Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reinstalling rear iron sights on a cz452?

Options
  • 06-08-2018 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

My cz452 did not come with a rear iron sight but i bought a iron sight to do some target shooting with but i cannot for the life of me install the rear sight. Does anybody know how i am supposed to do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

cosieman wrote: »
    My cz452 did not come with a rear iron sight but i bought a iron sight to do some target shooting with but i cannot for the life of me install the rear sight. Does anybody know how i am supposed to do this?

Which model of the 452 do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭cosieman

Cz452 Lux

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

It's been a while so bear with me.

Place the rifle's forestock in the fingers of one hand, and put the thumb of that hand over the 175/200 meter mark. Push down firmly while at the same time using the other hand to pull straight back on the sight towards the bolt to release the sights.

Pushing down with your thumb compresses a leaf spring under the sight, allowing two bits on the side of the sight to slide down and out into a slot. As you pull back on the leaf, the bits slide along that slot until they are free of the mounting bracket.

Now if its model with the action screw underneath and you want to remove it all then you have two problems. You need to knock out a retaining pin, and hit the sight base with a hammer to break the seal. The problems you face as damaging the rifle/barrel and of course now you have no second action screw mount.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

20180806_213339.jpg so knock out this bottom pin seems a bit werid to have to do it to be able to install a iron sight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 314 ✭✭Walter Mittys Brother

Seems Cass didn't read your post right :p

He described taking it off :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

BALLS.

I didn't either. I read it as taking it off, sorry. Been a hectic day and my mate arrived after crashing his Father in Laws car so just in from the garage.

Ignore the bit about the pin (thats for removing the block) and do this bit except in reverse.
    Place the rifle's forestock in the fingers of one hand, and put the thumb of that hand over the 175/200 meter mark. Push down firmly while at the same time using the other hand to pull straight back on the sight towards the bolt to release the sights.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 314 ✭✭Walter Mittys Brother

A small G-Clamp and an extra pair of hands helps compress blade until you're ready to push it into place ;)

Got the sights on just had to hammer it in with a rubber mallet gently.

Advertisement