Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

everlast75 wrote: »
    The public relations rehabilitation of the Republican Party begins??

I don't think so. I think this was just Cox and his opponent being civil. You think the Party of Trump would tolerate this? Remember, the GOP == Trump at least until 4 November.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Surge in Republican registrations may mean something or nothing at all! Independents may be as high as 40% of voters in some places.
    In the past couple of weeks, key battleground states like Florida, North Carolina and Pennsylvania have received a lot of attention because Republicans have seen a spike in voter registration numbers.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-a-surge-in-republican-voter-registration-might-not-mean-a-surge-in-trump-support/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,170 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

https://twitter.com/stuhunter1/status/1319029598059986944?s=19

Florida and Pennsylvania in play.

Texas tied i think according to latest poles

• Registered Users Posts: 21,202 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I don't think Pennsylvania is in play at this point. Needs something dramatic for Biden to lose it. Florida is in play as the poll is within the margin of error of 4%.
    Biden is 6% ahead in Wisconsin and nearly 8% in Michigan.
    Looks like those 3 are almost locked in. However many others are very close but in play.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

everlast75 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/stuhunter1/status/1319029598059986944?s=19

Florida and Pennsylvania in play.

Texas tied i think according to latest poles

When was PA not in play? I've just been accepting this last while it was.

Florida numbers are very encouraging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Water John wrote: »
    I don't think Pennsylvania is in play at this point. Needs something dramatic for Biden to lose it. Florida is in play as the poll is within the margin of error of 4%.
    Biden is 6% ahead in Wisconsin and nearly 8% in Michigan.
    Looks like those 3 are almost locked in. However many others are very close but in play.

Biden's on the home stretch at this point, they just simply can't afford to let their guard down until after polling day though not after 2016, I'm pretty certain at this point Trump is sunk and that he's finally gonna be flushed along with his toxic agenda and idelology, will be a pain for them to cleanup the mess his administration left behind but at least he'll be gone. What would be the best outcome is a Democrat majority in Senate, Congress and Biden in the White House, would give them at least 2 years to undo at least some of the damage this toxic rag has caused.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

So, it appears that Iran may have joined the election manipulation 'game' by spoofing threatening e-mails to Democrat-registered voters in Florida that appeared to come from the Proud Boys.

John Ratcliffe and Christopher Wray announced the Iranian plot last night, implying that a new 'player' finds interference in US elections to be a worthy goal. So, thats Russia, China, DPRK, Iran now all attacking the system. I wonder who will use this to 'prove' a rigged election?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Multiple off topic posts deleted.

This thread is for discussions related to the Election process.

Discussions about candidates or other political topics are for other threads

Infini wrote: »
    Biden's on the home stretch at this point, they just simply can't afford to let their guard down until after polling day though not after 2016, I'm pretty certain at this point Trump is sunk and that he's finally gonna be flushed along with his toxic agenda and idelology, will be a pain for them to cleanup the mess his administration left behind but at least he'll be gone. What would be the best outcome is a Democrat majority in Senate, Congress and Biden in the White House, would give them at least 2 years to undo at least some of the damage this toxic rag has caused.

Take the challenge! Fill in the electoral map and come back to us with your numbers including how you chose the swing states.

https://edition.cnn.com/election/2020/electoral-college-interactive-maps

• Subscribers Posts: 41,258 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I'd love to see trump take a Jimmy Carter-esque beating on this election.

Amazing to think texas is actually in play here.

• Advertisement

Gbear wrote: »
    I understand the need for Americans not to rest on their laurels and let things slip from their grasp, or not wanting to jinx things, but over here we can afford to call a spade a spade. We've no skin in the game.

Biden's shaping up to mop the floor with Trump. Many a slip twixt cup and lip and all that, but if the threat from Trump wasn't so enormous, and if there wasn't a serious concern that he's going to succeed in stealing the election, there'd be basically no debate about who was going to win.

Fair points!

On that basis, it seems to me that Biden is home, even if he doesnt win FL and TX, unless there is a huge surprise that gives PA and the entire rust belt states to Trump.

Right now, with a very high % of votes already cast, the Presidency is for Biden to lose! Whether he carries enough seats to flip the Senate then becomes the big question.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Did anyone see the FBI press conference last night?

Iran has hacked voter data and are sending threatening emails to voters.

No evidence anyone hacked anything. The voter data that was used is commercially available.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,170 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

And to announce it around the same time Obama was giving trump a verbal spanking was such a coincidence...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭paul71

Voter registrations are a matter of public record, so what are you talking about?

paul71 wrote: »
    Voter registrations are a matter of public record, so what are you talking about?

So all the voters private data is public for all to see? Email addresses? Not likely.

I'd imagine Iran used the same insecure voting systems such as Oregon and Washington we were discussing earlier.

Do you have any facts to prove your statement or only posting to spread fud and confusion?

They are accused of sending threatening emails. Where did they get the email addresses?

Iran with nuclear weapons is a threat to no one.

Iran funding terrorism all over the world is a threat to no one.

You can't seriously believe this.

There was a mechanism in place to control Iran. Trump wrecked that. He is the best thing that could have happened to aggressive policies of Iran, he even handed back the advantage to Iranian backed militias in Syria by abandoning the Kurds.

So all the voters private data is public for all to see? Email addresses? Not likely.

I'd imagine Iran used the same insecure voting systems such as Oregon and Washington we were discussing earlier.

Your imaginings are irrelevant as evidence.

A quick Google search will show you multiple services that will provide ALL the information (incl. Email addresses) needed to contact voters. Here's just one example:

https://dmdatabases.com/databases/specialty-lists/registered-voter-mailing-list-email-list

So, you're simply creating / spreading a 'voting systems hacked' narrative when its simply not necessary for anyone to hack anything.

They are accused of sending threatening emails. Where did they get the email addresses?

Tom just answered that, you don't "hack" voter registration, you simply ask for it.

• Advertisement

Tom just answered that, you don't "hack" voter registration, you simply ask for it.

Wow, so voter email addresses are available to everyone?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/justice-department-press-conference-on-election-security-watch-live-stream-2020-10-21/

Seems the Iranians were sending threatening emails to democrats pretending to be from right wing pro trump groups.

Not sure who they are hoping to help or whether they just want to stoke unrest.

Wow, so voter email addresses are available to everyone?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/justice-department-press-conference-on-election-security-watch-live-stream-2020-10-21/

Seems the Iranians were sending threatening emails to democrats pretending to be from right wing pro trump groups.

Not sure who they are hoping to help or whether they just want to stoke unrest.

Already answered by Tom above, and I already pointed that out to you.

I note your lack of response to the fact that your idol was played by Iran.

There was a mechanism in place to control Iran.

Control Iran by giving them cash to fund terrorism. Really smart.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭Christy42

TomOnBoard wrote: »

A quick Google search will show you multiple services that will provide ALL the information (incl. Email addresses) needed to contact voters. Here's just one example:

https://dmdatabases.com/databases/specialty-lists/registered-voter-mailing-list-email-list

So, you're simply creating / spreading a 'voting systems hacked' narrative when its simply not necessary for anyone to hack anything.

That is idiotic. Why is that available? I get they have been doing it for years but that seems like a ridiculous breach in privacy. I guess EU and US have different views on personal rights but still, surely someone had to figure things like the above would be used by bad actors at some point.

TomOnBoard wrote: »

I watched the FBI conference where he said Iran and Russia accessed voter information. I presumed they were hacked

Christy42 wrote: »
    That is idiotic. Why is that available? I get they have been doing it for years but that seems like a ridiculous breach in privacy. I guess EU and US have different views on personal rights but still, surely someone had to figure things like the above would be used by bad actors at some point.

And with Name and DOB you can access home address etc.

No wonder identity theft is rampant in the US>

A NSFW take on the current attempt at creating scandals by the tGOP and why it isn't working. "It's the economy, stupid." Link shortener used because of swear-words in the URL.

https://bit.ly/3m9rWQu

Control Iran by giving them cash to fund terrorism. Really smart.

Hand them back a free card to enrich Uranium, that is exactly what Trump did, and they started doing that within 5 months of his master plan of ending to process whereby they agreed not to. Iran even told the international monitoring committee in a meeting in Moscow they were going to restart enrichment in advance of doing so because of Trumps withdrawal from the agreement.

It is only the continued support of the original agreement by Britain, France, Germany, Russia and China that has stopped Iran from going to the next level and enriching uranium to weapons grade.

https://www.nti.org/learn/countries/iran/nuclear/

A few months later he withdrew support from the only effective force actually in combat with Iranian militias. Not only not smart, it was unadulterated stupidity.

But I suppose that is a wall of text you are not prepared to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,202 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Trump failed to differentiate in the correct way, the US befriended Russia which under Putin is totally untrustworthy and made an enemy of Iran that can largely be trusted to adhere to a deal. Trump dumped on Iran for two reasons, firstly Obama had done a deal with them and secondly Iran was the enemy of his friends the Saudis. A cock up of a foreign policy.

• Advertisement

I dont know? maybe the Trump campaign itself? They had no issues handing over information to Russians in 2016...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/10/20/proud-boys-emails-florida/

Nope, they got the information from the insecure online voting systems as I had suggested earlier.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement