Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 227 - Dillashaw vs Garbrandt 2 - Saturday August 4th 11.15PM - BT Sports

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭The White Feather

What exactly is the injury to codys back? They just say he got treatment but what is the problem? Does he get spasms or can he not move properly? Sounds very bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Mighty Mouse via Submission
    I had no ideal TJ was 32.
    Jaysus I thought he was a lot younger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Know it's not supposed to matter but losing your title to a tight split decision after the longest reign as champ in UFC history seems 'unfair'. Have to feel bad for DJ.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Cejudo via KO/TKO
    What exactly is the injury to codys back? They just say he got treatment but what is the problem? Does he get spasms or can he not move properly? Sounds very bad

Tore his back and got stem cell treatment but it didn't take. Then he had sciatic nerve pain and was crippled with that. Got further stem cell treatments and seems to be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Mighty Mouse via Decsion
    :cool: So excited for this, they both look great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

No glove touch from Cody, if he’s emotional in there again he’s getting slept again.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Cejudo via KO/TKO
    Sal D’Amato had that round 10-8 to Cody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Fair play to TJ he shut that out definitively.
    Thought Cody would sleep him tonight but he got emotional and over committed again.

Dom has to be next?

Cody needs to go and win a few and make a case for another crack at whoever is champion when he gets there.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Cejudo via KO/TKO
    Dominant finish by TJ. Same mistake from Cody rushing in to get the finish and getting countered, all downhill from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Cody got greedy looking for another big shot and he paid the price. I’m telling ya, it’s the number one sign of an overly emotional fighter, and it cost him again. He does his best work as a skilful counter striker, picking his shots and getting out of the way.

He’s mentally fragile and if other opponents get into his head, he’ll struggle to get that title back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Cody was so over invested thst you can see he had his mouth open in those exchanges. Much easier to KO tben

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Cody doesn't seem to have a chin.

Mighty Mouse via Decsion
    How high is Rogan tonight? He just claimed Cruz is 35, Anik had to correct him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,097 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Dillashaw via Submission
    Know it's not supposed to matter but losing your title to a tight split decision after the longest reign as champ in UFC history seems 'unfair'. Have to feel bad for DJ.
    What's unfair about it?

I'd argue that beating a guy by a small margin but being denied the win due to a reign is considerably more unfair.

Cejudo via KO/TKO
    Mellor wrote: »
    What's unfair about it?

I'd argue that beating a guy by a small margin but being denied the win due to a reign is considerably more unfair.

This. When its so close a decision more times than not the belt holder will get the benefit just because they are the belt holder and the judges don't want to make the call to take it away from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Garbrandt via Submission
    Got up for work, thought I'd at least catch TJ Cody, balls! How was the card fellas?

Cejudo via KO/TKO
    DJ and Cejudo is well worth the watch, Cody and TJ not much to it..rest of the card was grand but nothing spectacular. The Torres fight was decent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,097 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Dillashaw via Submission
    I had a comp so missed the Fly fight live. Finished in time for the BW, but spoilers myself when getting up the stream.
    I'll have to go back and watch tonight. But very hard to be score close rounds knowing the official result.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

No way dj should of lost the title there, take downs were nice but no significant work afterwards. Has to be a rematch before any thoughts of a fight against dillashaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Garbrandt via Submission
    HA the lead developer of EA UFC 3 had posted "will the EA cover curse strike again?" When it went to decision and then deleted the tweet after Henry won hahaha FFS. Bit of background, a special edition came out a few months ago and Conor was replaced by DJ :pac:

• Advertisement

Mighty Mouse via Decsion
    Listening to Henry in the post event is making me wish for his defeat asap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Cejudo via KO/TKO
    Who had Henry by decision in the poll?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Cejudo via KO/TKO
    derfderf wrote: »
    Who had Henry by decision in the poll?

Me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

shocksy wrote: »
    I don't understand how people can hate on DJ. Pure class. Lost a controversial split decision and gives big ups to Henry.

Nothing controversial about it. Henry won a great fight.

You hurting?

The MMA forum. You can't share an opinion without some sort of accusation of bias, usually in a tired, witless fashion such as that one.

The third fight is the only option now. Don't think there's a hope Cejudo gets to go straight up for a shot at TJ.
    Mellor wrote: »
    What's unfair about it?

Absolutely. This "give the champion the benefit of the doubt" attitude a lot of people have (including some who should know better) is complete bollocks. It is a contest in a two horse race. If you win by the tiniest of margins, you win. Nothing unfair on the defeated champion about it and, as Axwell said, the real injustice would be someone legitimately dethroning a champion but being denied it by judges who don't want to take away a belt in a tight fight.

Definitive from TJ but Garbrandt definitely contributed to his own downfall. The version of Garbrandt that fought Cruz and floored TJ in the first fight with such composure has been missing ever since. The shot that properly floored him and hurt him the most was the same one that knocked him out last time round. Got caught as he was winding up massively and throwing wildly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Grabrandt via KO/TKO
    Very enjoyable main card. So glad Henry got it done makes the division exciting. Must watch the undercard tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Grabrandt via KO/TKO
    Dont agree the champ needs to be comprehensively beaten. Its a new belt made for title fights each fighter has a chance to win it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Cejudo via KO/TKO
    TJ just needs to beat Cruz (again) to really cement his place as one of the goat now.

I know alot of people hate on rogan for a long time, but he was painful last night. Kept dragging DC in to big long conversations he was stoned off his head

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Cejudo via KO/TKO
    I had dj winning first three myself. Cejudo got a takedown in the second (for less than a minute?), he was behind for the other 4 mins. Couldnt believe cejudo got the decision but fair play to him.

I think 4 and 5 were closer rounds which cejudo would win with the takedowns but not the second imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Takedowns and control without converting that into damage don't outscore clinical striking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Cejudo via KO/TKO
    Watched the fight back twice and that’s an even worse decision than I felt at the time.

It was clearly DJ’s fight.

Advertisement