Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Total lunar eclipse, July 27th 2018

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If you're in Dublin. Forget it. Too much cloud to try and see it.
    what clouds ?

can't see them through the rain :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

I like this shot from Greece found on theguardian.com

4151.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

Like the rest of you I didn't see a bit of it but we don't have to wait long for the next one - January 21st 2019 at the unsociable hour of 4:41am. Granted it will be winter and freezing cold but those cold winter nights can often be crystal clear so here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

I saw it but with 25 degree temperature and open skies in central Europe.
    Mars was really bright.
    It went on for so very long.
    I had to drive to the far side of the valley as the moon was on my side of the valley.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I was in Portugal for this and got to see the moon mostly obscured, with Mars, Saturn, Jupiter and Venus streaked across the sky. Unfortunately they only camera I had was my phone which was useless because the moon just completely blows out on it. It was great to see though. Even managed to get my wife excited about it as I explained what we were looking at over dinner.

• Advertisement
Advertisement