Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Super-Showdown - October 6th from Melbourne, Australia

Options
  • 22-08-2018 11:41am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, this show got a promo on Raw, AND is streaming on the Network. So I reckon it could get it's own thread, since it's basically a mini-PPV.

Card so far
    Last Time Ever
    The Undertaker vs Triple H

Winner gets a title shot
    The Miz vs Daniel Bryan

John Cena/Bobby Lashley vs Elias/Kevin Owens

Of note is the fact this show takes place after Bryan's contract is supposed to expire, but they only just announced his match this morning.

Also scheduled to appear are Ronda Rousey, Shawn Michaels, Shane McMahon, and The Big Show. The Shield will also apparently be fighting as a trio.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

According to the stadium's website this starts at 6pm local time which is 4am our time. Triple H v The Undertaker is the headline match so far at least. If The Shield are fighting as a trio then I'd expect it to be against The Wyatt Family (minus Rowan). Though the belts have to be defended so maybe they'll be fighting separately. Also it's a weird thing now in WWE because they are building to this, HIAC & Evolution at the same time. Backlash this year was basically an afterthought show behind the GRR.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Awful name for the event. Sounds like the guy doing the John Cena prank call

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

cliggg wrote: »
    Though the belts have to be defended so maybe they'll be fighting separately.

Oh my friend... how wrong you are...

WWE haven't had an Universal Champion on screen for the best part of 18 months they prob can't remember how to book that belt anymore.

And the Intercontinental Championship drops off the radar as soon as it gets hot. And seeing how it's after coming off a decent run with Rollins and then Ziggler I imagine it will now play 3rd fiddle to Reigns and the bogus Shield Reunion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Awful name for the event. Sounds like the guy doing the John Cena prank call

Listen to that about once a month, one of the best things on the internet

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

to put in the random thoughts thread or here...

I'm calling Venom Balor at this show.

Venom comes out 2 days before the show and the Demon Gimmick would 100% suit venom, it'd be akin to Rey Mysterio and his WM Superhero gear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,848 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Gargano did the Venom thing at Takeover.

So any reason they're doing all this for Australia? They pay like Saudi Arabia?

Will they have Peyton, Billie and Buddy in matches?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,351 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Last time ever till the Saudis pay to see it.

Also wasn’t it reported a while back that Bryan signed a new contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,351 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

to put in the random thoughts thread or here...

I'm calling Venom Balor at this show.

Venom comes out 2 days before the show and the Demon Gimmick would 100% suit venom, it'd be akin to Rey Mysterio and his WM Superhero gear

How long before a Studio actually pays the WWE to gimmick up Balor as one of there characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,895 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

We knw Edge won't be at it as he's doing the ITR Tivoli show on Sunday 7th Oct

Hopefully a UK show similar to this follows suite in 2019 and I'll deff travel over for it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Looks like a skippable big budget house show like this Greatest Royal Rumble was. I wish it was Taker wrestling for the last time as I've no interest in seeing him in ring anymore. His work now resembles Hogan's stuff when he last wrestled for WWE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Listen to that about once a month, one of the best things on the internet

I’d never heard it so I went and looked it up. It did make me laugh especially the bit where they were pretending to be calling about the military but why the f... would you keep answering?

Pentecost wrote: »
    I’d never heard it so I went and looked it up. It did make me laugh especially the bit where they were pretending to be calling about the military but why the f... would you keep answering?

Ssshhh don't question it or point out holes just enjoy it :pac:

Some people think it's bad manners not to answer the phone, and if the number was private each time then you could justify it I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Between this and the women's PPV, there is no "regular" PPV event for October. Big gap between Hell In A Cell on September 16th and Survivor Series on November 18th for a regular PPV.

So it's a 10am start time here for Sat 6th Oct

Will really throw back the years of watching wrestling on a Saturday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

PTH2009 wrote: »
    So it's a 10am start time here for Sat 6th Oct

Will really throw back the years of watching wrestling on a Saturday morning

Yeah I love that, the nostalgia kick will be nice.

Gonna be tricky for anyone watching the McGregor fight though, it’s on the following morning at around 6am but for anyone who watches the full card like myself, it’s 11pm. Daytime nap will be essential. :D

martyos121 wrote: »
    Yeah I love that, the nostalgia kick will be nice.

Gonna be tricky for anyone watching the McGregor fight though, it’s on the following morning at around 6am but for anyone who watches the full card like myself, it’s 11pm. Daytime nap will be essential. :D

And the Edge inside the ropes is on the following night in the Tivoli

Cedric Alexander vs Buddy Murphy for CW title added

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Cedric Alexander vs Buddy Murphy for CW title added

Buddy technically the hometown hero. Could see a title change here.

Loughc wrote: »
    Buddy technically the hometown hero. Could see a title change here.

With how WWE treat hometown guys these days I’d expect him to lose convincingly and Alexa to come out and kick him in the nards

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Becky vs Charlotte for the women's title added to the card.

Also, local ads are saying
    hbk to special ref the HHH/Taker match.

• Advertisement

Full card

Last time ever- Undertaker (W Kane)vs Triple H(W Shawn Michaels)
    Bobby Lashley & John Cena vs Kevin Owens and Elias
    WWE Title Number 1 contenders match- Daniel Bryan vs The Miz
    WWE Title no DQ match - Aj Styles vs Samoa Joe
    The Shield vs Braun Strowman, Dolph Ziggler and Drew Mcintyre
    Bella Twins and Ronda Rousey vs Riott Squad
    WWE SD Womens title- Becky Lynch vs Charlotte
    WWE SD Tag titles- New Day vs The Bar
    Askua and Naomi vs The Icconics
    WWE Crusierweight title- Cedric Alexander vs Buddy Murphy

starts at 10am our time Sat 6th Oct on the WWE network

Should be a good laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

So pretty much a Smackdown PPV with a Raw undercard and two geriatrics wrestling one another, saving the Raw titles for the Saudis is it? I usually like these shows, at least they feel a bit different than the usual, it's just going to be such a long show.

What's the story with this show anyway (as in why is it happening)?

Ali Bomaye wrote: »
    What's the story with this show anyway (as in why is it happening)?

Money. That’s why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Match quality wise i’m not expecting much though hopefully i’m wrong, but watching wrestling on a Saturday morning is something I haven’t done in about 15 years so I am looking forward to reliving my childhood years :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,556 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yeah the Saturday morning aspect will be a bit of a nostalgia buzz. I remember the start time was similar for the Tokyo show in 2015 where I watched some of it in Dublin airport which was a new wrestling watching experience I have to say.

Yeah I'll try and watch as much as I can live.

Yeah hoping I get up in time Sat for the start but I'll watch whenever I do. We often play Rugby against Aus/All blacks around similar times

All the Americans are prob having **** attacks cause of the hour it's on over there (5am/2am) but they need to know how it feels for us almost every PPV

Think was said in the Greatest Royal Rumble thread, but wonder if it could lead to a big event over here. I doubt we'll get a proper PPV though

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Think was said in the Greatest Royal Rumble thread, but wonder if it could lead to a big event over here. I doubt we'll get a proper PPV though

Ireland prob won't get an event like this (it's not certain they will be here next may on the live event tour either)

The UK or somewhere like Germany/France might get an event like this and I'll deff make the trip

Yeah I just meant this part of the world. Figured UK would be a likely spot since they have regular TV tapings there

• Advertisement

I assume this is 4 hours?

Advertisement