Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cz 452 Safety cannot move and bolt is rough

Options
  • 12-08-2018 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

In my cz452 the safety is stuck off i cannot move it and the bolt is rougher to cycle the action i tried disassembly the bolt and reassembling it but it is not working i have no idea.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

The safety is in the "back" and "Off" position?

Have you tried to push it forward? It should only engage when the bolt is in the rifle and cocked (in other words the bolt is forward and down in the ready to fire position).

Also the safety on CZs can be tough. They require more pressue than you think.

Excuse me stating the obvious but i'm not sure if its [the rifle] new to you, or not.

The bolt cycles, albeit a bit rougher than it should as you think?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭cosieman

It is a new to me i have used the safety before normally before fine and the bolt cycling before normally their is a noticeable difference now.

As always it can be difficult to diagnose without seeing so bear with me and the questions.

If it was working before without any problems then something that was done has changed that. The first thing you do is check what you've done last to the rifle and work from there. So if you've played with the trigger, bolt, or any other part or installed a trigger kit, etc. then i'd look there first. I don't just mean upgrades, but you if you stripped something to clean or adjust then look to that first. Even something you might think is simple or not related, check it.

If you've done nothing then can i suggest a thorough strip down, deep clean, and reassembly. While a slim possibility some gunk, dirt or fouling could be in the works and causing friction or even a problem. Now when i say thorough strip i mean bolt out, mag out, barreled action out of stock, and if you have the ability, trigger out (but not vital as it can be cleaned "in situ"). Clean everything well with the appropriate tool, lightly oil certain spots, and then reassemble.

Same with the bolt. Strip it down, clean [again], lightly oil spots, and make sure everything is where it should be when reassembling. Make sure the bolt cocks and de-cocks in your hand.

When you have all this done insert the bolt into an empty rifle (no mag or rounds) and see if the bolt cycles at all and/or better. Close the bolt and then check the safety. As said above the safety, which you already know, is stiff and needs a bit of pressure (more than you think it would) so don't be shy trying to push it forward.

IF all this fails then we need to look at other possibilities.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

when i put the bolt in the rifle i can cycle it a few time normally and turn the safety on and off but after a few times cycling the bolt it suddenly gets rougher and the safety wont turn on i have to take the bolt out to reset it i did install a yodave trigger kit so i will mess around with the trigger later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

I'm too lazy to pull the gun from the safe to check the positioning of action screws, but if you have fitted a new trigger, which could be your dilemma, check you haven't over tightened the action screws when reassembling the rifle and they are proud of inner surfaces of the action which may cause the bolt to hang up as you operate it.
    Otherwise check the magazine housing that it is refitted correctly / not loose. Refitt the original trigger group and see what happens.

By the way, just as a precaution it was always recommended NOT to dry fire rimfires. Use snap caps, spent ammo or decock on closing the bolt on a empty chamber.

• Advertisement

I have the same trigger kit in my rifle and i've found depending on which combo i use (spring and shim) i can go from little improvement, to "slam fires".

When you cycle the bolt is the gun "slam firing"? IOW is the rifle firing when the bolt is closed? It may be such that it happens only every couple of cyclings of the bolt. It'd be odd, but one to look at as the sear is what holds the striker/pin back when you cycle the bolt until its released by pulling the trigger. The trigger kit may have adjusted this to the point it is too close to breaking point and every now and then it does so "on its own".

As Cookimonster said, and i thought i mentioned it in my post, check the action screws. Had a Savage rifle that i could not get the bolt into after i stripped it to clean it. Turns out i over torqued one of the action screws and when i took it out,and torqued it correctly the bolt worked/cycled perfectly.

Return the rifle to its original format. Reassemble and check. If it works the problem is your trigger kit. Don't worry though it could simply mean the combo you have with the shim and spring you used is too light. Simply change to a thinner shim, or stiffer spring. You are looking for a pull weight of at least 1.5lb or so to avoid slam fires while dropping the pull weight from CZs original, and crazy, weight of about 5.5lbs.

It doesnt slam fire when i operate the bolt just cannot turn safety on and the bolt is rougher to operate. I check the action screws later and check the trigger.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 314 ✭✭Walter Mittys Brother

Action screws ................................... long to rear, short to front IIRC

Advertisement