Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female Led Relationship - next wave feminism?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Sal Butamol

My friend married this awful yoke of a woman a few years back. Built like a tank, German and a total domineering cow.

If they are out somewhere together she has all the money. He's not allowed carry any cash or cards, he has to ask her for money for everything.

Like a boy with his mother. It's pitiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Dick Pickle

My friend married this awful yoke of a woman a few years back. Built like a tank, German and a total domineering cow.

If they are out somewhere together she has all the money. He's not allowed carry any cash or cards, he has to ask her for money for everything.

Like a boy with his mother. It's pitiful.

Fair chance his knob is locked up as well. Apparently this pegging thing is common with this also

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

That's his fault, though. She's an absolute scumbag by the sound of things but he's the one going along with it. Personally, if anyone tried to tell me who to be friends with, I'd politely direct them towards the door.

Well, he still sees me, she just doesn't know it. Whatever is needed to keep the peace.

It is interesting that she never made any "restrictions" on him till after the first child was born - I'd say many men would not go against the mother of their child.

Just FYI - never ever ever any pattyfingers going on or that, he's like my little brother, it would be weird!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Giraffe Box

bluewolf wrote: »
    People's kinks are nothing to do with feminism
    I think we should blame the commies
    El Weirdo wrote: »
    And people on the dole.

...........and people who blame everything on people on the dole.

I gave up after this bit: ''Imagine a strong man, say a broker...''

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

She goes to work to pay all the bills, I wake up a little bit later, go to the bookies and do a few bets on the days horse racing, give the house a once over, pop to the shops, do a bit of cooking, give her a seeing to when she gets home for the dinner after the takeaway. I'll take that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

Well, he still sees me, she just doesn't know it. Whatever is needed to keep the peace.

It is interesting that she never made any "restrictions" on him till after the first child was born - I'd say many men would not go against the mother of their child.

Just FYI - never ever ever any pattyfingers going on or that, he's like my little brother, it would be weird!!

She's right you know
    Men and women can never truly be friends

He's already imagined you naked with all that goes along with it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

99nsr125 wrote: »
    She's right you know

Imagining someone naked and not being able to be friends with them are 2 different things.

I have a good group of male friends - one I've been friends with since we were 15 and we would often be out together without our partners- he's now also really good friends with my husband and they would sometimes go for pints without me. Would never think of him romantically and I would swear in court that he wouldn't either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Isn’t this the storyline of my best friends wedding?

99nsr125 wrote: »
    She's right you know

No chance, he's not currently weeping in a corner!!!!!

optogirl wrote: »
    Imagining someone naked and not being able to be friends with them are 2 different things.

I have a good group of male friends - one I've been friends with since we were 15 and we would often be out together without our partners- he's now also really good friends with my husband and they would sometimes go for pints without me. Would never think of him romantically and I would swear in court that he wouldn't either.

Me and the best mate have been on hols together before he was married.

No big deal!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Before ye get the pitchforks out, FLR is not any sort of political movement or an attempt to socially engineer the masses. It's an extension of the FemDom kink which extends beyond the bedroom to every-day situations, and some people absolutely love it.

Nobody (that I know of) is talking about trying to engineer vanilla lads into accepting this against their will, it's a consensual arrangement between a dominant woman and submissive man. That's all. It's no different to being consensually tied up and whipped or punished in bed, except that they decide to extend it into everyday situations.

Obviously something like this is bound to be co-opted by a minority of Tumblr eejits into something that it's not, but by and large this isn't something to get pissed off about. And I'd know, being into femdom in the bedroom myself I've been pretty much immersed in this community and its terminology since I was 11 or 12 - and I definitely couldn't be accused of being an SJW or feminist :D:D:D

EDIT: The irony is, it's actually usually lads who push for this, when they have submissive kinks. Whether because of societal expectations or just because fewer women are naturally dominant I don't know, but it's usually the aforementioned lads' girlfriends who find it weird and are hard to convince that it might be fun. Femdom forums are littered with posts from lads wondering how they might broach this subject with their girlfriends, but very few (in comparison) posts from women trying to figure out how they could initiate something like this with their BFs.

BUT MUH FEMINAZI'S

Damn you and your cold, hard facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Before ye get the pitchforks out, FLR is not any sort of political movement or an attempt to socially engineer the masses. It's an extension of the FemDom kink which extends beyond the bedroom to every-day situations, and some people absolutely love it.

Nobody (that I know of) is talking about trying to engineer vanilla lads into accepting this against their will, it's a consensual arrangement between a dominant woman and submissive man. That's all. It's no different to being consensually tied up and whipped or punished in bed, except that they decide to extend it into everyday situations.

Obviously something like this is bound to be co-opted by a minority of Tumblr eejits into something that it's not, but by and large this isn't something to get pissed off about. And I'd know, being into femdom in the bedroom myself I've been pretty much immersed in this community and its terminology since I was 11 or 12 - and I definitely couldn't be accused of being an SJW or feminist :D:D:D

EDIT: The irony is, it's actually usually lads who push for this, when they have submissive kinks. Whether because of societal expectations or just because fewer women are naturally dominant I don't know, but it's usually the aforementioned lads' girlfriends who find it weird and are hard to convince that it might be fun. Femdom forums are littered with posts from lads wondering how they might broach this subject with their girlfriends, but very few (in comparison) posts from women trying to figure out how they could initiate something like this with their BFs.

You're not right in the head son.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...I'd know, being into femdom in the bedroom myself I've been pretty much immersed in this community and its terminology since I was 11 or 12...

Do you mind me asking who exposed you to all that kind of happy horseshit at that age? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Now now Paddy! Temper temper! :p:D

I agree with hatrick. It is just a kink and something both partners enjoy. It's not bullshít or weird it's just a different way of having a relationship. It wouldn't be for me though because I absolutely love a dominant man :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

jimgoose wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking who exposed you to all that kind of happy horseshit at that age? :pac:

I hit puberty far younger than most lads, around 9 or 10, so long before anyone had time to indoctrinate me into any mainstream "correct" way of looking at sexuality - and my earliest fantasies in that regard were ridiculously kinky ones. Who knows why, it's always fascinated me if there are personality types or causes for being dominant or submissive in bed, but we'll probably never really know for sure - or at least not until the entire subject becomes de-tabooed enough for a proper scientific research study involving candid, honest interviews with participants. I can't see that happening currently when there's still such a high likelihood of people not being entirely up front with some random stranger interviewing them for such a study. People will hold back and therefore the study will be inaccurate - or at least that's my prediction, anyway.

The lucky thing for me is that my early puberty combined with a frankly ridiculous level of interest in technology at that age allowed me to explore communities dedicated to this stuff online, meet people, read stories and write some of my own, all without anyone ever finding out that I was doing it. So by the time "the talk" arrived and subsequently sex ed in school, I already had my own fully fledged sexual identity which was entirely independent of any "expectations" or societal BS.

I've said this before, but to be honest I feel that as a sub guy I have it easy. I know sub women who are genuinely tormented by their own desires because they feel that enjoying being dominated is somehow unfeminist or contributing to societal level repression of women - the ridiculous "collectivist" notion pervading feminism, which says that one's own individual choices have to be made with consideration to how they effect the rest of the "pack" if you like. The "no man is an island" idea, essentially. It's really sad. I know several women who've repressed this aspect of their personalities because they feel guilty for feeling sub-ish while at the same time being bombarded with the message that this harms all women everywhere in some ridiculous way.

As a guy, I'm free to engage in whatever kind of sub fantasies I feel like with a willing partner, and nobody tells me that it's bad because it's affecting all men on a societal level. So ironically enough, the sex-negative movement of feminists is actually restricting womens' own freedom far more than it restricts mens'. Go figure.

Coming from a man who's been known to put away thirty pints or more in a day, this seems just a tad rich :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I thought this was otherwise known as marriage? *runs* :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

As a guy, I'm free to engage in whatever kind of sub fantasies I feel like with a willing partner, and nobody tells me that it's bad because it's affecting all men on a societal level. So ironically enough, the sex-negative movement of feminists is actually restricting womens' own freedom far more than it restricts mens'. Go figure.
    Never considered that aspect of things TBH. Though I would have thought because it's something that's behind closed doors it wouldn't really affect people's choices? I have known a large enough minority of women who wanted to be the "submissive" partner across the board, more old fashioned housewife thing. And that's more public, but they didn't seem to get any static over it that I noticed anyway. The main issue seemed to be a) finding guys who also wanted that and could actually follow up on it and b) the financial aspects of modern life that require both partners on a more equal financial footing, unless one of them is particularly well off. More basic life realities than anything else.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Never considered that aspect of things TBH. Though I would have thought because it's something that's behind closed doors it wouldn't really affect people's choices? I have known a large enough minority of women who wanted to be the "submissive" partner across the board, more old fashioned housewife thing. And that's more public, but they didn't seem to get any static over it that I noticed anyway. The main issue seemed to be a) finding guys who also wanted that and could actually follow up on it and b) the financial aspects of modern life that require both partners on a more equal financial footing, unless one of them is particularly well off. More basic life realities than anything else.

I personally know women who are wracked with guilt after watching a BDSM video for example, because they feel that it's a betrayal of their social beliefs about equality. I just consider myself lucky in that regard. I'm as anti-SJW, pro-mens' rights as anyone on AH in most cases, but I've never felt that my attraction to sexually dominant women made me in any way complicit in the various ways society shafts lads. However, I know many women who feel that indulging their own submissive fantasies does make them "complicit" in everything from "rape culture" to abusive relationships. And I find that incredibly sad. It must really suck to have perfectly harmless and legitimate sexual kinks, and force yourself to repress them because a moronic political movement told you that you're in some way a bad person if you don't.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I personally know women who are wracked with guilt after watching a BDSM video for example, because they feel that it's a betrayal of their social beliefs about equality. I just consider myself lucky in that regard. I'm as anti-SJW, pro-mens' rights as anyone on AH in most cases, but I've never felt that my attraction to sexually dominant women made me in any way complicit in the various ways society shafts lads. However, I know many women who feel that indulging their own submissive fantasies does make them "complicit" in everything from "rape culture" to abusive relationships. And I find that incredibly sad. It must really suck to have perfectly harmless and legitimate sexual kinks, and force yourself to repress them because a moronic political movement told you that you're in some way a bad person if you don't.

I'd love to give a slap to anyone who told them it wasn't ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Giraffe Box

bluewolf wrote: »
    I'd love to give a slap to anyone who told them it wasn't ok

...or even a crack of a whip?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

...or even a crack of a whip?

I feel that might be delivering the wrong message! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ham Grenade

Crackpotism though with the way society now is it’s hard to know what’s next !

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dorothylives

In FemDom led relationships it's the man who has all the power just as it's the woman who has all the power if she is the submissive in the relationship. The relationship is built on absolute trust. A submissive hands control to their Dom knowing that they can trust them. Anyone who thinks otherwise is doing it wrong. Very often it's men who are hugely successful and in very powerful careers who enjoy being submissive, it's a way for them to surrender control and release the pressure. A lot of submissive men like to be spanked or physically punished, they find it euphoric. Some people enjoy kink, others don't, each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Brid Hegarty

@hatrickpatrick I personally know women who are wracked with guilt after watching a BDSM video for example, because they feel that it's a betrayal of their social beliefs about equality.

Just out of curiosity, would these be the same women that you've gotten to dominate you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Was it really worth digging up a thread from 2018 for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RED BUTTOCKS

I'm certainly not into Femdom relationships, quite the opposite... I'm a Dominant male.... But to each to their own... Whatever turns you on...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,414 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Username doesn't check out, but welcome to Boards - great first post.

• Advertisement
Advertisement