Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warrior - US Pace - Cinemax (**Spoilers**)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

3.3: Whew! That was some attack at the end! Episode really felt like it was meant to establish Stickland.

his making moves looks like they might ultimately do more damage to the tongs

is doing well as Stickland, I think I mainly know him from Tyrant (boards.ie thread link): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Rayner

Feels like the type of character he'd be strong in/

3.4: Hmmm, that didn't go the way I had thought,

I was starting to guess that couple were duping Mai Ling. Looks like that's over now though. Saying that.. maybe it's time for Li Yong to get involved with this couple and they might become Long Zii puppets.

Stickland also definitely becoming a big part.. of this season at least.

The new head of the cops... I can see Young Jun taking him out of the picture

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just watching The Night Comes for Us on Netflix. Didn't realise the guy who plays Li Yong was the main actor before I started. Just knew Iko Uwais from The raid films was in it.

Wow, those RT scores feel like they shout out that this writer/director, Timo Tjahjanto..

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/timo_tjahjanto

.. started making shows, learned what was good, what worked and just built-on, improved and kept making better shows.

Trailer for The Night Comes For Us if anyone is interested..

The Night Comes For Us | Official Trailer [HD] | Netflix

3.5: wtf.. 😯 Wasn't expecting that.

Not sure what could happen to Chao. Unless maybe he could be traded over to Buckley. Doesn't feel like Jack could takeover Chaos business.

So this was episode 5 of 7. I think it's gotta be locked in to a violent finale at this point. Hmmm, guessing that

The New York cop has to come out dead. Maybe during a crackdown after the secret service go missing.

Maybe a move on Stickland.. though.. it doesn't feel like him and the Irish are being played for this season, maybe a future season

The Hop Wei vs Long Zii showdown if the Jungs can't handle the deal.

• Advertisement

I thought it was a 10 episode season.

Like I said, they may use this season to wrap things up and with how Max has been removing stuff, I kinda hope they do rather than leave it open for another season that may never come..

Me too but I said I'd have a quick check and RT and Wiki both only have 7 listed. IMDB lists 10 but has nothing filled into the slots for the extra 3.

Wiki shows TBA as the episode count at the top of the episodes section. IMDb showing 10 for me and if you check the cast it shows they star in 30 episodes so 10 a season. So all good.

Halfway done and not sure where they go with everything.

Wiki had 7 in the season 3 episodes list section, now has 8 for me with Hoon Lee (who plays Chao) listed as the writer. Maybe they are revealing these slowly for some surpises about who is involved.

3.6: To be fair, the second they mentioned a road trip with Ah Sahm and Young Jun .. well that just shouted another episode like the last road trip 😁

Could kinda tell Chao would go back for the cop. Just the Chao way 🙂

• Advertisement

10 episodes for season 3 listed on wiki now

3.7: I'm not sure if I should be surprised by Young Jun or just have expected Young Jun to be Young Jun.

Can't believe he's turning on Ah Sahm so soon. Though.. I kinda can

Episode 9

Note to self: Keep mouth off bar.

Chao setting up an action packed finale.

So now the question is will it be a season or a series finale?

Thought we might've seen Li Yong come to pay his respects to Father Jun, especially after how he brought him home and how he left Mai Ling.

Sad to see Lai go. Random fact: She's Jenna Ortega's stunt double in Wednesday.

3.8: This was a really well made episode. Like, it felt solid Warrior. Great opening scenes at the wedding.

Checked the wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warrior_(TV_series)#Season_3_(2023) and it's Hoon Lee, who plays Chao, who wrote it.

The fight between Li Yong and Kong Pak was good. I felt they necessarily couldn't amplify it anymore than they did or they might takeaway from Li Yongs earlier fights with.. what feels to me.. stronger opponents.. also possibly he'll have something more coming up. I don't know if they'll have Mai Ling and him ever face off. Feels like they are hinting it though. That last scene with him walking away on the dark street in the rain with the fire light street lamps, that looked so well done.

That was some fight between Bill and Atwood. I had a bit of a laugh when I heard an Irish accent in the background shouting "break his face".

Almost thought Young Jun could've been done-in by the father. Still could if they are not careful.

Then there's the secret services and Ah Sahms love story and the new Mayor going to have a go at Chinatown. It's all in the air.

Loved that twist at the end. I was looking at the people working and wondering where they were going with it. Then I was like.. Oh..

that's Strickland dead!

3.9: 😨😲😱😨

Yikes!

Only the season finale to go for me. That's some massive setup for it.

Strickland gotta be dead from either Ah Toy or Leary, or both.

Then a huge showdown at the plates.. at the ice factory I think they mentioned.

Good point about Li Yong. Fair if they want to argue he's busy at the moment or something.

I see that about Lai, Jenny Umbhau, her career has been more stunts that cast roles. Real action feel to her experience too! Wouldn't mind seeing her get more work. IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm8217532/

Episode 10

I guess they're expecting to get another season.

Has to be a final season since they're ended Ah Sahm's and Mai Ling's ties to their respective tongs.

And then have a main character death.

Well. That's season 3. Solid season of Warrior. Really feels like the folks who make this show really love their job 🙂

10: Solid bit of clearing house going on. I guess no

big huge one on one fight, though Ah Sahm leaving the Hop Wei was probably that event.

Season baddie Strickland getting sent right on his way. Adam Rayner acted Strickland really well. I only really knew him from Tyrant but he fit right into place here. A kind of further down the line Leary maybe. Though Leary doesn't feel like he'd end like that.

Can't believe they might have killed Chao. Can't see him coming back from that. Hoon Lee would be a loss to the series. He's directed one of the episodes this season.

Future: Will there be a season 4? I dunno. There could be. They've tonnes of open world they can still do. There's just the question of money and audience.

Yeah. I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Season 2 ended with a post-credit teaser, promising a big-time showdown that only got its shoe in the door in the final scenes, so it's fair to say the last season was one long teaser for a season that will never turn up. That's a pity; season 3 kept the narrative momentum going well enough to be engaging, and warrant another one - though it was a bit annoying continually wondering when the big villain would turn up. Turned up a tad too late for the party apparently.

Post edited by cdgalwegian on

• Registered Users Posts: 60,296 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Disapointed with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,296 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Netflix will stream the show next year so you never know there might be hope

Warrior is expected to debut on Netflix in February 2024. If it does well, Netflix could presumably order a new season of the drama based on an original concept and treatment by Bruce Lee, sources tell Deadline exclusively.

• Advertisement
Advertisement