Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil boiler upgrade cost

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

agusta wrote: »
    Yes, but the condensate water in the trap will evaporate in the summer months.

Worth keeping in mind if you had no gully or other means of drainage. But if you were using a balanced flue I imagine foul odours should then vent back out thorough the flue air intake, although, it could still be an issue if it's near a window / door or a vent..

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    It is. Heatmerchants told me grant themselves were riding the price
    Id try a different merchant,no way grant are bring up there prices 10 percent

Interesting, I only just checked prices for a vortex a week or so ago with H.M. and Chad and neither mentioned anything about upcoming increases.
    I must double check with them as I was just about to submit a quotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭jimf

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Interesting, I only just checked prices for a vortex a week or so ago with H.M. and Chad and neither mentioned anything about upcoming increases.
    I must double check with them as I was just about to submit a quotation.

was in hm limerick last Friday for same reason and no mention of increases either

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Got quote in on upgrade heating grant vortex, new cylinder and upgraded controls just under 7000 after grants 5800. Seems very expensive to me. In fairness does involve moving boiler to inside to make zoning easier. Does it seem reasonable quote ?

raytaxi wrote: »
    Got quote in on upgrade heating grant vortex, new cylinder and upgraded controls just under 7000 after grants 5800. Seems very expensive to me. In fairness does involve moving boiler to inside to make zoning easier. Does it seem reasonable quote ?

How long is a piece of string...

Without seeing the job and knowing exactly whats involved, materials required etc its a little hard to say.
    Something that may appear to be only a little different may have a huge difference in cost.
    You say you are getting a new cylinder.
    A bog standard insulated cylinder would be one price, an unvented stainless steel dual coil could easy be three times the price.

• Advertisement

I understand that alright, its standard cylinder dual coil which I'm assuming is stainless steel is extra if wanted. Will get another quote or 2 see if its ball park figure. I know cost roughly of cylinder and boiler to me it seems expensive but I'm not a plumber so don't understand amount of work involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 LenseOnLife

Oh dear, this is making me re-think everything.

Oil boiler on the blink and was mulling over possible replacement cost - this post is like a cold shower on a hot day - don't have a couple of thousand - better gen up on my own set up and come back for advice on fault finding

cheers

Second quote in and was far better just under 4000 after grants and included stainless steel cylinder with second coil, which was dearer option on other quote again.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Oh dear, this is making me re-think everything.

Oil boiler on the blink and was mulling over possible replacement cost - this post is like a cold shower on a hot day - don't have a couple of thousand - better gen up on my own set up and come back for advice on fault finding

cheers
    Make and model of current boiler? Why is it on the blink?

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭TECH85

Any update on this boiler swap ?
    Want to hear deravarra 's story !!

• Advertisement

want to hear the story of limerick winning the all Ireland WEARB

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

jimf wrote: »
    want to hear the story of limerick winning the all Ireland WEARB
    I bet that I'm as hoarse as you are Jim. Sure who would begrudge you. Congratulations and enjoy it.

You must have only been in your 40's last time :P

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

Wearb wrote: »
    I bet that I'm as hoarse as you are Jim. Sure who would begrudge you. Congratulations and enjoy it.

You must have only been in your 40's last time :P[/QUO
    that would make jim in his 80,s:),
    Its the first of many,young players,more coming off the conveyor belt,

the next time you have trouble setting up a new boiler don't be ringing an ould fella of 87 to help you

fitted that one today co 26 spot on no problems

to be fair if you beat tipp/Waterford/cork/kilkenny/galway in the same year you deserve to win it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

87 -45=

87 -45=

42 when I was in school plus vat and carriage :p:p:p

Advertisement