Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has politics.ie closed down ?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Ah now boards used be very biased to the left from certain mods up to a few years back and I'm sure there's still some bias as you'll always get it

But I have to say the modding has swung back towards the centre a lot

When you have one group of posters saying it's ultra liberal while simultaneously have head the ball type left wingers in feedback saying certain topics and views need banning as it's turning into a far right discussion site or the Irish stormfront as I remember one person claiming you have to say it's going in the right direction really

Certain topics and right wing views have a lot more leeway than once upon a time.

It needs maybe a little more refining such as mods just closing threads for no decent reason but it's coming along some bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Registered Users Posts: 7,306 ✭✭✭jmcc

Nothing much to see. The problem links have been deleted as have some of the hacked files. It is not the best way to clean up after a hack.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭political analyst

Seriously, does politics.ie not have a firewall to keep hackers and viruses and worms out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

Is it gone for good now.

Has any announcement been made about its demise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Doesn't look good for P.ie.

The Field Marshall has requested a transfer request. Boards.ie have expressed interest and he's expected to sign up and make his debut this weekend.

Seriously, does politics.ie not have a firewall to keep hackers and viruses and worms out?
    It had been using Cloudflare (a service that helps mitigate some of this kind of activity) but shifted to a dedicated server in September. Based on what was visible on the 14th of February when the site only displayed the files in the web directory, the server may have been hacked as early as June 2018. Therefore it moved from a secure host to a hacked server. It was only when something broke that it became apparent that the server had been hacked.

Regards...jmcc

tretorn wrote: »
    Is it gone for good now.

Has any announcement been made about its demise.
    At this stage, it is hard to tell. There are some who would like to see it return but the leaking of all those e-mail addresses and the backup of the database may be a problem that has to be dealt with first. There was some activity on the server yesterday but there's been no announcement on Twitter or Facebook yet.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 19,092 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Doesn't look good for P.ie.

The Field Marshall has requested a transfer request. Boards.ie have expressed interest and he's expected to sign up and make his debut this weekend.

Ooooooh.......not............ good....................news.

Ooooooh.......not............ good....................news.
    The poor mods. :)

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭chinwag

Seems to be back again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sort of!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

who is control of the site? its telling me to change me password, thats all i can see are people back there posting?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,988 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

who is control of the site? its telling me to change me password, thats all i can see are people back there posting?

apparently an american chap owns the site but whether he is the one in control of it now i can't answer. presumably he is if it's back up? people are back posting on it or at least they were a couple of days ago.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Offline again. This time it seems, to migrate to Xenforo.

Advertisement