Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek: Picard - Amazon Prime [** POSSIBLE SPOILERS **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,603 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

It seems the writers for Series 3 are the same as previous series , so I dont think the end result will be any better.

The should have let the Strange New Worlds writers takeover.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,258 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Also........ Worf is now a Pacifist?????

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Evade

Shrike was used as a Romulan ship class in Star Trek Armada II. Possible connection or pure coincidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,919 ✭✭✭✭flazio

This new Trek just can't do decent villans. That lady looks like Dr Evils henchwoman from Austin Powers, also shouldn't "Moriarty" have went down with the D in Generations?

He was on a portable device made by Barclay last time we saw him so there's no guarantee it was still on the D when it crashed. Barclay wasn't, or at least was never seen during Generations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,942 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I'd imagine that device ended up in the Daystrum institute. Makes the most sense for it. With all their failures trying to recreate artificial sentient life in the style of Data, I'm sure they'd be dying to study the artificial sentient life that the Enterprise's computer accidentally created in response to a badly phrased command 😉

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

Jupiter Station might be a more likely destination.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I love the effort you guys are putting into something the writers didn't give 30 seconds of boilerplate effort beyond "who that isn't Q is a popular TNG villain? Let's bring them back!" I'd put no small amount of money on there being precisely no explanation given.

Guarantee you that some of the regulars here could produce a better season of Picard than what we've been given so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

My first thought when it showed up was it kinda looked like The Narada (ST:2009).

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Oh, typed with the confidence of never having to put my money where my mouth is... I know I could write a better season's TV than what we got with Picard. In that it wouldn't be hard. I still think season 2 was some of the worst writing done by professionals I've witnessed in years of TV.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

At the end of season 2, I was expecting some big ass super bad, if the borg were asking for help, and now not a sniff of a drone.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,942 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Wouldn't put it past them to have forgotten all that. Also I notice Riker seems to be wearing Captain's insignia? Wasn't he an Admiral?

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

It really feels like they're going to create another "Shinzon" style enemy who has some backstory with Picard we've never heard about before. If they wanted that 'wrath of khan' style villain then Sela is right there. It would double down on the nostalgia bait the writers want to exploit and they'd have a villain with an established history with Picard.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Riker is still a captain, and never made it to admiral.

Riker was an ensign and both varieties of lieutenant for about 4 years, a lieutenant commander for no more than 3 years and a commander for 14 years. So plotting that graph he should've taken his promotion to admiral sometime around 2397 not accounting for the break due to the death of his son or any other breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,919 ✭✭✭✭flazio

He always seemed to be very Kirk like in demeanour so perhaps his time as an Admiral took a similar path.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,250 ✭✭✭corkie

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ EU Digital ID ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,711 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I still the E is a much better more cohesive looking ship but can not wait to see this screen either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,250 ✭✭✭corkie

How Moriarty Comes Back in Star Trek Picard Season 3

The above video use's old footage from 'The Equalizer (1988)' to good effect.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ EU Digital ID ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Imagine winning a fan competition for Star Trek Online back in 2011 and now, over a decade later, your drawing becomes the Canon Ent-F

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭McFly85

Season 3 trailer:

Zero hype for this. With the bridge crew returning it feels like a trailer for one of the bad TNG films, moody lighting and action oriented.

Moriarty being there too is ridiculous in the extreme. There’ll be no reason for him to be there other than TNG fans being able to recognise him.

All Good Things already had about 1/3 of it showing us Picard getting the band back together for one last adventure and I bet it will still have a more satisfying conclusion than this.

"It was always Life or Death Jen-Luc; when has it not been?"

Lots of times Geordi. Lots and lots and lots of times but oh wait, PEWPEWPEWPEWPEW.

Absolute garbage; there's a small chance it's how the tone of the trailer was cut - but nah. Mind you, scanning the YouTube comments out of masochistic curiosity shows there are more than enough idio...people out there pleased merely by I Know That Reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭McFly85

The trailer seems to be at pains to portray the Enterprise-D crew as a bunch of space adrenaline junkies who shoot first and ask questions later. Everything is about how they love blowing things up and crashing into things - except Worf now, for some reason, who suggests he’s rejected violence since we’ve last seen him.

So pretty much everyone is a completely different person.

I remember how hyped I was for this at the beginning and I can’t believe how wrong they’ve gotten it.

I suppose if you only ever watched the movies, and maybe skimmed some superficial fora who liked the action'y TNG episodes you might think that's how the show rolled.

Or, you know, you were a talentless idiot who failed upwards within Hollywood for a few years, and only knew how to write scripts as a sequence of Trailer Moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Yup, saw the first few seconds of the trailer with the "funny" cut of the admiral (or whoever he is) saying, oh no, no pew pews, intercut with all the action scenes, and here we go again. I was surprised to see that it's out in two weeks, for weeks before Discovery launched, and Picard, I was counting down the time. Looks like it will essentially be Nemesis, except over ten episodes and with the usual universe ending disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭eadrom

Who turned out the lights?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Actually interesting you said that. There was a clip of Raffi using some medical thing on her eyes that reminded me of the one Lorca used in Discovery because the light in the main universe is brighter (or something) than the mirror universe. Maybe it's a giant rug pull and it turns out Picard is all in the mirror universe and it's wiped out at the end! Throw in section 31 and it removes two of my least loved parts of canon that were fine in small doses in old Trek, but became for some reason the cornerstone of these shows.

Advertisement