Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

There are two states where votes are being changed from democrat to republican by the machines. How do the democrats win against something like that?

Texas, as posted above, was found to be operator error. The machines were fine when used correctly.

What's the other State?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,005 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Texas, as posted above, was found to be operator error. The machines were fine when used correctly.

What's the other State?

Seems its only Texas.

That said, the op is correct. With whats going on in Dodge, Georgia etc etc. the cards are stacked against.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

What's the other State?

Operator error or not, is there any sign that the incorrect votes will be reversed? Because if not - and last I'd heard no action was to be take - that's where the problem lies, and frankly the votes should be either negated or re-run. Anything else is a perversion of democracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

What's the other State?

Texas is not fine. The machines are not fit for purpose if they contain such a ridiculous flaw. And this flaw has been known for 10 years. There's also a number of dirty tricks going on too. Then you have the voter suppression. Perhaps you've simply forgotten what it's like to live in a functioning democracy where politicians don't try and stop you voting but try convince you to vote for them.

The other state is Georgia. It's been mentioned a number of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Celticfire

Texas is not fine. The machines are not fit for purpose if they contain such a ridiculous flaw. And this flaw has been known for 10 years. There's also a number of dirty tricks going on too. Then you have the voter suppression. Perhaps you've simply forgotten what it's like to live in a functioning democracy where politicians don't try and stop you voting but try convince you to vote for them.

The other state is Georgia. It's been mentioned a number of times.

You said there were two states that the machines were changing votes. I haven't seen anything about voting machines in Georgia changing votes.

If the machines in Texas are not fit for purpose then this flaw that allows users to make these errors would affect Republicans and Democrat voters equally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Celticfire wrote: »
    You said there were two states that the machines were changing votes. I haven't seen anything about voting machines in Georgia changing votes.

If the machines in Texas are not fit for purpose then this flaw that allows users to make these errors would affect Republicans and Democrat voters equally.

If I read it correctly this isn't what was happening though. If you voted Staight Democrat on the ballot it was flipping Beto to Cruz, but the converse was not happening if you voted straight Republican (I'm open to correction on that though)

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Rhineshark

If I read it correctly this isn't what was happening though. If you voted Staight Democrat on the ballot it was flipping Beto to Cruz, but the converse was not happening if you voted straight Republican (I'm open to correction on that though)

Yeah, I haven't seen reports of the converse happening either.

4 pages of constant justified criticism of Trump.

Nothing.

Somebody posts one post thay "may" be slightly off. All of a sudden, the supporters are all over it.

If the supporters are that vociferous about facts, please explain how they can support someone so oblivious to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I think they're busy with Portuguese lessons. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,547 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Igotadose wrote: »
    Just when it looks like the US can't get worse, now it seems like a horde of gun-toting lawless yahoos are heading to the border to prevent the scary caravan of unarmed women and children from crossing. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/migrant-caravan-us-armed-militia-groups-mexico-texas-border-trump-immigration-a8604371.html

All this is on Trump. Anyone hurt by this can blame Trump. Period.

Maybe the POTUS can direct his 800 troops to intercept these 'militiamen' and get them to disarm. That'd be amusing - the militiamen finally learning they can't really stand up to US armed forces and go back to being weekend warriors at gun ranges.

If the posse get's to the border area ahead of the troops, the idea of the US Military in a face-off with non-military people dressed in a mix of military gear carrying weapons near the border sound's probable. Wouldn't be a good mix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Christy42

There are two states where votes are being changed from democrat to republican by the machines. How do the democrats win against something like that?

What's the other State?
    If voted get flipped without the user realising that means Texas is no longer a serious democracy. I don't care which way they get flipped it should never happen.

As for the user error thing, it isn't. It is a terrible design from the company that confuses people's votes. People will always race through when they know their choices. If a machine can't deal with it it is not fit for purpose. They are just trying to shift the blame.

This is in addition to Trump's violent rhetoric coming home to roost and how unapologetic he is over the recent attacks. Are lower taxes really worth all these attacks?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Trumps latest tweet

Check out @realDonaldTrump’;s Tweet: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1056879122348195841?s=09

Again calling the press "The true enemy of the people"!

Trumps latest tweet

Check out @realDonaldTrump’;s Tweet: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1056879122348195841?s=09

He blames the media.

A viable bomb gets sent to CNN.

Any "normal" person would wind their neck in and cool it.

But not Donny. He always doubles down.

I challenge ANY Trump supporter to agree with him here. I'll wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,979 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

everlast75 wrote: »
    He blames the media.

Trump hasn't told them what to say yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Christy42

Trumps latest tweet

Ah here. He absolutely knows it is crap like this that is encouraging people to take matters into their own hands.

The more that people are convinced that they are at war with people in their own country the more violent they will become. The more he drives the US vs them the more violent they will become.

I get idealogical differences but he could frame it as such instead of this war style rhetoric.

He blames the media.

"How dare you liberals politicise this!" is the main one I'm seeing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

Rhineshark wrote: »
    "How dare you liberals politicise this!" is the main one I'm seeing.
    The old right-wing cliche bingo.

The yawning intellectual void at the heart of Trumpism and conservatism in general these days is stunning.

He has become ever more blatant now in terms of his riling his base.

Speaks of desperation. I wonder is an indictment imminent. Are the numbers for the midterms worse than we know.

Either that, or he is just a sociopath.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Does Trump know calling the press "The Enemy of the People" is winding up his extreme supporters towards violence? Probably, you'd want to be really closeted.

Does he care? No, of course not, and same goes for anyone who benefits from this, voting supressiom, gerrymandering, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

He has become ever more blatant now in terms of his riling his base.

Speaks of desperation. I wonder is an indictment imminent. Are the numbers for the midterms worse than we know.

Either that, or he is just a sociopath.

Plus he's gonna have even more investigations post the midterms. The dems are expected to open them when they take the house. So we're moving to a point where his actual capabilities to do anything will be severely limited imho.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

pixelburp wrote: »
    Does Trump know calling the press "The Enemy of the People" is winding up his extreme supporters towards violence? Probably, you'd want to be really closeted.

Does he care? No, of course not, and same goes for anyone who benefits from this, voting supressiom, gerrymandering, etc.

I'd rather hope that he's too stupid to realise what he's doing, as if it's deliberate then it is far too sinister to think about.

There is much more to support the claim that he's just stupid and doesn't care than it being any expertly executed masterplan to destroy the country/ world as if that were the case then he's still a bit rubbish at it. The trouble he is causing is more by accident than design.

Nothing points to him being anything other than an idiot who likes to play golf a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,068 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

robinph wrote: »
    I'd rather hope that he's too stupid to realise what he's doing, as if it's deliberate then it is far too sinister to think about.

There is much more to support the claim that he's just stupid and doesn't care than it being any expertly executed masterplan to destroy the country/ world as if that were the case then he's still a bit rubbish at it. The trouble he is causing is more by accident than design.

Nothing points to him being anything other than an idiot who likes to play golf a lot.
    I'm not so sure. That stuff is straight out of the Steve Bannon playbook. It's not something that he just came up with. There are other things he does that strike me as at least cunning if not downright subversive. Like tweeting vociferously when there's some bad news in the offing and he wants to drown it out. Doubling down on something that's caused outrage is another basic troll device. Coming out with the 'enemy of the people' trope at this time is very calculated. At a time when people are looking at news about shootings and attempted bombings that were quite clearly carried out by people who if not out and out supporters, at the very least, were against targets whom Trump decries regularly.

Oh my ****ing God!!!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1056919064906469376?s=19

There is no excuse for this. Its frankly outrageous. People are going to die.. scratch that - "more" people are going to die.

Absolutely crazy stuff. Why hasn't someone removed this lunatic yet?

Oh my ****ing God!!!

There is no excuse for this. Its frankly outrageous. People are going to die.. scratch that - "more" people are going to die.

Jesus, playing up "invasion" with damnfool wannabe "militia" folks charging down to the border. That's not going to go badly wrong at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭amandstu

Have I heard it right that about a third of the votes have already been cast?

Would that make it very hard for the Republicans to hold onto the Congress as we already know the political climate those votes were cast in (consistently more favourable to Democrats)

So ,on the day the Republicans would need something like 60/40 to turn it round...

That's too simplistic?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭eire4

amandstu wrote: »
    Have I heard it right that about a third of the votes have already been cast?

Would that make it very hard for the Republicans to hold onto the Congress as we already know the political climate those votes were cast in (consistently more favourable to Democrats)

So ,on the day the Republicans would need something like 60/40 to turn it round...

That's too simplistic?
    It will be interesting to see what the final voter turnout is given the normally pathetic voter turnout in the US it was 54% at the last presidential election and of course the very significant voter suppression efforts that are underway as well.

Oh my ****ing God!!!

“Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to be free, so I can machine gun them. That'll REALLY annoy the STUPID LIBERAL SNOWFLAKES!!!!!!"

eire4 wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see what the final voter turnout is given the normally pathetic voter turnout in the US it was 54% at the last presidential election and of course the very significant voter suppression efforts that are underway as well.

Saw something today that it was very high and was breaking around approx 35/25 approve/disapprove against Trump although of course he is not on the ballot.

Even so the Senate is not expected to shift.

hill16bhoy wrote: »
    “Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to be free, so I can machine gun them. That'll REALLY annoy the STUPID LIBERAL SNOWFLAKES!!!!!!"
    Not sure if there aren't restrictions on how the military can be used in these sort of circumstances (just something I may have heard)

• Advertisement

amandstu wrote: »
    Not sure if there aren't restrictions on how the military can be used in these sort of circumstances (just something I may have heard)
    Oh I'm sure there'll be plenty of good ol' boys lined up at the border. Shooting a poor Honduran family must be the wet dream of every "white patriot militia" man.

They think this is the Alamo, or something.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement