Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Man-made" Climate Change Lunathicks Out in Full Force

Options
  • 28-07-2018 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,059 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Grand so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

Creative83 wrote: »
    It is all bull**** and speculation of course. Nobody has the balls in that community to come forward and actually say that there is no problem

Where are the scientific facts to support your argument?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,200 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Who needs facts when you have feelings.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Can you provide your academic credentials or research to support your claims?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Creative83

I could provide with a temperature guideline over the past 2,000 years I think... but it wouldn't fit your narrative so I wont do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Fly close to the Sun thIcarus, you'll be grand.

dudara wrote: »
    Can you provide your academic credentials or research to support your claims?

It is sad to see that you have been taken in, hook line and sinker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

It is sad to see that you have been taken in, hook line and sinker

What are your credentials apart from your feelings.

Who needs facts when you have feelings.

Your hero, Al Gore... what did he say would happen in ten years from 2003?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Someone had one to many drinky winkys tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

"97% of the world's climate scientists are wrong about their own field of expertise, and I, an ill-educated, over-confident right-wing man, am right"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭jjpep

I remember when trolls actually used to make an effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

I think we've found Danny Healy-Rae's account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

Over 97% of scientists believe in climate change, and that humanity will certainly suffer unimaginably if we do nothing.

What does it cost any of us to put measures in place to stop it happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

"97% of the world's climate scientists are wrong about their own field of expertise, and I, an ill-educated, over-confident right-wing man, am right"

most of the leading scientific organizations worldwide have issued public statements endorsing this position.

But what do they know really vs some videos I watched on youtube done by a random guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller Returns

The 97 per cent figure has been debunked many times. It was a survey of a tiny few scientists and many didb't even reply.

Climate change has become one of the causes that the liberal left have attached themselves to. Like most issues these people become attached to it has become a sort of cult. Anyone who even questions the consensus is labelled a 'denier' There are climate scientists in top US colleges who complain that funding is only given to scientists who accept human caused climate change and some are even afraid to voice their opinion for fear of the backlash.

Yep, because they are employed to prove it.... any contrary opinion is hounded out

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

There is none.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭jackboy

What does it cost any of us to put measures in place to stop it happening?

We can stop human causes of climate change but we cannot stop natural causes of climate change. There will always be massive climate change and there is nothing we can do about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

The 97 per cent figure has been debunked many times. It was a survey of a tiny few scientists and many didb't even reply.

Did you find that out on a ten minute youtube video?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

When will world end?

That is the question!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

most of the leading scientific organizations worldwide have issued public statements endorsing this position.

But what do they know really vs some videos I watched on youtube done by a random guy.

Listen from 2:30 minute mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Yep, because they are employed to prove it.... any contrary opinion is hounded out

Often because it is quite faulty

https://qz.com/1069298/the-3-of-scientific-papers-that-deny-climate-change-are-all-flawed/

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

With our recent heatwave... the "top scientists", best in the world apparently... are now predicting doom on a biblical level.

It is all bull**** and speculation of course. Nobody has the balls in that community to come forward and actually say that there is no problem.

Funny thing is that these guys would protest a Nuclear power plant in a heartbeat, apparently not smart enough to relise that nuclear energy is the way forward!!!

Do you know why the northern hemisphere is currently on fire? If the answer is no then you are not fit to challenge climate change.

Did you find that out on a ten minute youtube video?

No, I like questioning things rather than attaching myself to causes that are currently fashionable. Read the link I sent. he explains why it's horse****

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Even those that have the view that we have no significant impact on climate change accept that fossil fuels are finite. So once they are used up how are we to turn the lights on if we don’t invest in renewable energy?

• Advertisement

Do you know why the northern hemisphere is currently on fire? If the answer is no then you are not fit to challenge climate change.

Weather and climate are 2 different things.

Advertisement