Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

worth trading in for Xbox one x

Options
  • 22-08-2018 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Hi guys so I currently have the Xbox one s but was thinking about trading in that for the Xbox one x to make the most of my 4k TV.

GameStop currently offering this deal if you trade in your Xbox one s with 2 games on their list (which I have )

And pay 200 euro you get a Xbox one x with 12 month's Xbox live and get rare replay game.

Is this a good deal would anyone recommend it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

Up to yourself really.

But have a read of a few articles first to make up your mind.

https://www.trustedreviews.com/opinion/xbox-one-x-vs-one-s-2993240

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/xbox-one-s-vs-xbox-one-x/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Hi guys so I currently have the Xbox one s but was thinking about trading in that for the Xbox one x to make the most of my 4k TV.

GameStop currently offering this deal if you trade in your Xbox one s with 2 games on their list (which I have )

And pay 200 euro you get a Xbox one x with 12 month's Xbox live and get rare replay game.

Your basically getting a brand new Xbox One X for like €120 if you take the value of Gold out of it . It’s probably the best bargain you’ll get on an X between here and Christmas.

You're basically getting a brand new Xbox One X for like €120 if you take the value of Gold out of it . It’s probably the best bargain you’ll get on an X between here and Christmas.

Unless you want to wait and risk getting a better deal in the January / Black Friday sales (Nov 23rd according to wikipedia).

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Ye it's so hard to wait haha I'm not very patient ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Thats actually a good deal. I wonder if I upgrade my daughters xbox one s in living room to x too. I might play dowstairs sometimes too.

Is the actual upgrade from s to x worgh it?

Short answer: yes.

Long answer: hell yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

In fairness, its a great deal from Gamestop, but be prepared for the usual "squeezing water from a stone" in store experience.

I availed of the Xbox One S upgrade deal a few months ago, so my advice would be get in early and see if you can trade in the console before the actual deal start date. That way you can pop in on the start date and just pick up an X.

My gut is you won't get a better deal in the Black Friday or January sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

Looks like theyre after pulling the deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Where does it say you get a live sub with it ?

From their site.

From their site.

The ad on the site doesn't mention 12 month live. "Click here" just brings you to the purchase link for a new console!

ZfwYNC2.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

It's doesn't mention the s part in the advert tho.. Can I trade in the Xbox one?

Lashes28 wrote:
    It's doesn't mention the s part in the advert tho.. Can I trade in the Xbox one?

Worth asking them on Twitter or Facebook messenger

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Yep, I traded my xbox one 500gb yesterday, the two game that are require is any two off their 1€ trade in list.
    Otherwise its 259.99 without.
    I got 14 dya trial and the replay game off them

If I have downloaded games on it (my Xbox S )
    how can I transfer them to the Xbox X or are they tied to my gamer tag so when I login to the Xbox X I get to the option to redownload them ??

how can I transfer them to the Xbox X or are they tied to my gamer tag so when I login to the Xbox X I get to the option to redownload them ??

Yep, you just remove your account from the old one and they'll download to the new one.

https://support.xbox.com/en-WW/xbox-live/download-content

(has a link there about transferring content)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

tied to your account so you can just re download them

Just make sure if you are trading in the S you go to Settings - Account - Remove Accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If you have an external hard drive just transfer your games from the current console to that and then plug it into the new one. It'll save you having to redownload the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Already have a PS4 pro and Xbox one S so really not sure if this is worth paying 200 for! Plus main game I know would look better on X red dead 2 is already pre ordered for me on ps4. Decisions decisions.

scottigael wrote: »
    Already have a PS4 pro and Xbox one S so really not sure if this is worth paying 200 for! Plus main game I know would look better on X red dead 2 is already pre ordered for me on ps4. Decisions decisions.

Have a look at Digital Foundry for game comparisons between the Pro and X.

You could use the Pro for the exclusives and the X for multi plats.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

TitianGerm wrote: »
    If you have an external hard drive just transfer your games from the current console to that and then plug it into the new one. It'll save you having to redownload the games.

If you don't have an external drive, then just hook them up to the same network and you can transfer the games over your network as well.

CatInABox wrote: »
    If you don't have an external drive, then just hook them up to the same network and you can transfer the games over your network as well.

He'll be trading in his Xbox though so won't be able to do that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

He'll be trading in his Xbox though so won't be able to do that.

Ah, didn't read the entire thread. External would be best then, or just redownload them.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Have a look at Digital Foundry for game comparisons between the Pro and X.

You could use the Pro for the exclusives and the X for multi plats.

This.

This is exactly what I do having both the Pro and the X.

The only games I have on both are Hellblade and Overwatch.

I got Hellblade on release on the Pro and then again on the X. There's a reasonable difference in visuals, nothing drastic.

I've been playing Overwatch on Xbox for 2 years and will continue to do so. I recently picked it up for the Pro to play with friends for fun. The difference between the Pro and the X is night and day. It is remarkably better looking on the X.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Lenny wrote: »
    Yep, I traded my xbox one 500gb yesterday, the two game that are require is any two off their 1€ trade in list.
    Otherwise its 259.99 without.
    I got 14 dya trial and the replay game off them

Would it be 229.99 if you had one game to trade in on the list?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Would it be 229.99 if you had one game to trade in on the list?

Didnt offer that, I just kept the game. I'll get another one and use it towards the 1 euro game

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Just upgraded to the One X the other day and there is quite a difference in input lag when playing 4K/HDR. Anyone else experience this?

Just upgraded to the One X the other day and there is quite a difference in input lag when playing 4K/HDR. Anyone else experience this?

No, should be the same.

Your TV is probably the culprit. I know that on my screen, HDR is a different "mode", so the settings for SDR didn't carry over (wouldn't have made much sense to either, in fairness). See what the proper settings are for your screen online, as your TV might be adding the input lag.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Decky86

Tempted to upgrade. The 12 months extra would have been sweet but has that offer since been changed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

Traded mine today highly impressed Halo looks unreal in 4k.
    Looking forward to seeing Origins in the same

Advertisement