Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Evolution - October 28th 2018 (Spoilers, rumours, etc)

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Pretty good PPV overall.
    Don't think Nia should've won the Battle Royal. I just don't see what the big deal is about her.
    And thought the Riott Squad should have won their match.

I'm glad Alexa wasn't in that match as Trish/Lita beating Alicia/Mickie was more acceptable.

I think the MYC and NXT matches were great and for anyone who hadn't seen those women before, they've gained new fans.
    Not sure about the ending of the NXT match though. I like the victory is tainted, though would also have liked Kairi to win. I guess one title had to change hands. Thought the other women would come to Kairi's defence but Candace was the only face there.

Becky/Charlotte was great as well with the right winner. Though was worried for a bit.

Nikki/Ronda went longer than I expected and was better than I expected. I really think Ronda needs to change her ring gear. She's always pulling at it.

Couple of things: I've said before, but I think Nikki Cross should've been there in some capacity. When it showed the replay/pictures of the PPV announcement, she was there looking happy with the rest of them (Or as eccentric as she usually is).
    Wonder if the other countries were asked to have female commentators.
    Anyone notice when they were interviewing the Bellas backstage that it went from being able to hear the crowd from the arena to very audible crowd reaction?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

It was refreshing to see a WWE PPV with hot feuds and matches that felt important. Baszler vs Sane was match of the night for me. Incredible arm work from Baszler. The perfect face/heel dynamic with these two, Sane is so sympathetic in her role and Baszler comes across as a legit badass. Both are amazing really. Sane/Baszler and Becky/Charlotte have been the two best feuds in WWE this year imo.

Becky and Charlotte both worked their asses off, the match had the violence that the feud deserved. This match ruled for the most part but some things really annoyed me. Again there was the WWE trope of the champion attempting to walk out with the belt mid match.Then there was Becky cowering away from Charlotte when she got up from under all the chairs. The match also needlessly descended into a TLC match much like the Omega/Cody match in NJPW did over the summer. And as I type that I realise that the TLC PPV is not far off, maybe they'll have Becky & Charlotte TLC match there. Has there been a women's TLC match in WWE before? Could be another thing for them to keep using the historic for if not.

Cole even said TLC isn't until December.

One thing I noticed that I don't like Kairi's new music. I want the "Yo ho".
    She sold the injury well, even post match

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

What I don't understand is Charlotte was the one getting frustrated and using the 'dirty' tactics, yet we're supposed to have sympathy for her?

The booking for both Becky and Charlotte has been atrocious, and they both deserve so much credit for keeping everyone invested despite of the crap booking. They've been excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

• Advertisement

I was wondering while they were talking about Lita and her history as part of Team Extreme and all, why wasn't there any mention of Essa Rios? At least that I heard.

Was Cole allowed to call the show without Vince in his ear? Sounded better. Liked him talking about the Riott Squad, though after talking a lot about Ruby and Liv, Sarah didn't get as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I was wondering while they were talking about Lita and her history as part of Team Extreme and all, why wasn't there any mention of Essa Rios? At least that I heard.

Was Cole allowed to call the show without Vince in his ear? Sounded better. Liked him talking about the Riott Squad, though after talking a lot about Ruby and Liv, Sarah didn't get as much.

I also suspected perhaps Paul was running the show because the booking was so simple and the announcers didn't sound overproduced, but Ryan Satin confirmed today that Vince was at Gorilla producing as usual.

Thoughts on the show...

Opener was fun, exactly what it needed to be. Lita & Trish looked as good as could be expected and I feel there's still some meat on the bone in terms of a Trish-Alexa singles match down the road.

Battle royal was wwaaaaayyy better than I thought it would be. So well laid out. I would've rather Ember won but I suppose they had an inconclusive finish to Ronda - Nia & a real good match so why not go back to it?

MYC final was a 15 minute match that only had 10 minutes. It was real good but rushed.

6 woman told a really good story & was really well worked. It felt more important and less throwaway than I expected it to, and I was pleased Bayley & Sasha got to shine.

Sane-Baszler was just terrific pro wrestling with a great finish that opens up possibilities. In some ways my favourite match on the show.

What can I add about Becky & Charlotte? An all time classic, one of the best 3 womens matches in WWE history. Incredible moment for Becks. Loved this.

Ronda - Nikki delivered exactly what I expected. I was really pleased for Nikki who I feel gets discredited for her work because she's somewhat vacuous & she got so heavily pushed for so long. Her work was tight & strong, and Ronda remains one of the best rookies ever to do this.

Fab show overall! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,556 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've rewatched up the end of the six womens match and it's been a good show so far. I can't wait to rewatch Becky and Charlotte as it was brilliant last night.

Trish and lita vs mickie and Alicia was grand and trish looked like she didn't miss a beat and added some moves. Alicia seemed to nearly mess up a break up of a pin. Lita really isn't a good wrestler. She's sloppy.

The battle royal as said was way better than it had a right to be. It could have been a mess but wasn't thankfully.

I didn't like the German on the ring apron in the mae young classic final but it was a good match other than that. It's a move that isn't needed IMO due to it being on the hardest part of the ring

The six women's match was a good match but my enjoyment of it was harmed by some of the people in it. I really don't get the Sasha banks love people have, I really don't. She's going to hurt herself with some of the risks she takes and apparently she has a copyright on being an Eddie Guerrero fan ? We get it you liked him growing up, so did it but you don't hear me banging on about it constantly. I also don't like natalya. You come from a famous wrestling family is her whole character. Bayley I like.

Ruby riot I agree will be a future champion if there is any justice. Liv Morgan is young but I've no doubt she'll become a decent wrestler. Sarah Logan is the unsung hero of that group.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Great post above. Just on the German suplex ring apron spot, they were going with the story that Toni is world travelled at a young age and could match Japanese strong style with Io. I think it fit the narrative nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Monokne wrote: »
    I also suspected perhaps Paul was running the show because the booking was so simple and the announcers didn't sound overproduced, but Ryan Satin confirmed today that Vince was at Gorilla producing as usual.

Thoughts on the show...

Opener was fun, exactly what it needed to be. Lita & Trish looked as good as could be expected and I feel there's still some meat on the bone in terms of a Trish-Alexa singles match down the road.

Battle royal was wwaaaaayyy better than I thought it would be. So well laid out. I would've rather Ember won but I suppose they had an inconclusive finish to Ronda - Nia & a real good match so why not go back to it?

MYC final was a 15 minute match that only had 10 minutes. It was real good but rushed.

6 woman told a really good story & was really well worked. It felt more important and less throwaway than I expected it to, and I was pleased Bayley & Sasha got to shine.

Sane-Baszler was just terrific pro wrestling with a great finish that opens up possibilities. In some ways my favourite match on the show.

What can I add about Becky & Charlotte? An all time classic, one of the best 3 womens matches in WWE history. Incredible moment for Becks. Loved this.

Ronda - Nikki delivered exactly what I expected. I was really pleased for Nikki who I feel gets discredited for her work because she's somewhat vacuous & she got so heavily pushed for so long. Her work was tight & strong, and Ronda remains one of the best rookies ever to do this.

Fab show overall! :D

Heyman?

• Advertisement

Levesque. HHH's business persona

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Alicia seemed to nearly mess up a break up of a pin.

The worst part of this was they showed a replay of it where you can clearly see the referee stopping the count as he was bringing the arm down for three.

Advertisement