Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uncle Ben

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Omackeral wrote: »
    I stupidly read their manifesto with the “we listened, we learned, we changed” rhetoric and it says they’ll be giving scholarships to aspiring Black chefs. So basing something completely on race. Isn’t that a bit... racist?

Only if it's in favour towards white people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

I stupidly read their manifesto with the “we listened, we learned, we changed” rhetoric and it says they’ll be giving scholarships to aspiring Black chefs. So basing something completely on race. Isn’t that a bit... racist?

You dont know? Its crap being a chef, so they are trying to entice poorer people who arent smart enough to work as a chef to try it. The reality is nobody wants to chef any more and is becoming low paid job. They are bringing in African and western Asian chefs. I was on a cruise last year and I never saw one white chef in the kitchen.

Dont be fooled with the auld diversity approach they need chefs to cook their products in restaurants and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,020 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

A fodo company with a "Manifesto"?! Says it all!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

John Doe1 wrote: »
    Aw lads, I was a massive racist but now that Uncle bens have done this, I'm a changed man.
    OMG that's so ricest !

Black rice matters.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Has there been any campaign to replace the Notre Dame and Boston Celtic's logos yet ?

Now they are offensive.
    They are inoffensive compared to Lucky Charms.

• Advertisement

They are inoffensive compared to Lucky Charms.

Dont get me fuppin' started on the Luck Charms.....

Dont get me fuppin' started on the Luck Charms.....

Why? What's wrong with lucky charms?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Jimmy Twotimes

Rip uncle Ben.

I miss that nigga like you wouldn't believe...

Why? What's wrong with lucky charms?

Everything that stereotypes the Irish. I am surprise he is not coming home drunk and beating his Leprechaun wife like in some surreal part of "Family Guy".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Everything that stereotypes the Irish. I am surprise he is not coming home drunk from Wifey McBeattys and beating his Leprechaun wife like in some surreal part of "Family Guy".

fixed that for you skooter!:pac:

• Advertisement

Everything that stereotypes the Irish. I am surprise he is not coming home drunk and beating his Leprechaun wife like in some surreal part of "Family Guy".

When you said "don't get me started" I was kind of hoping for something a bit more epic in terms of a rant from you. Disappointed :(

When you said "don't get me started" I was kind of hoping for something a bit more epic in terms of a rant from you. Disappointed :(

Maybe next time.....

A fodo company with a "Manifesto"?! Says it all!

MasterFoods were sponsoring food science books for when I was training to be a chef. Bear in mind I was young and very green of what life was like in an industrial kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Uncle Ben's, owned by Mars Inc. ...

In 2019, Mars announced that they couldn't guarantee that their chocolate products were free from child slave labour, as they could trace only 24% of their purchasing back to the farm level. The Washington Post noted that the commitment taken in 2001 to eradicate such practices within 4 years had not been kept, neither at the due deadline of 2005, nor within the revised deadlines of 2008 and 2010, and that the result was not likely to be achieved for 2020 either.[75]

Uncle Ben's, owned by Mars Inc. ...

In 2019, Mars announced that they couldn't guarantee that their chocolate products were free from child slave labour, as they could trace only 24% of their purchasing back to the farm level. The Washington Post noted that the commitment taken in 2001 to eradicate such practices within 4 years had not been kept, neither at the due deadline of 2005, nor within the revised deadlines of 2008 and 2010, and that the result was not likely to be achieved for 2020 either.[75]

Shush will you!!! nobody wants to know where their chocolate comes from. It comes from way up in the alps from the Milka Cow!!

Shush will you!!! nobody wants to know where their chocolate comes from. It comes from way up in the alps from the Milka Cow!!

The Milka cows are on Mars?

No they are up in the alps where they are milked by Heidi and Peter the Goat herder.....

OMG that's so ricest !

Black rice matters.

No it doesnt it Effin' rank!!! you need some Nice white Pilau or basmati.... smooth and white

Where do you think the cow was heading when it jumped over the moon ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,011 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I find Family Guy's portrails of ethic minorities refreshing and honest.

• Advertisement

For milking, obviously!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Space.

.. .. ..

I'll get my coat.

Fcuk Tesco, you can buy a 20kg sack of rice in the Chinese shop on Capel Street for about a penny.

that's nuttin- I've a whole paddy field full of rice in me back garden

BTW, can you still say Paddy field or is it now Irish person field?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

that's nuttin- I've a whole paddy field full of rice in me back garden

BTW, can you still say Paddy field or is it now Irish person field?

eh, no. that'd be person-of-Irish

Advertisement