Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

firearms amendments time

Options
  • 22-08-2018 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

How long does it usually take to get an amendment back on your licence?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

A substitution or an amendment? Not being pedantic but they are two different things.

A substitution is changing the license to another firearm whereas an amendment is amending the details of a license (mistake/error).

A Substitution usually takes three weeks, at least that is the guideline time frame for it. An Amendment should be a week or so.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭cd07

Thanks for the reply its an amendment for a serial number error on my licence.

I assume you used the FCA2?

I've done this once and it took about two days for the fO to ring me to confirm as he hadn't done one before, he changed the details on PULSE while talking to me on the phone then requested the reprint which arrived about three days later.

Like everything else its down to how fast your FO deals with the paperwork, how low down on the list you are, and if they deal with it efficiently. However if you haven't gotten word within 10 working days i'd be ringing if only to check they have the paperwork. No harm to inform them that technically you have no license as the serial of the firearm doesn't match the license. Might help it go faster and if you have to suggest that s/he does it on PULSE while talking to you. It's that simple so there should be no excuse why it takes weeks and weeks.

IOW it doesn't have to go through the full application process.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Thanks. Yea I filled out the fca2 with the firearm dealer who also rang the fo while I was with him so dropped the form down to him after. The reason for my haste is its for a .270 for the new season!!

cd07 wrote: »
    The reason for my haste is its for a .270 for the new season!!
    That;d be a good reason alright. Hope it comes back to you soon. If you haven't heard by Monday/Tuesday i'd be making calls. Stress the importance without being demanding.

Polite but firm.

• Advertisement

Thanks Cass....legend

Advertisement