Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Half Marathon December 1st 2018 *Transfers Allowed*

Options
  • 01-08-2018 9:17pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Entries for Waterford opened the other day. Like other years, transfers allowed so feel free to pedal your wares on boards once entries inevitably sell out!

I'm in anyway.

http://www.waterfordachalf.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

For anyone doing this from Dublin, do you drive up and back in the same day?

Thinking of doing it but just wondering what people think

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Van.Bosch wrote: »

Yeah I sometimes drive up and down - motorway the whole way so you'll get there in no time (less than 2 hrs depending on your starting point)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Van.Bosch wrote: »

Did that last year, it was fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

What's course profile like, slow or fast?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Wottle

Cona wrote: »

Did it last year and I would say it's a fair course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Cona wrote: »
    Decent course, b1tch of a hill around 10 mile mark is only major climb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Course and profile HERE

Did it for the first time past year. Enjoyed the course and ran a PB there so definitely think it's a decent course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Done this the last 2 years and got a pb both times, once you get over the hill at 10 you're sailing downhill to the finish bar the tiny rise over the finish line, a really well organized event!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I drove down on the Friday last year and stayed in a hotel. Doing same this year...prefer the extra two hours in bed myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Wottle

I drove down on the Friday last year and stayed in a hotel. Doing same this year...prefer the extra two hours in bed myself :)

Drove down last year on the morning, don't recommend it, booked into a hotel for the night this time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

WAC Half Marathon expected to sell out in the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,347 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Did this last year and was far and away my favourite half of all the ones i've done, doing this again this year and hoping for a sub 1:40 PB this time, here's hoping!
    @Van.Bosch - Drove down and up last year on the day and it was grand. A few hours peace and quiet away from the kids, whats not to like!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

I missed out on registration, just forgot! If anyone here knows anyone who cannot do it, let me know, PM/reply.
    Regards,
    Wes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

Throwing my name out there in hope of picking up a spare entry. Anyone got a SPARE entry, gimme a shout thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,947 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Just throwing my name out there. No idea this sold out so early!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭TinyTot165

I have 2 entries if people are still looking, myself and OH were planning to do it but can't now

TinyTot165 wrote: »
    I have 2 entries if people are still looking, myself and OH were planning to do it but can't now

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭pot p

TinyTot165 wrote: »

I would really like an entry, don't mind paying a little extra. Pm if there is 1 still available. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

When is the final date for transfers? Mine may be available as I may be travelling (that and I'm fat, slow and niggling injury) but won't know for a couple more weeks for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 volkswagon1973

Looking for entry for Waterford Half if any has one can pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 kate72

also looking for an entry if there's one going? please PM if you have one going begging

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭jnk883

I have an entry going for this. After Dublin I have decided to take some downtime. Hard to tell who is next in the queue. So let me know who is interested.

Cost of entry was €29.96 and transfer is €3

FYI transfers available up to Nov 28th.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 kate72

please can I have it? JNK 883 -will drop you a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 32 volkswagon1973

Hi Jnk883 would I be able get your entry you can private text me.

No longer running this so I'm getting rid of my number. Someone had already transferred their name to mine I assume that won't be an issue

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Hi, also looking to get rid of my entry (unfortunately!).

Hard to tell who is next in line but PM if ye figure it out and I can transfer it tonight.

Edit: gone now!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭MacSwifty

PM Sent Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I'm looking for 2(two!) entries as I have been poorly organised this year. If you have one you need to get rid off, I would appreciate a PM.

I'll edit this message if I get any.

Advertisement