Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurt and confused

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Psychology Rule 101 is that if a person constantly mentions their ex they are not over them and you are wasting your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,054 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

nthclare wrote: »
    Well we probably are well rid....

It sounds arrogant to you and loads more, I was a bit raw when I wrote that I was just giving our back grounds.

I was saying it was nothing to do with different classes, we were just coming from a different direction.

I think you're wrong with your judgement.

Ill rephrase that, im from the Flaggyshore shes from Birr....

Ill take it back about the money thing.

Will I change it, if it'll make you think im not arrogant ?
    I just can't get my head around why you are questioning if you were right to walk away from her after all the nasty (even if they are true) things you say about her.
    I don't know what Flaggyshore is either by the way!

To thine own self be true

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

I just can't get my head around why you are questioning if you were right to walk away from her after all the nasty (even if they are true) things you say about her.
    I don't know what Flaggyshore is either by the way!

I think you'd have to be in my shoes to understand. Its an absolute mind fck being with a narcissist.
    They're almost hypnotic and when its over, its like waking up from a bad accident that came out of nowhere.

You try to filter it and make sense of whats going on or went on....

Ok I should have walked away the first time when I was feeling the bad vibes... my own fault ill admit that.

But they have a way of expressing thats not akin to the way normal people are socially intelligent.

They're complex, probably interesting, very sexy...intriguing...

You'll probably say whats so sexy about someone like that....

But I hope you never meet one.

The flaggyshore is on the west coast..

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

Can't disagree with a single word of your last post nthclare.

Wouldn't wish the malignant narcissist experience on my worst enemy. You really have to experience the cognitive dissonance to comprehend the headf**k these monsters inflict. Luckily most people won't have this experience. But a lot will.

Anyone that reads my posts on here will know I usually admit a sizable amount of empathy for any experience. Not for Narcs though. They are pure poison literally destroying any lives they touch. Frightening how many negative experiences of posters on here appear to relate to these toxic individuals when their hurt is explored through their posts and responses. Apparently approx 15 % of the population fits into the Cluster B Personality Disorders. That's a lot of opportunity to cause mayhem in the lives of many. Totally unfixable too.

No medicine can cure them. Years and years of therapy required but when that grandiose and entitled impossible to engage and mend. Unfortunately the medical, psychiatric and psychological professions give them a wide berth because either the Narcs won't participate or there's no money to be made from them. It's the victims of these monsters who end up in therapy.

WIZWEB wrote: »
    Can't disagree with a single word of your last post nthclare.

Wouldn't wish the malignant narcissist experience on my worst enemy. You really have to experience the cognitive dissonance to comprehend the headf**k these monsters inflict. Luckily most people won't have this experience. But a lot will.

Anyone that reads my posts on here will know I usually admit a sizable amount of empathy for any experience. Not for Narcs though. They are pure poison literally destroying any lives they touch. Frightening how many negative experiences of posters on here appear to relate to these toxic individuals when their hurt is explored through their posts and responses. Apparently approx 15 % of the population fits into the Cluster B Personality Disorders. That's a lot of opportunity to cause mayhem in the lives of many. Totally unfixable too.

No medicine can cure them. Years and years of therapy required but when that grandiose and entitled impossible to engage and mend. Unfortunately the medical, psychiatric and psychological professions give them a wide berth because either the Narcs won't participate or there's no money to be made from them. It's the victims of these monsters who end up in therapy.

I know an old man who worked in treatment centres for drug and alcohol addiction once told me the narcissist never gets sober.

They have such an ego and it consumes them.
    They create havoc where ever they go.

They cannot get the concept of powerlessness.

I knew a male narc a former acquainted guy.

He drove around in a car that was stuck together with rust, he was so delusional that he used to look down on people driving mercs and high end cars...

Always wheeling and dealing with dodgy people, and he got stung every time...

And he couldn't comprehend what he was doing was stupid.

If you borrowed a power tool the guy would nearly take the thing apart in front of you to make sure you didnt fiddle with it.

The funniest one ever was two girls from the Athlone I knew who had a narc boss.

They would go to a meeting and bring 4 note books each and take notes...a red, green, rainbow, and black note book...

And they would be taking notes and change the note books frequently....so all he'd see was different coloured notebooks flashing in front of him...

Gaslight the Gaslighters... love it...

He couldn't say anything because he couldn't cognitively make any sense of it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

Haha. That one about the notebook colour changes I read in a book somewhere and I laughed. Great to hear of it actually put in action.

The Narcs are totally delusional. Nice to see a bit of fun harmless payback.

Be thankful the gaslighting days are behind us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

Ill rephrase that, im from the Flaggyshore shes from Birr....

I take it she isn't from Birr castle. The area around Birr is full of old money.

Anyway you escaped a narcissist which is more important than how much money people have.

Emme wrote: »
    I take it she isn't from Birr castle. The area around Birr is full of old money.

Anyway you escaped a narcissist which is more important than how much money people have.

She's not from Birr Castle Emme.

An update...

I was introduced to a lady by a friend of mine who, thought I may have something in common with.

We had two dates and went well, shes 5 years older than me.
    Im 43 shes 48.

Early days yet, it's nice to meet someone who's been through a similar head fck and not have to be going on about it.

43 and 48 isn't much of a gap I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

43 and 48 isn't much of a gap I think.

The age gap shouldn't be a problem if you definitely don't want children. If you want children it could be an issue.

• Advertisement

I've a 17 year old son, so im quite content with not needing any more kids.

Easy does it this time :)

Advertisement