Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

William hill St Ledger 2018

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭votecounts

Kew Gardens

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I would love to see Ryan getting a bit excited and have a little smile☺ and i backed him (apologies for aftertiming!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Terrible ride from Dettori there. He was so far out of his ground .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

UrbanFret wrote: »

He was a bit far back but it's the horses inexperience that cost her if anything

He was a bit far back but it's the horses inexperience that cost her if anything

All the more reason to have her handy. She eas still rolling at the finish, plenty left Id say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Best horse won, I thought Kew Gardens did it nicely. I wouldn't be backing the filly to reverse form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

The ITV crew are ridiculous in their fawning over Lah Ti Dar, she lost to a decent stayer. There weren't two exceptional horses fighting out the finish and you can be damn sure that if Kew Gardens had finished as far back in 2nd as LTD did there'd have been no talk about two exceptional horses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

The best horse won and I was a critic of Kew gardens prior to the race.
    The trip was the undoing of Lah Ti Dar. Thought it was an average enough race tbh.

Watched that race again. Not sure how anyone can think the filly should have won.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

kiers47 wrote: »
    The best horse won and I was a critic of Kew gardens prior to the race.
    The trip was the undoing of Lah Ti Dar. Thought it was an average enough race tbh.

Watched that race again. Not sure how anyone can think the filly should have won.
    I don't think it was, she was staying on well in 2nd and pulling away from a pack of solid stayers at the line.

My take on her would be that York racecourse produces big margin wins in pattern middle-distance races there that don't translate into equally impressive form when the wide margin winners step up into the really big races elsewhere. She won a listed race there and the hype machine went into overdrive because of her breeding and stable connections. She had been elevated to Arc winner in waiting despite having never contested a Gp1 race in her life.

As far I read the race today she was going best in the last two furlongs but she met a better horse than herself. Take Kew Gardens out and people would have been raving about how easily she won the race. I think she's more of a solid Coronet type rather the Enable type she was hyped as.

It was one of the better Legers of recent times, the time was fast and the field was packed with plenty of OR 110-117 type horses who were well beaten by the winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

Absolute crap,2.4f out have at look at the filly never made any progress against the winner.She passed 3m chasers but the third horse is of very very serious interest going forward.Based on breeding HOW could the filly stay, explain.

• Advertisement

antietam wrote: »
    Absolute crap,2.4f out have at look at the filly never made any progress against the winner.She passed 3m chasers but the third horse is of very very serious interest going forward.Based on breeding HOW could the filly stay, explain.

Breedings not an exact science though is it? She stays all right and if,and I doubt they ever will, meet again she'll reverse the form no doubt about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Breedings not an exact science though is it? She stays all right and if,and I doubt they ever will, meet again she'll reverse the form no doubt about it.

To say no doUbt about it is a bit ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Inion An Ri

The runner-up had her ground to suit, the winner didn't. Kew Gardens is a much better horse on fast ground, the faster the better for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

I though the winner was very impressive. Hands and heels all the way, beat a very good horse. Wouldn't mind seeing him in the Arc.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Thought la ti dar just couldn't go as quick as the winner during the race, she was doing her best work at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

diomed wrote: »
    Kew Gardens 86.70 €157.43 €13,491.67
    I knew I backed Kew Gardens in the Derby. I just can't believe the price (85/1).

Advertisement