Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT due for car declared off road

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭newmember2

TL;DR

There's also imported cars with no MOT and no NCT (and no tax!) legally driving on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

newmember? wrote: »
    TL;DR

There's also imported cars with no MOT and no NCT (and no tax!) legally driving on the road.

oh-honey-no.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

newmember? wrote: »
    TL;DR

Are they younger then 4 years???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭newmember2

Are they younger then 4 years???

I don't know, but cars are coming in and being driven on Irish roads before being VRT'd, with no tax, no NCT, possibly written off, and it seems there's no law that forbids it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

are we doing this again? There is an exemption from having tax whilst driving to the NCT if your car is SORDed, I don't believe there is any other exemption from having tax and NCT except that you may drive a (non-dangerous) failed car home or to a place of repair .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Isambard wrote: »
    are we doing this again? There is an exemption from having tax whilst driving to the NCT if your car is SORDed, I don't believe there is any other exemption from having tax and NCT except that you may drive a (non-dangerous) failed car home or to a place of repair and back for re-test.

There is only exemption to drive the car on the day of failed test. There is absolutely nothing about driving it to have fixed and retested and unless you fix and retest the car the same day, you cannot legally do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

post amended. Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 23,261 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I wrote to rsa querying driving to NCT while declared off the road.

I got a response from NCTS. Rsa must have forwarded my email to NCTS.

It basically said that I will be unable to book an nct while the car is declared off the road.

What kind of horse sh1t is this?

Firstly, it's already booked and paid for.

Secondly, what if I trailer the car to the NCT?

Also I'm fecked if I'm going to tax the car now to book an nct 2 months away.

Can anyone point me to written confirmation from a government source re driving SORD car to NCT.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 624 CMod ✭✭✭✭LIGHTNING

Don't drag up ancient threads, create new ones.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement