Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are motorbikes permitted to use the Bus lane during peak hours?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

I've no problem with motorbikes in bus lanes either. The only issues arise when someone chooses to be a dick, but every mode of transport has such people and they'd likely be a problem to those around them no matter what mode of transport they chose.

Re the reduced number of couriers, pizza delivery mopeds seems a lot less prevalent too. For which I'm grateful, far too many of them used to ride it like they stole it, lifespan of the Mayfly I'd guess. Mind you, they seem to have been replaced by cars that invariably seem to have plenty of dents and scratches, which might suggest it's not an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,279 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Effects wrote: »
    If that was the case then the biker in the original post would just have gone straight through fairview park.
    Any motorcyclists I see using cycle tracks do so to filter through slow or stationary vehicles. I've never seen a motorcyclist using a segregated cycle track so I don't understand your logic.
    A few motorcyclists use the one on the Blackrock bypass to skip traffic about 100m

Advertisement