Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek: Picard - Amazon Prime [** POSSIBLE SPOILERS **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Well, as it's the last season and more of a reunion, I don't think they will go with anything too new or too unrelated to TNG. So I don't they would go with the Breen or anyone like that. Not even the Klingons. I know the Klingons were used quite a bit in TNG but, IMHO, they really came into their own in DS9. They were pretty one dimensional on TNG and, while they were never fully rounded out, at least they got some depth in DS9. Martok was a fan favorite who was already great to see on DS9.

They want to wrap up TNG (even though they had a perfectly good series wrap up but, hey, money) so I think season 3 will touch on established storylines

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Final season coming February 16th 2023

Post edited by EoinMcLovin on

• Registered Users Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Registered Users Posts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

The trailer does look great. Let's hope that the final season will actually be a good one.

I would love to know what the ship 23 +seconds in is and what that bulky part is between its nacelles.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Evade

That trailer looks like what season one should have been, Picard in trouble so he tries to enlist the old crew to help like in All Good Things.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

So the ship is the Titan-A, described as being Neo-Constitution class. I don't like it myself, seems more like a frankensteined kitbash.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Nope. I'm done with this show, and dangling the cast isn't going to tempt me. We must surely know every single one will be re-written away from the versions we know and love?

Their trailers always look great. I'll watch, simply as it's the last season but not holding out much hope

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Rawr

Watched the Season 3 Trailer....and damn it. I'm not fooled this time.

I don't have high hopes for this one. I would really like for them to attempt a half-decent job at this, but Season 2 has shown that even with a good premise they don't know how to follow through. I expect 1 to 3 pretty good episodes at the beginning that will raise my hopes, then they'll lean into filler before rushing to the end in the final 2 in a way that will just eliminate the good will I started off with.

It would be great if I am proved wrong. I would love to be proved wrong, and with Strange New Worlds there is a hope that they might have learned. But this feels like a re-hash of the Fetch-Quest they did with the last 2 seasons re-dressed as a TNG finale. They will be doubly damned if they get this wrong, and I fear they will.

I'm going to watch this...but with so much more caution than I had going into Season 2. But this time I will try to not let the first episodes raise my hopes like last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭corkie

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

... making it one of the first female-led series in the franchise.

Weird way of saying "it's not the first".

Can't say I'm surprised if true, only that it has taken this long. Always felt like there was a 7o9 spin-off about to happen. Though given how scattershot her character was in Picard, I'll stay cautiously optimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭eadrom

yeah, not surprised at all. Can’t say I’m too excited at yet another new Star Trek show featuring a ”legacy” character but sure, you never know.

I do look forwarded to another show exploring that point in the Star Trek timeline, but really it’s more for the cameos than any expectation of good stories at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,227 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Seeing her role in 'Picard', honestly I'm not optimistic nor interested.

SWN & LD is giving me all my Trek needs. But maybe this new show will would appeal for those who like Disco, etc.

Some Trek out there for all of us!

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Leading her own show might at least focus minds on what they want to do with 7of9. The 1.5 seasons or Picard showed a character in search of an arc worth a damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

If the Seven of Nine show is done right it could work. They should start further back with her charather maybe not long after Voyeger got home maybe start there and gradually show why she ended up as a Bounty Hunter or whatever it was she was in Picard

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

If any of the modern shows were done right they could work. That said they do have 2/4, I haven't watched the kids' one, in a good place now. So a 50/50 chance of it being good but diminishing rapidly if Raffi is in the Seven series.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There's uh, quite a few bits to unpack from the last few seconds of that....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

This looks like it's gonna be a great new season of TNG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Lets stir up all the last bits of nostalgia we can get from this bucket and fire it out and see if anything sticks...

Honestly, if you showed me that trailer before I had seen the past two seasons I would have been all on board, but I think a combination of seeing what can be done, with SNW, and having been burned by Discovery and Picard constantly it's hard to drum up much enthusiasm at this stage. Though of course I will watch in hope!

• Advertisement

I don't know if the first two seasons can be taken as any kind of indicator as to the quality of season 3. They appear to have backtracked on quite a few of the major principles that Stewart/the producers insisted on, such as avoiding uniforms, focussing on Picard and not having the TNG crew do a round of cameos. Instead he's back on the bridge of a Starfleet ship once more, apparently commanding it, and almost all the entire TNG crew is back as co-stars. Doesn't mean it'll be good either though.

A few non-spoiler details about the trailer though. The Laforge he tells to gun it, is Alanda Laforge, Geordis daughter, and played by Mica Burton, LeVar Burtons own daughter.

The presumed main female villain is played by Amanda Plummer, Christopher Plummers daughter.

And the Enterprise-F is now canon as an Odyssey class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

Looks bloody epic. Several wtf moments in that.

It's a pretty good trailer, I look forward to seeing how they mess it up. There seems to be too many villains, the black haired woman, Moriarty, and Lore so far. Assuming they are villains it'll get a little crowded.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Aw crap it looks like I am gonna have to watch this

So..... The federation is threatened by Kathy Burke's Perry from The Fast Show (Yeah, I know it's Amanda Plummer doing an impression of Christopher Plummer in Undiscovered Country meets Kahn), a hologram and...... Brent Spinee..... AGAIN (How did I forget that they could bring back Lore?).

I'm genuinely surprised they didn't go with

Sela. In the trailer, at the end, they could have had her outline like we saw initially in TNG)

We know they always do great trailers for Picard. I still don't hold out much hope but will watch it to the end for completeness save.....

That looks like utter horseshít. A mishmash of desperation to try and curry favour from fans, but still betraying the idiotic scripting blighting the show (see Rikers "we're gonna die" comment). And an avalanche of surprise characters ain't gonna make me watch. And Jesus, even by current standards it's all way too dark.

I remember how great the S1 trailer looked. I was so pumped for it.

Then they stole and badly copied Mass Effect.

Not sure how I feel about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,551 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Is that Moriarty near the end ?

He'd be a good main villain, that female villain looks like a caricature.

Yep.

Wonder is he also the lady captain of the ship. He controls her and meant to be some big reveal that they ruined at the end of the trailer?

• Advertisement

From the subtitles, the ship captain is called Vadic, with the ship being the Shrike. There doesn't seem to be any previous background to her otherwise. I suspect they're going to shoehorn in some tenuous link to Picards past to justify this.

Advertisement