Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Druids glen or Mount Juliet

Options
2»

Comments

Bottle wrote: »
    Played Mount Juliet in an open comp today, wasn't overly impressed to be honest, the greens were pretty amazing but I think the course is probably recovering a bit from the weather, there was a lot of grass on the fairways and it seemed a bit uncared for in spots. Having played it 5 or 6 times previously, I don't think I would be rushing back to play it again for a while.

Wouldn't be too critical of anywhere at the moment with the grass a bit long on the fairways on a bank holiday Monday.

Had the same in Our Club as well. Just simply a case of how much growth there is and some fairways not being cut since Thursday or Friday at the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Bottle

Exactly wrote:
    Had the same in Our Club as well. Just simply a case of how much growth there is and some fairways not being cut since Thursday or Friday at the best.

But was your club charging €60 entry for an open comp?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭golfguy1

Bottle wrote: »
    But was your club charging €60 entry for an open comp?

€60 for a round in mj isn't bad value along with the chance to win a prize

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Bottle

True, if it was in perfect condition it would be good value. Unfortunately it wasn’t in perfect condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,489 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Not sure if anybody here likes Mark Crossfield's videos but his video blog of Druid's Glen started last night.

Previous two games were K Club (looked great) and Lough Erne (whose greens looked borderline unplayable)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭one man clappin

I have watched his course vlogs of K Club and Lough Erne and I am pretty shocked at how poor they actually are as players. some of their shots a high handicapper would be hitting himself over. Maybe it is about having fun but "Coach Lockey" could not hit a driver or 3 wood when at Lough Erne.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,070 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Are The Coach and Crossfield both club Pros? They don't seem like greatest players for their level if so.

I'm actually surprised how average Crossfire is having watched his Videos last month.

Have to say I enjoy watching them though they seem sound lads but just expected bit better standard. Especially the Putting

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

They are like lads out for the lash and a few rounds of golf albeit with lovely swings!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,489 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

They've said numerous times themselves - It's clear the difference between themselves and Tour Pros. They play off the back tees etc...

...and like the poster above mentioned - They are just out for a laugh/on the piss the night before

Advertisement