Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ads that tempt you to fuch the remote at the tv

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Plopsu

Trust me - the pretty wet knicker one and you'll be joining us on the bat crap crazy meds!

Yes, "if we just say the word pretty repeatedly, people will believe they're pretty". No, we won't. And if you say the word leprechaun repeatedly we won't believe she's wearing a leprechaun either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Plopsu wrote: »
    Yes, "if we just say the word pretty repeatedly, people will believe they're pretty". No, we won't. And if you say the word leprechaun repeatedly we won't believe she's wearing a leprechaun either.

Thank God am in the office alone, just snorted laughing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭The Bollocks

M&Ms ad where the husband walks in on the wife in bed with an M&M.
    "SCOOOOOOOOOOTS HOME EAAAAAAAAAAARLY!"

What a load of bollocks.

M&Ms ad where the husband walks in on the wife in bed with an M&M.
    "SCOOOOOOOOOOTS HOME EAAAAAAAAAAARLY!"

What a load of bollocks.

And the tragic part of that is the voice is J K Simmons - a bloody good actor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Already mentioned but the Eir ad

''Keep tidy now''

''We lost 3 weights''

Wtf does that even mean!!!!

''I Looooooove it'' **** off ya geebag!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

major bill wrote: »

''Keep tidy now''

''We lost 3 weights''

:D LMFAO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I like Cormac and Katja. They seem happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Actually - basically any female product. And I'm female - God knows what they are doing to you lads!

And I know I'm going to be highly unpopular but - Trivago. SORRY lads!!!!

Jaysus - period product adds are the absolute worst, cringey is not the word.

3 billion women on the planet and no two are alike - never heard of twins then? And although i'll admit that I haven't seen all 3 billion fannys (unfortunately:D) there is quite a lot of similarity in the ones I have seen. Plugging up a leaky hole with cotton wool is not rocket science!

And you leave trivago girl alone. 3 billion women on the planet and very few of them are that hot!

Actually - basically any female product. And I'm female - God knows what they are doing to you lads!

And I know I'm going to be highly unpopular but - Trivago. SORRY lads!!!!

Jaysus - period product adds are the absolute worst, cringey is not the word.

3 billion women on the planet and no two are alike - never heard of twins then? And although i'll admit that I haven't seen all 3 billion fannys (unfortunately:D) there is quite a lot of similarity in the ones I have seen. Plugging up a leaky hole with cotton wool is not rocket science!

And you leave trivago girl alone. 3 billion women on the planet and very few of them are that hot!

Not her per se but some of the ads !!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

major bill wrote: »

''Keep tidy now''

''We lost 3 weights''

?

we lost 3 wheels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Tegra75

Bigus wrote: »
    Yeah , I definitely wouldn't be buy that smug condescending pr ck of a father dinner
    There's something very sinister about the father on that Ulster Bank ad.
    harr wrote: »
    His mannerisms are definitely a bit off...comes across as a smug prick to be honest :D
    murraymar wrote: »
    The father is horrible!!!

The father reminds me of Jim Gavin, the Dublin football manager. Smug, condescending, smirking...

The funniest / sickest thong about that ad is the conversation flow.

Son : “da I’m just going to the toilet”

A few seconds pass where the son pays out of sight

Da: “what are you after doing”

I half expected him to say “a sh1te”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

sydthebeat wrote: »
    ?

we lost 3 wheels

Thanks, for ages I thought I was listening to lost 3 weights

Makes more sense but still an annoying ad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

the an post address pal ad with the little brat crying because he got a new xbox game in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Seen one this evening for Brady's Ham. All the patriotism and then he wraps the tricolour around himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Most ads are just shockingly drab and forgetful or painfully cringey and irritating
    Pretty much no inbetween
    Don't think a TV ad has ever made me want to buy something being advertised

• Registered Users Posts: 23,500 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

What's a "TV"?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

{{it's 11:30, Diet Coke break}}

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

The Damone ad with those weirdos making their babies "dance" to a disco song. I especially hate the woman in it with her weird smug expression.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 480 ✭✭ewc78

I'm sure it's been mentioned before but the advert where the couple are trying to find a space for their manky sofa,and end up putting it in a chairty shop window.
    Yer wan looks like a right pain in the nuts cnut.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

ewc78 wrote: »
    I'm sure it's been mentioned before but the advert where the couple are trying to find a space for their manky sofa,and end up putting it in a chairty shop window.
    Yer wan looks like a right pain in the nuts cnut.

Jaysus lad, that's far from the worst advert out there.

That ad where the kid is screeching 'oh Yeah, oh Yeah, oh Yeah as he is ripping open a present............cnut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

Anyone catch that Lloyds Pharmacy ad? Seriously, it's like they met people on the street and gave them 20 euro each to 'act 'in their cheap ass advertisement. Awful effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,467 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

sicknotexi wrote: »
    Anyone catch that Lloyds Pharmacy ad? Seriously, it's like they met people on the street and gave them 20 euro each to 'act 'in their cheap ass advertisement. Awful effort.

And nothing to do the strike or anything....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

That ad for "it'sforwomen.ie"....where it starts out seeming like an advert for a dating app.

But no, it's so they can get cheaper insurance just because they are women.

I thought a few years ago there was all this commotion about equality and women not wanting special treatment and this apparently covers things up to and including car insurance quotes?

Then this ad appears, that one woman that looks at the camera smugly and says "Someone that understands women..."

Makes me want to demolish the tv! Equality my hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lonewolf1961

We pay enough taxes we should,nt have to have a tv in our homes ... want do they want us all to be ????? MONKS

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭topnotch

The new lotto ad :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

+1 Ulster bank father son ad, who create this ****?
    +1 eir ad, the 3 word sentences are annoying too.

eir again,where you can enjoy all the sporting action with a million sports channels included.
    What if i dont like sport?

+1 any bank ad. They could just lower/scrap debit/credit card fees to get us to spend more, stop with the emotional propaganda. I've learned that if i buy my wife a new car, my children a tree house, let my son buy me dinner the world will be a happier place?Get fuc*ed...
    Also the young couple always buying a house together with inspiring background music. Some ****e about "were there for you when it matters" while charging about double the continental morgage rate. Oh yeah and no warnings about a property bubble.

Tldr: I hate bank ads :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,467 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Are there any other RTE radio listeners out there who will join me in fuching the radio out the window every time a certain puppet appears?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Iodine1

Are there any other RTE radio listeners out there who will join me in fuching the radio out the window every time a certain puppet appears?

Definately Agree +1!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Any Christmas ad, they're doing nothing but selling the idea that Christmas is a magical time of year where everyone has loads of money and food and is happy as Larry. As soon as the first one comes on my screen I tape all programmes or watch on delay so I don't have to stick through these sickly sweet ads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The Diet Coke ad set on a plane

Advertisement