Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warrior - US Pace - Cinemax (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just finished it and wanted more.

So in episode 5
    Did they take the gold, at least, since they didn't take the coffin. And I was trying to figure out how the bad guys knew there was gold. At first I thought the gold was been smuggled to them by someone working where the body was lifted.

And I expected throughout the season
    There'd be more interaction between Ah Sahm and Bill after revealing he could speak English

I do find it strange hearing Wang Chao and Ah Toy speaking in broken English after hearing them speaking clearly. It makes it seem like they're faking the broken English for the non Chinese. But knowing they're not makes it stranger that Mai Ling apparently speaks perfect English or else Buckley is speaking her language.

Speaking of Buckley, he reminds me of Clay from Banshee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Warrior Season 2 Will Debut on Cinemax on October 2, 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

Warrior Season 2 Will Debut on Cinemax on October 2, 2020

That's amazing. I thought Cinemax were done with original programming....

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That's amazing. I thought Cinemax were done with original programming....

It is done making original shows however season two was renewed and filming last year before the decision to fold it into HBO Max was made.

So more than likely season two will be the last original made by them.

They have one more co production with a South African network to might get renewed called Trackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

It is done making original shows however season two was renewed and filming last year before the decision to fold it into HBO Max was made.

They have one more co production with a South African network to might get renewed called Trackers.

That's fantastic news, I really enjoyed season one. Just a real shame that Jett won't get a second season, as that was left with a real cliffhanger at the end...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I think they have co-produced Gangs of London with Sky as well

That's fantastic news, I really enjoyed season one. Just a real shame that Jett won't get a second season, as that was left with a real cliffhanger at the end...
    Real shame. Even though it's only one season people should check out Jett. Really great series; brilliant showcase for Carla Gugino.

A small glimmer of hope for another season.

Carla Gugino
    I’ve been radio silent waiting for the official news that Cinemax will no longer be making original programming. And now that is the case. A very unusual and unforeseen development for sure. Soooooo, I wanted to let you know personally that the hunt for a new home for #JETT is ON.”

https://tvline.com/2020/01/16/jett-cancelled-renewed-season-2-cinemax-original-series-ending/

A small glimmer of hope for another season.
    Fingers crossed. I grew to love that show; it's one of the classiest out there.

• Advertisement

The last ever Cinemax production :( starts October 2nd.

Started back in the US last night.
    Haven't watched it yet.

Due to start the 14th on Sky One

The Trump rally parallels this week was funny because it was so obvious.

Halfway through now and hoping they were able to do some sort of ending for the series.

Liking it so far.

Was said before but do find it funny that they hire an Englishman to play the role of an Irishman fighting against foreigners taking jobs away from the Irish.

Also while I said before about it being strange, I like how they have 3 different ways of talking depending who they're with. Speaking in plain English when with other Chinese. Speaking Cantonese to each other when in the company of English speakers, then speaking broken English to English speakers. Must be hard to do it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I'm in catch-up.

Cinemax is finished? Ah crap. Went to wiki after reading that and I can't remember seeing that this show was made in Cape Town, South Africa before. Wow! The old west episode like!

2.1: Solid intro, recap of where we are and what's happening. Not sure what's happening with the Tongs. Looks like that'll be a longer plot. The Irishman though.. I get the feeling something he does will kick up some fire between the Tongs.

2.2: Phew! Some of those violent scenes!
    Jeez, that message that Mai Ling sent to the other Tongs by wiping out the young lads. I assume that you guy had to show some face and seem to not back down and Zing then knew why he was there. There wouldn't be a different outcome.

Then the sonata scene where it seemed everyone knew where they were and kinda knew they were trapped by it. It was like.. artistic

2.3: Oh F**k! I nearly fell outta my chair when
    the attack on Bills house kicked off!
    Everything feels like it's about to kick off all over the place now!

2.4: A learning episode.
    I could almost hear the "Everybody's Got to Learn Sometime" song at the end there with Sopie. That's Penelope screwed I'd say. Guessing the contract has a 'non-performance' get-out-of-jail clause for the mayor.

Well Episode 2.6 was
    the equivalent of season 1's episode 5.
    I do like a fighting tournament. Liked that episode.

2.5: Things moving along.
    Mai Ling and her Tong side weakened from losing the Fung Hai. So now she's looking to compensate for that by going to Ah Sahm but there again, it's like she and yer man want chaos anyway. Not sure if we'll see Zing again so I'm guessing he got a better way out (big fight with Li) than if he had just been done by the cops.

• Advertisement

2.6: That was one of the good one. One heck of a story.
    The twists kept getting me. Just when I thought it was going to be about one thing (the fight, the getaway..) it pivots.

Loved that last episode some great fight scenes and a nice little twist and then the ending setting up next weeks episode.

2.7: Wow! That was chaos!

With 3 episodes left, I'm worried it's just going to end on a big cliffhanger.
    We need a fight between Ah Sahm and Leary.

Probably end with a showdown about to start between Leary's men, the police and the 2 tongs.

2.8: That was an epic episode! Start to finish!
    Damn that fight with Ah Toy, I thought she was a goner! There should be a whole separate episode done to show Jacobs perspective for all the stuff that happened here! Maximum shakey cam!
    That scene where Buckly lost his leg! Gruesome!
    Was lookin through my fingers! :eek:

Although a Jacob episode could be interesting, with only 2 episodes left I wouldn't want 1 wasted on that.

Took me a few minutes to realise who sent the men since the first 2 I thought of were the actual cops coming for some "entertainment" but they didn't look like the cops. Then thought it was the Irish trying to get a point across to the new mayor but seem like them.

Well the title of this episode was a great Enter the Dragon and he enters with Nunchucks.

Only one episode to go I'm not sure how it doesn't end on a cliffhanger though :(

I am seriously going to miss Cinemax fight scenes.

Well got the
    Jacob PoV and it helped sympathise more with how it ended for him.

Great episode and
    that whole battle was so well done.
    I'm guessing word of Ah Sahm's fight will spread. I think that would've led to jealousy from Young Jun in a later season or maybe give the Hop Wei a great reputation in Chinatown over Mai Ling and the Long Zi.

Looking forward to and dreading next week's series finale. Looking forward to it for the fallout from this but dreading it because I know it's going to end with a few cliffhangers.
    I doubt we'll get the Ah Sahm/Leary fight.

2.9: Damn that was one hell of an episode!
    Slydice wrote: »
    There should be a whole separate episode done to show Jacobs perspective for all the stuff that happened here! Maximum shakey cam!

Jeez,
    I wasn't expecting it to go so dark with Jacob. I never considered Chao doing that.
    Then how Ah Toy
    was in bits too!

The crafting of the story to lead to this point was just right.
    The battle was massive! Then that ending and the look between Ah Sahm and Leary. I dunno if it was the big-up for a fight or what. It might be something else. I dunno, it was so tense!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭garrettod

Really enjoyed S01

.. Must watch S02

Thanks,

G.

Advertisement