Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Ireland hurling final tickets

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Clare in Exile

For the hurling final any time I've gone in on the day looking for a ticket I've always picked one up around Gills. However, most of those finals involved Kilkenny. The final this year seems to have the highest demand in years - what do you reckon, should I still head in tomorrow and have a look around? It's the first year where I think demand for hurling final tickets will be higher than for the football final...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

For the hurling final any time I've gone in on the day looking for a ticket I've always picked one up around Gills. However, most of those finals involved Kilkenny. The final this year seems to have the highest demand in years - what do you reckon, should I still head in tomorrow and have a look around? It's the first year where I think demand for hurling final tickets will be higher than for the football final...

Last year we walked up along passed the Big Tree, Quinns and even went down as far as Fagan’s just to see what crowd was like around the place and people with “Tickets Wanted” signs were literally falling over each other. I had never seen it before. This year tickets are the same if not in even more demand. Pubs on the day are sketchy enough, if you’re prepared to go early I’d try somewhere closer to town early in the morning. Often people with spare tickets may have breakfast in town and wait until they get close to Croke Park to get rid of the ticket. It’s worth a try that way because I just can’t see everyone getting lucky around the pubs in Drumcondra on the day. That may have been the case with Kilkenny matches when they were a thousand or two short of capacity every year but last year and this year I think you could could spare seats in the stadium on your hands. Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Every year seems to be the highest demand in years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

liam7831 wrote: »
    Every year seems to be the highest demand in years

No it doesn't.

Last two finals involve teams that haven't won in a few decades. Galways first win in 29, Limerick looking to end a 45 year drought. Special days for supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭paddyirish23

If anyone hears or had a spare ticket ill be up in Dublin tomorrow morning will pay face value or willing to travel to pick up today, getting desperate at this stage now!!
    Hopefully some start showing up today!
    If all comes to it ill be watching from the big tree, Luimneach Abu!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Presidentmr

DESPERATELY LOOKING FOR TICKETS ðŸ™ðŸ™

Son and I mad hurling supporters and desperate to go but no hope of tickets.

Can collect today or tomorrow. Would really appreciate it if anyone can help out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

If anyone hears or had a spare ticket ill be up in Dublin tomorrow morning will pay face value or willing to travel to pick up today, getting desperate at this stage now!!
    Hopefully some start showing up today!
    If all comes to it ill be watching from the big tree, Luimneach Abu!!

On the Mayo thread they're saying the Big Tree has been sold. Not going too well for ye so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭paddyirish23

Fann Linn wrote: »
    On the Mayo thread they're saying the Big Tree has been sold. Not going too well for ye so far!

Ah ****e:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭DaveR1

Is hill 16 split into 2 sections? Have 2 tickets one for section A the other for section B... Are the sections enforced for all ireland? Didn't take notice for semi final!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,966 ✭✭✭billyhead

DaveR1 wrote: »
    Is hill 16 split into 2 sections? Have 2 tickets one for section A the other for section B... Are the sections enforced for all ireland? Didn't take notice for semi final!

yes. Its split into A, B & C. A is over at the cusack side and B behind the goals. The stewards are strict on letting people move between the sections.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Clare in Exile

Might head in tomorrow so and see if I can source a ticket, will probably try around Gills/Dorset Street area (and Gresham on the way down). Hopefully will pick something up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

I might have to wax the ass and put on my red panties at this stage to get a ticket for the auld lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

DaveR1 wrote: »

Get there early enough & you can go to whatever section you want. Once on the Hill, there is no barrier stopping you from moving about & you can move freely between the sections. No one will make you go to whatever section it says on your ticket.

However, once it gets about half full (the central section behind the goal fills up first) the Guards & stewards will lock the gates under the terrace that lead to the entry steps up to the Hill. This is to stop people going up to the sections that are already full. When that happens, you have no option but to enter the Hill via whatever entry way is still open. The later you arrive, the more chance there is of you being directed towards the side section towards the Cusack. Get there early & you can stand wherever you want, regardless what section is printed on your ticket. The sections aren't enforced.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Get there early enough & you can go to whatever section you want. Once on the Hill, there is no barrier stopping you from moving about & you can move freely between the sections. No one will make you go to whatever section it says on your ticket.

However, once it gets about half full (the central section behind the goal fills up first) the Guards & stewards will lock the gates under the terrace that lead to the entry steps up to the Hill. This is to stop people going up to the sections that are already full. When that happens, you have no option but to enter the Hill via whatever entry way is still open. The later you arrive, the more chance there is of you being directed towards the side section towards the Cusack. Get there early & you can stand wherever you want, regardless what section is printed on your ticket. The sections aren't enforced.

what would a Dub know about Hill 16?

:P

Cracking post, will help a lot of people & ease the anxieties of those thinking they might end up getting separated from their families/friends.

Fair play!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭rubbledoubledo

Great Post.
    Clears up everything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

As PD said, depends on what time you get in. If you come late you will most likely be up high at Cusack end. Which is not bad spot as it happens.

Worst place I was at last Tipp Cats final and ended up behind the goal and the Perspex and the sun. We did get good view of Tommy almost decapitating Galvin (?)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Bonniedog wrote: »
    As PD said, depends on what time you get in. If you come late you will most likely be up high at Cusack end. Which is not bad spot as it happens.

Worst place I was at last Tipp Cats final and ended up behind the goal and the Perspex and the sun. We did get good view of Tommy almost decapitating Galvin (?)

I was about half way up the Cusack side along more so the side for the Galway Tipp semi last year, it was perfect.

I find if you're behind the goal the net can be a bit distracting tbh.

Any suggestions for the Nally Terrace with a 12 year old?

About half way up. Either directly in front of, or directly behind a barrier. End of a row, beside the steps to the tunnel is a good shout. The steps have to be kept clear. Spectators aren't allowed stand on them (health & safety) in theory, but the stewards are usually okish with kids using them to get a better view.

The sections and rows and seat numbers on the Hill & Nally tickets are purely for the sale and printing of tickets. So if someone in the ticket office wants to sell and print off 10 Hill tickets, you enter into your 'puter Section B, row J, seats 1-10. It's so they can keep count of each individual ticket sold. The individual section/row/seat assignment is never adhered to. Clear as mud, right? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

Motivator wrote: »
    Last year we walked up along passed the Big Tree, Quinns and even went down as far as Fagan’s just to see what crowd was like around the place and people with “Tickets Wanted” signs were literally falling over each other. I had never seen it before. This year tickets are the same if not in even more demand. Pubs on the day are sketchy enough, if you’re prepared to go early I’d try somewhere closer to town early in the morning. Often people with spare tickets may have breakfast in town and wait until they get close to Croke Park to get rid of the ticket. It’s worth a try that way because I just can’t see everyone getting lucky around the pubs in Drumcondra on the day. That may have been the case with Kilkenny matches when they were a thousand or two short of capacity every year but last year and this year I think you could could spare seats in the stadium on your hands. Best of luck.
    Last year was the worst for people looking for tickets and for people with signs and a lack of tickets being available.

The hardest finals to get tickets were 2005 Cork vs galway, 2013 clare vs Cork, 2017 and this year.

With kilkenny involved in the last few years, demand decreased a bit and you could get one around Croke Park.

Sure it was only two years ago in 2016 where tickets went on sale on ticket master for the all Ireland.

About half way up. Either directly in front of, or directly behind a barrier. End of a row, beside the steps to the tunnel is a good shout. The steps have to be kept clear. Spectators aren't allowed stand on them (health & safety) in theory, but the stewards usually okish with kids using them to get a better view.

The sections and rows and seat numbers on the Hill & Nally tickets are purely for the sale and printing of tickets. So if someone in the ticket office wants to sell and print off 10 Hill tickets, you enter into your 'puter Section B, row J, seats 1-10. It's so they can keep count of each individual ticket sold. The individual section/row/seat assignment is never adhered to. Clear as mud, right? :D

Thanks very much ProudDub!

About half way up. Either directly in front of, or directly behind a barrier. End of a row, beside the steps to the tunnel is a good shout. The steps have to be kept clear. Spectators aren't allowed stand on them (health & safety) in theory, but the stewards usually okish with kids using them to get a better view.

Thanks very much ProudDub!

Nae bother. Btw, my definition of "early" would be around half time of the minor match. That's when I usually try to get there for Dubs finals. The seriously choice spots in front of the barriers are usually gone by then, but I never have any issues finding a pure daycint spot to set up camp. It is possible it may fill up earlier tomorrow, given you'll have people coming up on early trains & whatnot, at a time of day that no self respecting Dub would ever be up at of a Sunday morning. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

In Dublin all day and no sign of tickets around or from sources back home. Getting desperate now.

If anyone has one spare give me a shout over PM. Anywhere in the grounds will do.

Will be getting a season ticket next year, this is too stressful :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

In Dublin all day and no sign of tickets around or from sources back home. Getting desperate now.

If anyone has one spare give me a shout over PM. Anywhere in the grounds will do.

Its the bandwagon effect

• Advertisement

Where did you look in Dublin?

Season's on Baggot St might be a good spot for Limerick folk to scrounge for a ticket.

Take a look at Club Limerick Dublin (@ClubLmkDub): https://twitter.com/ClubLmkDub?s=09

Flannery's on Camden St are also having an Up For The Match thingy too, but it's not Limerick centric.

https://twitter.com/DuignanMichael/status/1030709055843651584?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Galway fundraiser on in D2s right about now, anyone up in Dub not sorted should be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

DVDM93 wrote: »
    I was about half way up the Cusack side along more so the side for the Galway Tipp semi last year, it was perfect.

I find if you're behind the goal the net can be a bit distracting tbh.

Behind the goal is worst place. Often wonder why some Dubs regulars make it their spot. Anywhere above the fence on Cusack side is perfect. Enjoy,

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭westcork67

kala85 wrote: »
    Last year was the worst for people looking for tickets and for people with signs and a lack of tickets being available.

The hardest finals to get tickets were 2005 Cork vs galway, 2013 clare vs Cork, 2017 and this year.

With kilkenny involved in the last few years, demand decreased a bit and you could get one around Croke Park.

Sure it was only two years ago in 2016 where tickets went on sale on ticket master for the all Ireland.

I'm a bit older than ya! Hardest I ever remember was the 1984 Centenary Final in Thurles against Offaly - Cork had lost the previous two finals and there wasn't one to be had anywhere

• Advertisement

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Behind the goal is worst place. Often wonder why some Dubs regulars make it their spot. Anywhere above the fence on Cusack side is perfect. Enjoy,

Best seat in the house for a Kerry Killer special.

(Do you want to explain do these good hurling folk who Kev Mc is, or will I?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,976 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Be very careful buying any ticket after gates are open. Some cute boys line up and after the tickets are scanned pass them back and lad at the rear goes and sell the tickets. When you arrive with your ticket it scan's as already used for entry.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭MattressRick

Be very careful buying any ticket after gates are open. Some cute boys line up and after the tickets are scanned pass them back and lad at the rear goes and sell the tickets. When you arrive with your ticket it scan's as already used for entry.

Heard of that but probably only works for hill tickets where the scummer gone in can't be traced?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,976 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Heard of that but probably only works for hill tickets where the scummer gone in can't be traced?

Happened to a friend of mine two years ago no come back. Not sure if they follow up now but did not two years ago.

Slava Ukrainii

Happened to a friend of mine two years ago no come back. Not sure if they follow up now but did not two years ago.

They should really tear the tickets like in the old days..

Its not really good enough that a scam like that can happen in today's world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

I have 3 tickets...2 lower Davin (not together) and one hill.... If anyone is interested in a swap for 2 seats beside each other please let me know as I would prefer for my kid to be with me. Thanks and best of luck to all who are still searching

Cannot wait for this match today.

I hope it will be a classic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Anyone want to swap a Davin for 2 nally tickets. Long shot but if you don’t ask....

EDIT. I have one davin looking for 2 nally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭DaveR1

ahayes84 wrote: »
    Anyone want to swap a Davin for 2 nally tickets. Long shot but if you don’t ask....

Pm sent

EDIT: Sorry read that the other way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Season's on Baggot St might be a good spot for Limerick folk to scrounge for a ticket.

Take a look at Club Limerick Dublin (@ClubLmkDub): https://twitter.com/ClubLmkDub?s=09

Flannery's on Camden St are also having an Up For The Match thingy too, but it's not Limerick centric.

https://twitter.com/DuignanMichael/status/1030709055843651584?s=19

I was in a gig I had booked long before Limerick got to the All Ireland getting depressed cause I was missing the Season's up for the match event and it would be a good shout for tickets.

Then I saw this post about Flannery's, I wandered down and the event was long over, only saw one Galway Jersey at the front. Said I'd go all the way into the back and found the only two lads in Limerick jerseys.

They were pissed with each other cause one of their "dedicated fan" friends and got sorted for tickets elsewhere and wouldn't collect tickets they were begging for.

They had a text drafted to turn down the tickets and burn their best source forever (a GAA football star who was getting hassled by a celebrity for tickets but kept them for these lads). Then I strolled in and struck up a chat with them!

I stayed for one pint but got into me leaba early, got up at 6:30 and drove to Armagh to meet a lad with tickets.

Thank you Boards and those lads in Flannery's are an absolute credit to Limerick. Hon Limerick :)

• Advertisement

I was in a gig I had booked long before Limerick got to the All Ireland getting depressed cause I was missing the Season's up for the match event and it would be a good shout for tickets.

Then I saw this post about Flannery's, I wandered down and the event was long over, only saw one Galway Jersey at the front. Said I'd go all the way into the back and found the only two lads in Limerick jerseys.

They were pissed with each other cause one of their "dedicated fan" friends and got sorted for tickets elsewhere and wouldn't collect tickets they were begging for.

They had a text drafted to turn down the tickets and burn their best source forever (a GAA football star who was getting hassled by a celebrity for tickets but kept them for these lads). Then I strolled in and struck up a chat with them!

I stayed for one pint but got into me leaba early, got up at 6:30 and drove to Armagh to meet a lad with tickets.

Thank you Boards and those lads in Flannery's are an
    absolute credit to Limerick. Hon Limerick :)

Wait a minute. You got sorted by the 2 lads in Flannerys, but you had to drive to Armagh to pick them up, from an Armagh footballer? :eek:

Wasn't possible to transfer sections in the Hill at any point today.

Stewards were there before minor game.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭MattressRick

Any update on how ticket sourcing went at the kilmacud 7s, pubs last night, up for the match events in flannerys and d2?
    Be interested to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,921 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Even Buff Egan could not even get a ticket today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

There were plenty of tickets going at the Belvedere at 12ish yesterday.

Didn't hear of many not getting a ticket tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

There was a lot of desperate souls with signs outside the Gresham. And all the walk up to croker. I know a good few who didn't get sorted. This ****e talk of turning up to dublin and you'll get one is bollox. You'll only get one if you know someone who can get you one. Randomer won't sell to you. There was two empty seats near me in the Cusack.

There was a lot of desperate souls with signs outside the Gresham. And all the walk up to croker. I know a good few who didn't get sorted. This ****e talk of turning up to dublin and you'll get one is bollox. You'll only get one if you know someone who can get you one. Randomer won't sell to you. There was two empty seats near me in the Cusack.

People need to stop going to the Gresham for starters. Just because the Kerry team stayed there 30 years ago and it was a good spot to pick up spare tickets then, doesn't mean it's the best spot now. The Croke Park Hotel would be a much better bet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

where or how did you get sorted yourself after all?

• Advertisement

There were people from both counties behind me in the Hill who did not know anything about any of the players from their counties. One man from Galway asked me were the Mannion lads brothers.

Don't think you have much of a chance of getting tickets from a stranger on the day in Dublin. If someone has a spare, they will have a list of people they know looking for it. All about contacts.

Great atmosphere there yesterday.

Advertisement