Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ads that tempt you to fuch the remote at the tv

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

Ads where they throw in mixed race couples because they want to catch two demographics in the one ad.

Those legal loan shark ads for the likes of QuickQuid etc... when they barely flash up their interest rates as 1299% APR.

The ads guilting pensioners into paying for their funeral expenses in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dbas

Axa red line ad.

Dzopes......

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

Bigus wrote: »
    Yeah , I definitely wouldn't be buy that smug condescending pr ck of a father dinner
    There's something very sinister about the father on that Ulster Bank ad.
    harr wrote: »
    His mannerisms are definitely a bit off...comes across as a smug prick to be honest :D
    murraymar wrote: »
    The father is horrible!!!

The father reminds me of Jim Gavin, the Dublin football manager. Smug, condescending, smirking...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

That ad with the parents making their babies dance to the tune of "Everybody dance. Clap your hands, clap your hands". It just wrecks my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Toyota Hybrid adverts, the smugness of the two eejits in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Toothpaste ads where the people have perfect white teeth and talk with a lisp (even the dubbed ones haves lisps)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Found it!! It’s for Eir.

That which I feared most hath come upon me.

YT will serve you up similarly annoying sh1te now.

Keep her between the ditches Jacksie!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

bazz26 wrote:
    The Toyota Hybrid adverts, the smugness of the two eejits in it.

Pure gob****es. Saving the planet by driving her kids to school

• Registered Users Posts: 28,464 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

The bank one with the irritating D4 couple showing their kid the "new corr".

D4 people don't borrow from banks for their corrs. The oul fella is a much better option, as you don't have to pay him back.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,264 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I don't love the new Aldi ad where the dad is eating the cake when he's meant to be feeding the parrot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Edgware wrote: »
    Or the house insurance ads where the criminal always has a Dublin accent

are you sure thats not a reality TV program you were watching? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭Inviere

That ad with the parents making their babies dance to the tune of "Everybody dance. Clap your hands, clap your hands". It just wrecks my head.

Instamute. The 3rd/last bloke that arrives on the screen boils my piss. He just looks like a complete wanker, with his arsehole facial expressions. The middle one just stares at the camera in a kind of "am I doing this right??" stare.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

There are so many:

Toothpaste ads that make you want to shove their perfect teeth down their throats!;
    Ever hearing the words "period poverty" (2 packs for a quid in the Eurosaver - f**k off);
    "I've finally found bladder leak underwear that's pretty" - yeah but when the hand is dropped, you've still wet yourself.
    Actually - basically any female product. And I'm female - God knows what they are doing to you lads!

Any advert badly dubbed into our accent (they're all ****e but special mention to the Panadol one)
    Special K feminism one - kill me now.

AZA red line with the knob with the beard. Is that couple made for each other or what ??

And I know I'm going to be highly unpopular but - Trivago. SORRY lads!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

The Ulster Bank one with the father and son paying for dinner.

I was going to say this also
    Such poor acting and the soppy way the Father says "Thank you" at the end
    UGH!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

The Ulster Bank one with the father and son paying for dinner.

The father is one smug prick.

Steve F wrote: »
    I was going to say this also
    Such poor acting and the soppy way the Father says "Thank you" at the end
    UGH!!

My boss hates that and his comment was "my sister in law gave her dad a kidney and he never said thank you that much!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

The bank one with the irritating D4 couple showing their kid the "new corr".

Note how many times they say "new car" in 30 seconds?
    it's all subliminal I tell ye Lads

Is there a side of a bus advert for some spoilt brat where his dad has gone into debt for kid kid to go to an away match ???

Jesus my first away game I was 10 and my dad's mate drove us to Elland Road for the FA Cup semi replay!

Next one wasn't for 4 years!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭amacca

Were backing brave!

Were hoping that as many of you as possible become debt slaves with our bank so the level of work you have to do to service that debt becomes commonplace and sucks as many other victims in as possible in order that the board and shareholders are satisfied with our efforts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭highdef

I'm mature enough not to risk throwing the remote at the TV, very likely causing many many hundreds of euro of damage.

I'm also mature enough that I don't get annoyed to such an extent over something so minor.

:P

• Advertisement

highdef wrote: »
    I'm mature enough not to risk throwing the remote at the TV, very likely causing many many hundreds of euro of damage.

I'm also mature enough that I don't get annoyed to such an extent over something so minor.

:P

Trust me - the pretty wet knicker one and you'll be joining us on the bat crap crazy meds!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

WE ARE CENTRA!

especially the last segment with the staff, 100% cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Found it!! It’s for Eir.
    https://youtu.be/Eum4CmDQoEM

That Cormac lad is punching above his weight in that ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

The Heineken, "No thanks I'm still driving " ads,Orchard Thieves ad on a rooftop in New York.
    Pretty much every Vodafone ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

The one promoting Fleadh ceoil with the couple talking.
    I say talking but whenever they open their mouths we hear diddly-eye bodhrán music.
    It's like she's having a conversation with the ****ing "Kilmeaden you could call it the fillet of cheddar" ad music.
    Ridiculous carry on.

Ads are so bad nowadays they make Shake and Vac lady look like King Lear.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,069 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

BattleCorp wrote: »
    That Cormac lad is punching above his weight in that ad.

they are real people :)

sydthebeat wrote: »
    they are real people :)

Then either his da is loaded or she has issues!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,575 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Go Compare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

I don't love the new Aldi ad where the dad is eating the cake when he's meant to be feeding the parrot.

Exactly my point from an earlier post. Make the guy out to be a fcuking gobsh*te. :mad:

Advertisement