Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atec Wave Vs Sak vs Parker Hale Sound moderators.

Options
  • 05-08-2018 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Which one should i get for my cz 452.

Which one do you reccomend 16 votes

Sak
    12% 2 votes
    Parker Hale
    56% 9 votes
    A-Tec
    31% 5 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I went for SAK simply because i've used them on 22lr and 17hmr and its worked flawlessly, but never owned a Wave. The SAK is easy to disassemble and clean, and not too bad on the rifle for overall length.

The Wave is slighter more expensive (not by much) and is quite lighter than the SAK. Overall size is the same as the SAK, but i believe they are harder to strip and basically the same internals as the SAK.

I've used the Wave on the range and i cannot tell the difference, if any, between the SAK or Wave but the Wave does seem to sit better on the rifle. So overall you pay slightly more for the Wave which seems, aesthetically better than the SAK, but you pay slightly more.

The Parker Hale is s staple of any gun owner, but they are badly outdated. noise reduction is decent to good, but does not measure up to the SAK or Wave. They are a PITA to strip, clean and reassemble. The are light enough, but too long on the rifle.

For sound reduction any will do you as a rimfire is mostly subsonic (depending on ammo) so sound reduction will always be good. It's down to what you like the look as the difference between the three is so small.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I have a SAK on the 17HMR and find it excellent used to have one on the Ruger 10/22 only ever heard the slap of the bolt. They are also very reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭PSXDupe

Out of the three listed I'd go with the Sak but found the Wildcat Whisper better again but a lot more expensive. I've owned all three and currently use the Wildcat Whisper on my .22

• Registered Users Posts: 14,971 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Only thing I don't like about the SAK in 308 is its tendency to loosen up and partially disassemble itself after a few shots and things heat up, or just lock itself together if it cools down without being cleaned, to the point of needing a strap wrench to disassemble...:mad:
    A neoprene or silencer cover is a good idea if you don't want to lose bits off this brand.:)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Unchopped

Have both the Sak and the Parker hale. Don't hear any difference between the two.
    The sak is easier clean, but the one i reach for every time is the parker hale.
    The parker hale is slimmer, and a bit longer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement