Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do I do?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭NOVA MCMXCIV

Okay, after reading everyone's replies I feel like I can do the level 6.

However, today I went for a meeting with a fetac guidance counselor, basically she told me I wouldn't be able for the level 6, that people who did well in their leaving would even struggle, she said a level 5 is too high for me as well? she recommended a level 4 in this local fetac center so I went to talk to the woman in charge there, and to be 100% honest its an absolute awful place, full of graffiti etc, and the people there were very off-putting. From what I was told I'd basically have to do something just like the leaving cert english, maths, and a few other subjects of choice.
    Honestly i'm just sick of even being told I'm not capable for a level 6, a level 5 sure I would be happy to do, but a level 4? that just seemed completely wrong for me. I feel i'm being underestimated due to the circumstances I was under and my mental health, its ridiculous, not only that but I'm being pressured by my family to "just do the level 4" I feel like I should just do the level 6, and my absolute hardest, if maths is a problem I can get grinds surely, this entire situation is just horrifically stressful and I need to make a decision this week because the course starts next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 twiz

Another option is private college - it depends which one but often doesn't work out much more expensive than the public registration fees. It might not be what you're looking for, but something to keep in mind:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Be very careful with private colleges and FETAC/QQI awards. Make sure they are offering full 'major' awards, not just part of one.

Advertisement