Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goodwood

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

mailburner wrote: »
    alhakmah :eek: won't be much of a price next time out based on that

some amount of ground made up there

Considering the standard the winner set. Think it would be mad enough going in at a very short price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

kiers47 wrote: »
    You may be right. But he is certainly better than that showing imo. I didnt have a bet and probably wont back him next time. But i think it would be foolish to right him off on 1 bad run.

There's no doubt that he didn't run to anywhere near his last run and that you shouldn't write off a horse for one bad race. The winner and 2nd were both rated OR 119 as was Without Parole so he ran 12lb+ below form. It might be my imagination but I thought Without Parole looked a bit tubby today like he wasn't trained to the moment for such an important race. Once a Frankel begins to look dodgy I run from them.

All through this season well fancied horses have been beaten out of sight, horses such as Rhododendron who beat today's winner in the Lockinge was shockingly bad in the Queen Anne as was Benbatl who was an OR 123 horse in the Queen Anne being beaten out of sight by the Gp2 standard winner of the Queen Anne and then Benbatl went on to win a Gp1 in Germany at the weekend.

It's a very strange season, made more complicated by the O'Brien stable's yoyo form.

Am i missing something here in the next. I had a look yesterday before this was priced up and thought Sir Titan would be at least 2nd or 3rd Fav. 11/1 looks a bit to big. Took a swing each way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

For the record, I have a few savers on Clarcam, Neverushacon, Drumcliff and Calino Dairy so here's hoping all 5 come in :D

Wrong thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭carq

Charlie stouts trainer looks confident here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭tinpib

For the record, I have a few savers on Clarcam, Neverushacon, Drumcliff and Calino Dairy so here's hoping all 5 come in :D

Wrong thread!

Good call on Clarcam anyway, fair play. I'll vouch for ya not after timing in the correct thread :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Pilaster looked really special last time out at kempton and although this is a step up, the fact that she’s 2nd fav tells it’s own story . This yoke could really be a machine . Fill up the boots

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

2.25 soto sizzler 20/1
    3.35 Gustav Klimt 8/1
    4.45 carvela 10/1
    5.55 truth or dare 22/1

NO kudos for me i see :D
    Well lads you'll be delighted to know if Dinkum Diamond ever wins a race again its tomorrow , Giorni Felice is the only danger I see and at a big price its worth having a saver on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

NO kudos for me i see :D
    Well lads you'll be delighted to know if Dinkum Diamond ever wins a race again its tomorrow , Giorni Felice is the only danger I see and at a big price its worth having a saver on

Didn't remember it until you quoted it. Serious kudos due there at those prices and I hope you picked up some nice winnings too.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

akelly02 wrote: »
    Pilaster looked really special last time out at kempton and although this is a step up, the fact that she’s 2nd fav tells it’s own story . This yoke could really be a machine . Fill up the boots

Well done, thank you

• Advertisement

That was some mule of a race

Well done, thank you

oh my days , what a brave brave performance, i was sure she was done a furlong out when the other one swooped by.

serious animal on just her fourth start

im so happy :)

oh my days , what a brave brave performance, i was sure she was done a furlong out when the other one swooped by.

serious animal on just her fourth start

im so happy :)

You having to be joking "serious animal"

You having to be joking "serious animal"

you must have lost your bollocks so.

and id say she is a serious animal, winning the way she did over an unknown trip, taking a big step up in class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Well done

you must have lost your bollocks so.

and id say she is a serious animal, winning the way she did over an unknown trip, taking a big step up in class.
    if rob hornby isnt so far bac kon the second he wins, an absolute donkey race

if rob hornby isnt so far bac kon the second he wins, an absolute donkey race

thats who you backed so

thats who you backed so

Aww you are so clever haha I didn't do anything in the race if you must know but I'm not deluded into thinking the horse I backed is a serious animal when it shouldnt of even won

Aww you are so clever haha I didn't do anything in the race if you must know but I'm not deluded into thinking the horse I backed is a serious animal when it shouldnt of even won

Why shouldn’t it have won ??

Waiting for even money on Battaash before going all in

• Advertisement

Waiting for even money on Battaash before going all in

There was plenty of odds against yesterday. 6/5 i took.
    Would be surprised if he didnt drift slightly again at minimum to even money.

I was strongly against him in Ascot and nearly had egg on my face that day. Well i did because i bet Lady Aurelia.

But tbh he was the best horse in that race and i think he is for sure the best sprinter in the world. He was just outdone by a horse in Blue Point who got his ideal conditions. This 5f at goodwood should be right up his street.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

I was a bit surprised to see 11/10 last night so gladly took it.

kiers47 wrote: »
    There was plenty of odds against yesterday. 6/5 i took.
    Would be surprised if he didnt drift slightly again at minimum to even money.

I was strongly against him in Ascot and nearly had egg on my face that day. Well i did because i bet Lady Aurelia.

But tbh he was the best horse in that race and i think he is for sure the best sprinter in the world. He was just outdone by a horse in Blue Point who got his ideal conditions. This 5f at goodwood should be right up his street.

only horse im worried about is havana grey for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Saturday 3:40pm Goodwood Stewards Cup was looking at this last night (probably the hardest race of the week), I'm drawn to have a bet on Solar Flair. This horse is a frequent visitor to the track for local trainer William Knight who was amongst the winners earlier this week. The Equiano colt has yet to win here but I wouldn't suggest he has issues with the undulations of the track. He climbed to a mark of 103 last year after putting in some decent placed efforts in top handicaps. He seems better than ever on the all weather this season and bagged a win again off a mark of 97 at Newcastle in a Cl2. He has managed to win a Cl3 off a mark of 90 on turf, and while tomorrows race is a tougher Cl2, he has plenty of experience in this grade. He ran in this race last year off a mark of 103 and was only beaten 2.5Lenghts. After 4 medicore runs on turf this season his mark has fallen to 92 for tomorrow yet we can be reassured he is in good fettle on foot of his win last month. He's managed to secure a low draw which is needed here so should , with a bit of luck get a decent run. The claimer taking 5lbs off is decent, which should help his chances, think he has an each way chance in a one of the most tricky handicaps of the season. 25/1 Generally 4 & 5 Places available -

GL

only horse im worried about is havana grey for some reason

The only way Havana Grey wins is if batash beats himself. Which could happen. Sioux Nation the danger for me. But he has a fair bit to find to get to Batashs level

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

An absolute rocket

An absolute rocket

my days what a machine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

BumperD wrote: »
    Saturday 3:40pm Goodwood Stewards Cup was looking at this last night (probably the hardest race of the week), I'm drawn to have a bet on Solar Flair. This horse is a frequent visitor to the track for local trainer William Knight who was amongst the winners earlier this week. The Equiano colt has yet to win here but I wouldn't suggest he has issues with the undulations of the track. He climbed to a mark of 103 last year after putting in some decent placed efforts in top handicaps. He seems better than ever on the all weather this season and bagged a win again off a mark of 97 at Newcastle in a Cl2. He has managed to win a Cl3 off a mark of 90 on turf, and while tomorrows race is a tougher Cl2, he has plenty of experience in this grade. He ran in this race last year off a mark of 103 and was only beaten 2.5Lenghts. After 4 medicore runs on turf this season his mark has fallen to 92 for tomorrow yet we can be reassured he is in good fettle on foot of his win last month. He's managed to secure a low draw which is needed here so should , with a bit of luck get a decent run. The claimer taking 5lbs off is decent, which should help his chances, think he has an each way chance in a one of the most tricky handicaps of the season. 25/1 Generally 4 & 5 Places available -

GL

4th happy with that

Advertisement