Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seetec/Jobpath advice

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,809 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

blowin3 wrote: »
    Thank you Wanderer78 they text and sent letter. But I think I am obliged to go to their meetings or sign off. It would be easy to sign off as I said I am getting plenty of hours but with this government who knows what next week will bring.

when did they last text you and send the letter? have you officially finished the job path program?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

The letter and text both this week. I never was on a program ( as far as I know) last year as I was working I used to go to meetings when I was off and available. The lady I was dealing was really nice and apologetic about bringing me in on my day off.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,809 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

The letter and text both this week. I never was on a program ( as far as I know) last year as I was working I used to go to meetings when I was off and available. The lady I was dealing was really nice and apologetic about bringing me in on my day off.

my understanding, and i could be wrong, you were probably officially on the job path program run by turas nua. were you sent there by your local welfare office?

I have no contact with my local social welfare office for a long time. But the lady on the phone said that my name was given to them by SW. But I have been working in this job for nearly 2 plus years.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

I am working (2 years ) but on X and O's . I get prob one payment every 4 to 5 weeks due to a short week. But I dont want to sign off as I am agency and that can change overnight.

X & O's whats that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

fryup wrote: »
    X & O's whats that?
    lf you are working part time or with irregular days and want to claim Jobseekers for the other days then you are given a sheet with the days of the week on it and you fill it out with an X or an O depending on if you worked that day or not. If you have worked 3 days or less in a week then you may be entitled to a payment depending on how much you earn etc.

lf you are working part time or with irregular days and want to claim Jobseekers for the other days then you are given a sheet with the days of the week on it and you fill it out with an X or an O depending on if you worked that day or not. If you have worked 3 days or less in a week then you may be entitled to a payment depending on how much you earn etc.
    Thanks for explanation. In my case at the moment I am working over 3 days a week so I get noting .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^

and you're still expected to go to TN appointments?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Johnnycanyon

Mr.H wrote: »
    You didnt tell SW where you went to work?

I love how people see social welfare payments as a right. Sad really.

You know revenue and SW are connected yea?
    I informed them by letter that I had got a job and no longer needed to sign on..Where I am working is not their concern..And I am damn well very entitled to claim social welfare having been paying into the system for the last 43 years..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I informed them by letter that I had got a job and no longer needed to sign on..Where I am working is not their concern..And I am damn well very entitled to claim social welfare having been paying into the system for the last 43 years..

Why are you entitled? You get 9 months of stamps. Thats it. Its not your money to claim. It is money people who work are giving you to look for a job. If you spend all your time arguing about job path maybe you could just get a job?

As far as none of their concern. Says it all really. You expect to be given a hand out and then tell the person paying your bills that its none of their concern.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Johnnycanyon

Why are you entitled? You get 9 months of stamps. Thats it. Its not your money to claim. It is money people who work are giving you to look for a job. If you spend all your time arguing about job path maybe you could just get a job?

As far as none of their concern. Says it all really. You expect to be given a hand out and then tell the person paying your bills that its none of their concern.
    So you are basically telling me if I pay for car, house insurance and I have some type of accident I have no right to claim? I have paid prsi for nearly half a century and because I became unemployment for a few months I have no right to claim SW? What a ridiculously stupid attitude you have, you probably think Oaps and disabled people should be left to starve .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

Hmm how about you stop pontificating to others, and get down off that high horse.You never know.You might like it.;)

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

So you are basically telling me if I pay for car, house insurance and I have some type of accident I have no right to claim? I have paid prsi for nearly half a century and because I became unemployment for a few months I have no right to claim SW? What a ridiculously stupid attitude you have, you probably think Oaps and disabled people should be left to starve .

I didnt say any of that. I said you have 9 months of stamps which you are entitled to claim from your prsi. This is not me attitude. This is the government policy. Ive been through it myself. Stamps only last 9 months. No longer.

The government are telling you that apart from that 9 months your working life means nothing toward entitlement.

After 9 months you are treated the exact same as someone who has never worked. You can claim and ask for assistance while you seek employment and as long as you comply with the rules you will receive job seekers. The rules are that you look for work and you take any help afforded to you by the social welfare to seek work. That help includes jobpath and solas.

People can bitch all they want about tax payer money but people are on job seekers for years and not able to get work. They obviously either need help to get work or else they would be in work.

Most of us pay our mortgage. Pay for our car. Pay for our kids to go to school. Work more hours than we should and get very little pay or thanks. But we cant all decide to be unemployed for a long period just because we feel entitled. Its life. Its hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Balagan1

I didnt say any of that. I said you have 9 months of stamps which you are entitled to claim from your prsi. This is not me attitude. This is the government policy. Ive been through it myself. Stamps only last 9 months. No longer.

The government are telling you that apart from that 9 months your working life means nothing toward entitlement.

After 9 months you are treated the exact same as someone who has never worked. You can claim and ask for assistance while you seek employment and as long as you comply with the rules you will receive job seekers. The rules are that you look for work and you take any help afforded to you by the social welfare to seek work. That help includes jobpath and solas.

People can bitch all they want about tax payer money but people are on job seekers for years and not able to get work. They obviously either need help to get work or else they would be in work.

Most of us pay our mortgage. Pay for our car. Pay for our kids to go to school. Work more hours than we should and get very little pay or thanks. But we cant all decide to be unemployed for a long period just because we feel entitled. Its life. Its hard.

To stick to the facts: my understanding of the posts is that you are replying to someone who is actually working, who secured their own job without help from JobPath but who, like many others on the discredited JobPath set-up, was receiving phone calls asking for details of their employment to secure payment for having found them a job - which they didn't.

We all have our bugbears, of course, but it's best when this forum works as it should: that people can ask questions about benefits and assistance payments, share their experiences, get answers and clarifications to the best of everyone's knowlege, and not have those experiences or questions misrepresented.

Balagan1 wrote:
    To stick to the facts: my understanding of the posts is that you are replying to someone who is actually working, who secured their own job without help from JobPath but who, like many others on the discredited JobPath set-up, was receiving phone calls asking for details of their employment to secure payment for having found them a job - which they didn't.

Stick to the facts of course.

The fact is that someone is not sent to the job path programme (which existed long before seetec) when they are long term unemployed or i gather when they are suspected of working cash in hand.

Somehow the story on here is always "i was sent to seetec but i found my own job off my own back". Well why didnt you find said job before you were sent to seetec?

Then of course there is the whole taking credit rubbish. Who cares if jobpath take credit? What, your saving the tax payer yea? The tax payer who you have been living off of this whole time until jobpath helped you get a job.

A friend of mine was complaining about them recently. Same argument. Got a job by himself. Said they forced him to do an interview course and a cv course. Made him do mock interviews and so on..... so they helped prepare him yet he feels because they didnt walk him to a job that he got the job off his own back?

The provide a service and help people who want help. If you dont want help then how can they help? Of course they deserve to be paid. Unemployment is at a brilliant low right now. Jobpath while aparantly has been discredited is the most successful back to work scheme we have in this country. Problem is too many politicians looking for votes from a certain demographic who love to blame everyone else for their issues.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement