Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,642 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Can you find that post? I never said he would or could be better than Dak, I said he was capable which he showed in a few starts for the Jets. I also said that Rush would be a decent starter and was laughed at for that comment. I said that if Prescott was out that he'd do a good job and of course I was accused of saying he was better than Dak just like with White which I didn't say either time. I may have said that given the chance that you couldn't predict how good White could be but that wasn't saying he was better than Dak.

I'm waiting for Trask to get his opportunity which I think could be next year as I am pretty confident the GOAT will retire at the end of this season, and for good this time. I remember how lowly you rated him.

Look it's quite simple, I'm eliminating any QB from consideration based on the first thing I look at which is how they react under pressure because you can't change that. It's why I was wrong about Mahomes, he did crazy things when under pressure and I immediately decided that he wouldn't get away with those things in the NFL and I was wrong. I've a better record though than any of the so called draft experts in calling it on QB's coming out of college. I wouldn't be able to match their level with cornerbacks, linebackers or defensive edge rushers. I think I'm good with defensive tackles and safeties and definitely with wide receivers, tight ends, running backs, offensive tackles and centers, especially centers. I'm not very good on guards though. I'm not saying I'm better than them in any area outside of QB's though. I'm definitely better than them at that though and if you go find all my pre-draft posts regarding QBs you'll find that I'm not bluffing here.

You liked your guy wtih the niners, he's gone for the season now and I'm telling you he'll never be a starter in the NFL. I think Shanahan is quietly delighted he's gone because he can put his failure down to injuries. I told you I didn't like him or Fields and it's looking like I'm right on both.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,033 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I'd love to see them throw Mike White into a couple of games in the fourth quarter. That would show Dak that they might just go without him and see how he reacts to it, they might even get lucky and find they have a better QB on their roster.

You made this comment when Dak was looking for a new contract and then repeatedly doubled down, then a few weeks later White was cut by the Cowboys and spent the year on the Jets practice squad. White absolutely did not show he was capable last year, he had one crazy game and then fell completely apart. This is why a 37 year old Joe Flacco is ahead of him for the Jets - White would have again likely not even been on a 53 if it wasnt for Wilson's injury during the preseason.

Trask similarly can't get ahead of great Blaine F'in Gabbert on the depth chart. I did not say Trask was going to be terrible, just that he had a comparatively low floor and low ceiling, and that is all he has shown to this point.

I didn't comment on Rush previously but so far what he has shown against poor competition is that he is most likely a decent backup. Over the last few games he played for a team where their defense is did a fantastic job, not conceding more than 17 points in any game, where he barely had to play from behind, and didnt need to throw more than 235 yards in any game. This is what you expect from a decent backup over a 3 game stretch, he did nothing beyond that. Absolutely zero fans would be excited if Rush was announced as their team's starter next year.

Where all this self-congratulation is coming from by you I do not know, you were able to identify guys who were drafted to be back-ups who have since proven themselves to be back-ups (or back-ups to the back-ups) - whoop-de-doo. Will leave it there as no one wants to see a bunch of back and forth from us on this well worn topic.

I never said in that post that White was better. My comment is ' they might even get lucky and find they have a better QB on their roster.' How is that considered saying that Mike White is a better QB than Dak Prescott? I said they might get lucky. At no stage did I say that White was better or even close to Dak's level. I just wanted to see them throw him in and hope he did well enough to get Dak to stop his ridiculous demands.

So I'm making this stuff up you say. Here's some reading for you.

Best QB in that draft class by a long way. Bortles, Bridgewater and Manziel were all taken in the first round. Carr in the second.

Yes I was all about Matt Ryan. Still going after 14 years.

As you can see above I was very high on Andrew Luck over a year before he entered the draft.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/59972695/#Comment_59972695

As you can see I liked Stafford, didn't rate Sanchez and didn't even have Bradford in the top 20 picks.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/92629969/#Comment_92629969

There you see me not being sold on the guys that went 1 and 2 in the draft. While I mentionied others they were going to go very deep in the draft. I wasn't projecting that they'd be starters.

First two QB's taken and I didn't like either of them. I'll admit that I liked Barkley and had a belief that he'd make it if he got to sit behind the right QB for a year or two. He got to sit behind Vick and Foles and I can't really say whether that was a good thing or not.

Watson was being projected as a third round pick and I said your team should take him there.

I'm sure you remember that my two favourites last year were Lawrence and Mac Jones who I think have been the best two to this point in their careers. I wasn't against Wilson either but didn't rate Fields. I said I thought Jones was a better prospect than Lance.

I believe we were of the same mind about this draft class in that there was no outsanding pick and that Pickett was probably the best prospect in the class.

I looked for my thoughts on Kyler Murray but couldn't find them, I didn't rate him and still don't. I couldn't find my thoughts on Patrick Mahomes but I didn't think he'd make it. I couldn't find my post about Cooper Rush either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,063 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

His know-it-all-ness is grating and condescending.

It's a wonder he doesn't' have a job within the NFL with all the knowledge.

When was the last time you posted on this forum? Have you ever posted here? What do you know about the game?

I'm posting here for over 15 years. I'm following the game for 39 years. I was a season ticket holder at Foxboro Stadium for three seasons when I lived in the US. I played amateur football while I was there too.

The post just above where you posted I showed my comments on many QBs before they were drafted as I was told I was making it up. I also admitted that I got it wrong on one of the greatest ever and some other good ones too.

So off with you back to wherever you came from and don't come back here spouting crap on a subject you haven't a clue about. That subject is me in case you are not smart enough to get that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Have a PM if ye want to bitch to each other lads

I'm done, I was told I was bluffing/lying and provided proof I wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Blut2

Arguing with someone who has 33,720 posts on an internet forum is a bit of a fools errand. Anyone who posts an average of 7 times a day, every single day, for 15 years, will just drag you down to their level - as witnessed pretty consistently by eagle eye's posts attacking countless posters in this thread.

You mean drag you up to my level where you haven't a clue and I'm talking specifically about you.

Remember you posted this?

Tom Brady is going to be 41 at the start of next season. Hes in exceptional shape for his age, but his performance is going to crash sooner rather than later. Betting on the 26 year old Garoppolo would have been a far better move for the Patriots.

• Advertisement

Well if somebody new is going to insult me you hardly expect me to ignore it? I didn't call anybody a liar/bluffer. I didn't call anybody stupid or post insulting stuff about them. I'll respond to these things if they are about me.

I confine myself to talking about football unless somebody starts doing stupid crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Blut2

Did you just go through 5 years of my posting history, across probably 1000 posts, to bring up a quote from 2017?

Thats hilarious, talk about unintentionally proving my point about you having no life. Get off the computer and go outdoors dude.

I just proved how cluless you are. I have a life and I don't spend all day on the computer. I do spend a lot of time watching football. I've often watched every snap from every game in a week and that's on top of watching about six college games per week.

I only sleep four hours per night so I've loads of time for everything.

This thread should be a PM FFS. You're only talking to each other

Have you anything to talk about besides bitching and moaning about what's going on? Like if you start a conversation maybe it'll move things on.

The last time you posted anything besides giving out was the over/under passing yardage for two QB's on 22nd September, and just complaining or disgusted by it. That was hardly worth responding to.

Sorry for posting on the "Eagle Eye Ego Thread"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,312 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Really don't see the issue with a debate. It's not as if there'd be much else on the forum to read midweek otherwise (other than the tedious 'list of predictions and I'm 46 - 42 for the year' posts). If you aren't interested in the debate then it's very easy to just scan the posts and see its a continuation and ignore it.

Anyone seen the Antonio Brown video circulating this week? Very NSFW before you start looking for the video, completely exposed himself at full mast in a swimming hotel pool full of guests in Dubai. Discussion on it seems to be anywhere from a load of charlie to the most visual CTE we've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,063 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

That fella definitely has CTE. Not the full shilling in any case.

It's got to be CTE, there was never any reports of incidents before 2018. Very sad to see a player falling apart like this and such a great one at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,838 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Matt Rhule fired by the Panthers

Suprised it hasn't been mentioned here yet but Devante Adams has been charged with misdemeanor assault by police in Kansas for pushing the ESPN photographer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Scandalous from what I saw. The idiot cameraman decides to run across the tunnel as players are exiting the field. Adams just reacted to what came in his path. Fair enough he could have helped him up but the blame should be on the cameraman in my opinion as he caused the incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Christy42

Don't push people because they run in front of view. Happens all the time in everyday life and no one has to push anyone.

They are going through the motions because it is the US and the camera man needs to cover himself in case an injury is found later that could bankrupt him. He will get a small pay out. Adams will get a fine and probably a 1 game suspension which seems fair to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,560 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So Nashville will hosting a super bowl at some point then.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,838 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Cardinals have traded for Robby Anderson

Brown looks like he's done for the season and Hopkins back next week. I don't know what happened to Robbie in Carolina but the QB standard has been awful there I suppose. Mightn't be much better in Arizona but this gives Murray a different look with two big, athletic receivers to throw to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I read today Josh Gordon was cut from the Titans practice squad

I had forgotten he was even in the league! Was such a talented player but seems a long time ago now

NFL films will make a great documentary about him one day

A very sad case. Between recreational drugs and Peds he was always in bother and he had so much talent. He could have been one of the best in the league.

• Advertisement

CMC to the 49ers

Advertisement