Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

App developer

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

GarIT wrote: »
    I'm just struggling to understand how money can be extracted from a papyal account faster than PayPal and with lower fees
    I have an amazing idea for an app. It is a blockchain based ml driven analytic and pythonic solution to the infamous ninja cowboy problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭boreder

I can transfer my papal funds to my debit card in seconds, using the PayPal app. Up to a threshold of $500 (I think), for $0.25 fee.

It's literally there by the time I hit 'transfer' and then open my bank app.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

boreder wrote: »
    I can transfer my papal funds to my debit card in seconds, using the PayPal app. Up to a threshold of $500 (I think), for $0.25 fee.

It's literally there by the time I hit 'transfer' and then open my bank app.

In ireland?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Axwell wrote: »
    Why are the businesses the problem? A takeaway that signs up to use Deliveroo or Just Eat for example is already paying fees to be part of the platform, using PayPal just adds extra fees again on top of that. It would be madness for them to be accepting payment via PayPal unless they were charging you more for that ability to offset the fees, also the fact it would be the minority of people who would use it to pay versus their normal debit card.

You see a problem which you yourself have and are disagreeing with anyone who says others don't need it or wouldn't use it without any research into it at all. Most people that have a PayPal account are also most likely to have a debit card, what is the advantage of being able to move money around and pay extra to use money that is in their PayPal account versus just using their debit card as normal and transferring the money in their PayPal over to their bank account whenever they decide to.

Going back to the original request - you want someone to make you an app. What is the functionality of the app, what is the process, the user flow..how will it work..do i get a physical card that I can transfer money to? You don't seem to have any of this information thought out and want to hire someone to make an app but the requirements of your service go far beyond just having an app. This is nothing more than a barely fleshed out idea right now and you are far away from the point of needing a developer to make an app.

Any answers OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

GarIT wrote: »
    I'm just struggling to understand how money can be extracted from a papyal account faster than PayPal and with lower fees

PAAS IOT Agile Blockchain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭counterpointaud

OP you may be interested in the product Stripe announced today: https://stripe.com/issuing

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JoeySaps

danbrosnan wrote: »
    Need some to build an app, have an idea that just might make money!

I work with mobile development. Id sign an NDA to hear your idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Five pages in and no mention of the headwreck that is AML Legislation and regulation which is still applicable in the world of micro-payments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

JoeySaps wrote: »
    I work with mobile development. Id sign an NDA to hear your idea.

He’s explained it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JoeySaps

He’s explained it.

But meeting with someone in person and going through the ins and outs is different. Ive been doing this a long time but thats your comment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

JoeySaps wrote: »
    But meeting with someone in person and going through the ins and outs is different. Ive been doing this a long time but thats your comment

Ok good luck if you think this is viable.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭garyskeepers

bpmurray wrote: »
    Reality check: I have 40 years experience of software development

Hey mr murray.. I have a friend with some ideas for apps he might be looking to have developed. Can you pop me a message when you can

Advertisement