Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Express our Displeasure with Politicians & Media

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Irish Kings

Idbatterim wrote: »
    that idiot Regina Doherty! What is her response to someone earning 30,000 last year, budget 2018, received a E1.50 income tax saving, while it was " insulting" to give less than a E5 weekly increase to the welfare wasters?

No matter what is said, you'll find the golden circles actual policy is always that people on 30,000 a year are paying far too little tax, and those on higher wages far too much

• Registered Users Posts: 24,300 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Sent.

Wonder what Paschal is thinking about Regina. Paschal wanted to reduce the burden of taxation on middle income earners and while doing a bad job of it - Regina is about to undo pretty much the whole lot in one budget..

tossers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

and this lack of imagination and bravery is just hacking away at the countrys future, I honestly consider it treasonous.

It is treasonous. It is my opinion a huge number of politicians enter it for personal gain and as a career. Once in, all that matters to them is holding onto that job, therefore they must ensure votes are gained across all sectors of society.

Middle Ireland is comfortable and has been for a while but getting more disillusioned by the day. I expect it to turn to action at some stage. There's only so far people can be pushed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

lawred2 wrote: »
    Sent.

Wonder what Paschal is thinking about Regina. Paschal wanted to reduce the burden of taxation on middle income earners and while doing a bad job of it - Regina is about to undo pretty much the whole lot in one budget..

tossers

He probably doesn't realise. His priority right now is getting the Dublin Metro moved away from Na Fiannas pitches. Lot of votes to be won there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,803 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    It is treasonous. It is my opinion a huge number of politicians enter it for personal gain and as a career. Once in, all that matters to them is holding onto that job, therefore they must ensure votes are gained across all sectors of society.

Middle Ireland is comfortable and has been for a while but getting more disillusioned by the day. I expect it to turn to action at some stage. There's only so far people can be pushed.

There aren't a huge number of politicians good or bad, in the first place. 158 TD's, 60 Senators and 949 County Councillors.

• Advertisement

It is my opinion a huge number of politicians enter it for personal gain and as a career

Honest people don't go anywhere near politics in Ireland, apart from the odd innocent header who didn't seem to know any better and who don't last too long.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 325 ✭✭Pretzeluck

_Brian wrote: »
    Vote, get your friends out to vote, this is how we show displeasure to politicians, emails and letters rarely make it to them but rather filtered through by secretaries.

The bigger problem is the growing entitlement brigade, they are growing in force and numbers and politicians are listening to them as a voting block. So free houses - SW increases and more taxes on tue worker will be common no matter who is in power.

You're foolish if you think that votes decide anything. If you want change go out in the streets and protest just like in France and then you'll get change. How many times it has been proven that it doesn't matter who you vote for.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,673 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

It is treasonous. It is my opinion a huge number of politicians enter it for personal gain and as a career.
    Would you prefer a bunch of amateurs? What's the problem with making a career?

Would you prefer a bunch of amateurs? What's the problem with making a career?

not everyone aspires to be a professional liar for a living

not everyone aspires to be a professional liar for a living

It's easy to knock it, but it's a lot harder to get up off your butt and actually do something about it.

• Advertisement

It's easy to knock it, but it's a lot harder to get up off your butt and actually do something about it.

so what do you intend to do about all the liars in Irish politics ?

so what do you intend to do about all the liars in Irish politics ?

What I intend to do is to encourage those who keep knocking politicians with the 'curse on all your houses' nonsense to get up off their butts and do something.

If you're convinced about the millions of people just waiting to sign up for the PDs V2.0, then obviously you should just start it and the supporters will come flying in.

The fact that Mickey McDowell had a look at having another go a year or two back, and decided against definitely shouldn't hold you back. Don't take the view of an ex-Tanaiste, ex-Minister, ex-party leader over a few Internet posters any day - sure what would he know?

What I intend to do is to encourage those who keep knocking politicians with the 'curse on all your houses' nonsense to get up off their butts and do something.

If you're convinced about the millions of people just waiting to sign up for the PDs V2.0, then obviously you should just start it and the supporters will come flying in.

The fact that Mickey McDowell had a look at having another go a year or two back, and decided against definitely shouldn't hold you back. Don't take the view of an ex-Tanaiste, ex-Minister, ex-party leader over a few Internet posters any day - sure what would he know?

I think you're confusing me with your false assumptions, I detest all politicians and parties and their cronies, so go do your party lackey propaganda thing somewhere else.

I detest all politicians and parties and their cronies,
    Good for you, with that kind of constructive attitude, I'm sure you'll find a great solution to this political problem any day now.

Good for you, with that kind of constructive attitude, I'm sure you'll find a great solution to this political problem any day now.

run along back to cronie spin school, there's a good lad.

run along back to cronie spin school, there's a good lad.

So what's your solution, beyond moaning on the forums, that is?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

So what's your solution, beyond moaning on the forums, that is?

Don’t you have to be a councilor before running for election ? This thread has been a success, honestly , I have underrated just what a failure the system and those frauds we have to choose from come election time are. They are the bloody problem! No ideas, no vision, no spine! Morons!

No matter what is said, you'll find the golden circles actual policy is always that people on 30,000 a year are paying far too little tax, and those on higher wages far too much
    Oh that’s true. But simple as, if you’ve got the money to send up in smoke on welfare increases, it’s totally unjustified now. Except if you’re running for election...

Don’t you have to be a councilor before running for election ? This thread has been a success, honestly , I have underrated just what a failure the system and those frauds we have to choose from come election time are. They are the bloody problem! No ideas, no vision, no spine! Morons!

Gerry Adams was NEVER a Councillor.

Don’t you have to be a councilor before running for election ?

Nope.

• Advertisement

ah cmon this is puerile stuff.

if an entire complex sphere of activity that occurs all over the world and for some millenia now as a necessary part of human society seems to you from the outside to be as simple and badly-operated as this, would you have a moment of self-awareness at all and consider for half a second that you are just very likely indeed to be underestimating what's involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Don’t you have to be a councilor before running for election ?

Not at all. George Lee took leave from RTE and got elected

Anyone else get a response from Regina this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭The Assistinator

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Is that physically or mentally disabled. Just think of the auld kids with the adhd and on the spectrum.
    I see you no one pulled you on this comment so allow me to ask the question what do you mean by this “on the spectrum “.

People could run as independents on a reward the tax payer mandate. They could then form an independent alliance perhaps. Might be a lot easier than trying to form a new party now before an election. I’m assuming if you were in any way decent and run on a primarily housing and rewarding work basis, you would probably get in, in many constituencies. If you form a party and receive over 2% of the vote, you receive 200,000 each year from central government...

This is very interesting. How to become a td article from the journal a few years back ... http://www.thejournal.ie/election-td-dail-running-vote-crack-attempt-2263391-Aug2015/

People could run as independents on a reward the tax payer mandate. They could then form an independent alliance perhaps. Might be a lot easier than trying to form a new party now before an election. I’m assuming if you were in any way decent and run on a primarily housing and rewarding work basis, you would probably get in, in many constituencies. If you form a party and receive over 2% of the vote, you receive 200,000 each year from central government...

This is very interesting. How to become a td article from the journal a few years back ... http://www.thejournal.ie/election-td-dail-running-vote-crack-attempt-2263391-Aug2015/

Hard to reward work and pay for a housing programme I'd have thought

Why not join one of the twenty or so parties that we have already. There is a vast difference between some of them on a whole range of issues. A few of them might fall into the sort of politics you want.

lawred2 wrote: »
    Hard to reward work and pay for a housing programme I'd have thought

No. Changing existing ridiculous regulations governing apartment/studio construction costs that ensure no worker on anywhere near the average industrial can afford a property, can be changed at zero cost ... and I’m not talking about these workers receiving any assistance from the state. in fact the government would be beneficiaries of such astounding vision with the increase in land value and all the extra construction related revenue it would bring in ...

Why not join one of the twenty or so parties that we have already. There is a vast difference between some of them on a whole range of issues. A few of them might fall into the sort of politics you want.
    Nah. Renua economically are the only ones I’d probably agree with. They look like they have severely curtailed the amounts of seats that they could win ... it’s a shame. I hold out hope a new party might form that would reward workers and actually appeal to more people than renua

• Advertisement

No. Changing existing ridiculous regulations governing apartment/studio construction costs that ensure no worker on anywhere near the average industrial can afford a property, can be changed at zero cost ... and I’m not talking about these workers receiving any assistance from the state. in fact the government would be beneficiaries of such astounding vision with the increase in land value and all the extra construction related revenue it would bring in ...

Your solution is bedsits?

Advertisement