Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Ireland hurling final tickets

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

Galway will never go back to the City West again I'd imagine. Was disaster last year and the players hated it. Was effort by the Tribesmen supporters club to get them to commit to one this year.

CityWest is a disaster of a venue. It’s far too big, it’s like a cattle mart. Although maybe I just thought it was looking at some of the Kilkenny women in there a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

You have given yourself away that must have been the night the rooms upstairs were robbed why would a bla be at a kilkenny receiption.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

My heart genuinely does break for the genuine fan who won't be able to get a ticket for Sunday.

I know of someone who was handed 3 tickets last night and hasn't been to a game all year, in either codes (Galway 'supporter')

It is a little sickening tbh & I don't agree with it at all.

That person is a good friend of mine my the way, feelings are still the same mind.

It's the only thing I don't like about the fantastic build up to this weekend.

Best of luck to every genuine supporter both Galway & Limerick over the next few days, I hope it comes good for ye!

Gaillimh Abú!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

DVDM93 wrote: »
    My heart genuinely does break for the genuine fan who won't be able to get tickets for Sunday.

I know of someone who was handed 3 tickets last night and hasn't been to a game all year, in either codes (Galway 'supporter')

I find it hard to stomach tbh.

Best of luck to every genuine supporter both Galway & Limerick over the next few days, I hope it comes good for ye!

Gaillimh Abú!

Find it hard to see how a person who didn't go to a game all year could actually take a ticket and go to the game. Very wrong.

djPSB wrote: »
    Find it hard to see how a person who didn't go to a game all year could actually take a ticket and go to the game. Very wrong.

what makes it worse is that said person is bringing 2 others who also haven't been to a game all year.

I myself have been to all the hurling games, not as much as the football but more games than less, and even at that, something would still play in the back of my mind if Galway had made the football final and I took a ticket over a football supporter who's been to EVERY SINGLE GAME.

& that's coming from someone who has been to all of the hurling games & most of the football.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 timzil

I have 2 Cusack Stand tickets for the Football and would like to swap for the hurling. Anyone interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭MattressRick

timzil wrote: »
    I have 2 Cusack Stand tickets for the Football and would like to swap for the hurling. Anyone interested?

You'll do well to manage it this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

Always supposed that people that can show proof of purchase for games during the year don't have access to tickets for the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭I says

My heart genuinely does break for the genuine fan who won't be able to get a ticket for Sunday.

It is a little sickening tbh & I don't agree with it at all.

That person is a good friend of mine my the way, feelings are still the same mind.

Gaillimh Abú!

That’s always the way it’s every year for tickets,at the 12 final I got two savage tickets on the halfway line Cusack stand I might as well have been in Timbuktu watching the game surrounded by people who hadn’t a effing clue just so they could be at it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

This thread is just about ticket swaps, no chat or comments

I says wrote: »
    That’s always the way it’s every year for tickets,at the 12 final I got two savage tickets on the halfway line Cusack stand I might as well have been in Timbuktu watching the game surrounded by people who hadn’t a effing clue just so they could be at it.

That was different with Kilkenny playing. Having won so much, their level of support had diminished. Tickets were easy got.

This year is different with Galway having won their first title in 29 years and Limerick looking to win their first for 45 years. A win on Sunday is a massive piece of history for either County. Tickets are scarce.

Mod post noted above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

A good omen for Limerick.

Liam Mccarthy usually ends up in the City West.

Kilkenny always stayed there too.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the team hotel will have absolutely nothing to do with the out come of the game on Sunday. It’s amazing how superstitious folk are about this sort of thing

Road-Hog wrote: »
    Sorry to burst your bubble but the team hotel will have absolutely nothing to do with the out come of the game on Sunday. It’s amazing how superstitious folk are about this sort of thing

The Gibson hotel where they film first dates would be a good spot to source a ticket Saturday night maybe....?

andrew1977 wrote: »
    I agree with you , last year was the hardest year to try get a ticket as a neutral fan.
    Not a sniff of a ticket could I get anywhere, I am expecting the same this year with Limerick hoping to capture Liam.

Why do you think you deserve a ticket.....if I had a spare one on a final day there isn’t a chance in hell I’d off load it yo a neutral.....I’d do anything I could to suss out any prospective buyer to try and ensure they were not hoodwinking me into thinking they were for one side or the other....there is too much temptation for neutrals to ‘tout’ a spare ticket that they might come across...!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

In the all new inclusive spirit, I have 2 FAI cup finals tickets that I’m willing to swap for 2 hurling tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Road-Hog wrote: »
    Why do you think you deserve a ticket.....if I had a spare one on a final day there isn’t a chance in hell I’d off load it yo a neutral.....I’d do anything I could to suss out any prospective buyer to try and ensure they were not hoodwinking me into thinking they were for one side or the other....there is too much temptation for neutrals to ‘tout’ a spare ticket that they might come across...!

Relax will ya, I never said I deserved a ticket, if I come across one for myself, great, I will go and enjoy the game , if not I stay at home with my feet up and watch it on the telly.
    Too much temptation for neutrals to tout a ticket, any GAA person worth their salt knows what all Ireland final tickets are about and wouldn't dream of touting one, well me anyway.

Enjoy the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

mjp wrote: »
    Likewise looking everywhere for a ticket and would bite anyone's hand off for one.Managed pick one up for last year's final off a mate of the brothers in McGraths bout half 2 but place was full of people with signs looking for ones. Don't think as many will travel up from Galway this year as people were desperate to be there to see them break the hoodoo last year.
    What hoodoo? They just lost out to stronger teams although they should have taken Kilkenny.
    Hoodoo talk is for the Biddy Earley crowd and
    Mayo

I am Dublin based and when our county is involved I could get a ticket from my childhood club
    I pay the yearly lotto, go to matches there etc but just wouldn't take it from the lads that do the work all the year. If I pick one up in Dublin well and good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Limerick man based in Dublin, looking for any where in the ground if people hear of anything..

Thanks guys!

anyone who has a ticket for The Hill & is looking to swap it for a Stand ticket just let me know :) Upper Cusack to be precise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭893bet

anyone who has a ticket for The Hill & is looking to swap it for a Stand ticket just let me know :) Upper Cusack to be precise.
    I will swap

Edit you are in Galway based on your profile so you prob find some one closer. Will be in Athlone tomorrow and limerick Saturday if either suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 john15

Second dibs on that if the above pulls out, I will pay the balance. Are you galway based?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭893bet

john15 wrote: »
    Second dibs on that if the above pulls out, I will pay the balance. Are you galway based?

Work away. Suspect they have 5 or 6 PMs already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Have one hill, looking for 2 together anywhere.... Hope to have child with me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Stichy

Hi guys,

I know this is a long shot and the chances are very slim but if anyone happens to have a spare ticket going I am desperately looking. I got one last year no bother but not a thing this year. I'm from Galway and have been to the majority of games, exploring every avenue at this stage. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

first year in ages i cant get tickets to this
    gutted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Tickets are impossible this year,
    even in Dublin(here they're usually easy enough to come by in work) it's gold dust..
    Ran out of avenues at home(limerick) ran out up here, done deal is a mess this year

Might chance pubs tomorrow night.. it's mental..

This time yesterday I had no ticket and was close to giving up tbh.

I stuck with it & now have 1 Cusack & 3 Hill tickets.

Keep the faith, I hope ye all get sorted!

By the way, that Stand for Hill swap has become available again, I'll know 100% later today if I can go ahead with it.

I believe john15 is first in line!?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

CAN I HAVE A HILL TICKET PLEASE:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Still looking if anyone can help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

I have a Hill 16 ticket and am looking to do a swap for a stand ticket and I will pay the difference if anyone is interested or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭WanderlustIre

Lads 10ish tomorrow 7s are starting. You will pull tickets there for sure. Olaf’s, silverpark and Glenalbyn.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Lads 10ish tomorrow 7s are starting. You will pull tickets there for sure. Olaf’s, silverpark and Glenalbyn.

Dont think so to be honest

catrat12 wrote: »
    Dont think so to be honest

Ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Any spares for an old man from limerick ?
    Given up hope for myself now but would just like the father to get one.

That line is well played out every year. Very unlikely. It will be the last minute Sunday hunt. Some fellow wont turn up at Gills to collect a ticket and the lads will get fed up waiting and sell it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭TL17

Have 1 ticket in upper cusack. Son in upper Davin. Is it possible to move from one to other at end of game. Hopefully to celebrate together

Edgware wrote: »
    That line is well played out every year. Very unlikely. It will be the last minute Sunday hunt. Some fellow wont turn up at Gills to collect a ticket and the lads will get fed up waiting and sell it on.

Why would someone give a ticket so scarce to some randomer at the 7s in Kilmacud.

Surely if someone does end up with a spare, they will give it someone they know rather than some random person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,902 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

TL17 wrote: »
    Have 1 ticket in upper cusack. Son in upper Davin. Is it possible to move from one to other at end of game. Hopefully to celebrate together

Yeah it's quite simple just go out (well if he win skip out) of the section and go out to the other. You will prob see a lot of the losing team supporters start to leave.

I remember I got lucky on toutless the Friday before the 2013 final (We were in the minor final) and got 2x premiums from a guy in Meath. Had to collect them before the game though. It's hewdwrecking trying for tickets for the final but it's a nice situation to be in. Enjoy

• Advertisement

Why would someone give a ticket so scarce to some randomer at the 7s in Kilmacud.

Surely if someone does end up with a spare, they will give it someone they know rather than some random person.

It's usually a trading spot and has been for years. I got 2 last year there

Edgware wrote: »

Not for me it's not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Don't go to CP often I take it??

No chances on final day of getting to another tier is a no go. Unless you come out and get up the stairs but with all the hassle it will be hard pressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Hey Lads, in Dublin tonight and tomorrow night. What might be the best pub to ask for tickets in? Apologies if it's been posted already!

Spudmonkey wrote: »
    Hey Lads, in Dublin tonight and tomorrow night. What might be the best pub to ask for tickets in? Apologies if it's been posted already!

Pubs hahahah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭enricoh

Watched the football final in a pub on Dorset St n was talking to an oul lad at half time. I said to him I was surprised he couldn't get a ticket as all my in-laws got sorted.
    His ticket got pickpocketed in the pub an hour before throw in. As he was leaving the bar counter with a pint in each hand he reckons he was dipped out of his front pocket. Fairly sickening- keep them safe folks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Don't go to CP often I take it??

I'm usually in CP 3 or 4 times a year and did not know that, because normally I'm sitting with the people I came with.....

• Registered Users Posts: 27 john15

This time yesterday I had no ticket and was close to giving up tbh.

I stuck with it & now have 1 Cusack & 3 Hill tickets.

Keep the faith, I hope ye all get sorted!

By the way, that Stand for Hill swap has become available again, I'll know 100% later today if I can go ahead with it.

I believe john15 is first in line!?

I got sorted thanks tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Sure if you get in relatively early, try find someone on their own in the worse (sons section) and swap the seats and you can sit with the son

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭TL17

I'm usually in CP 3 or 4 times a year and did not know that, because normally I'm sitting with the people I came with.....

Yea same here. Usually lot of us together. This time tickets scarce and scattered. Genuinely never took notice before

• Advertisement
Advertisement