Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

It's gonna be gas when Wentz ends up at the Colts anyway.

Also, the Texans mire is continuing to get worse and worse. I don't feel so bad as a Broncos fan these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

I wouldn't be a fan of mcdaniels but he beats the **** out of those bloody adam base rumors I keep getting sent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

nerd69 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be a fan of mcdaniels but he beats the **** out of those bloody adam base rumors I keep getting sent

I wouldnt wish him or Adam Gase on any team in the NFL!No fan should have to go through that

phatkev wrote: »
    I wouldnt wish him or Adam Gase on any team in the NFL!No fan should have to go through that

Would cause riots in Philly can't see how a team could justify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,023 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Rioting fans won't want to hear it but it may get to the beggars cant be choosers point. They aren't an attractive location to land for top HC talent - very bad cap position, aging team, GM looking like he could be in trouble, QB room mess, locker room issues, demanding fan base...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

nerd69 wrote:

So absolutely nothing new with philly

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Rioting fans won't want to hear it but it may get to the beggars cant be choosers point. They aren't an attractive location to land for top HC talent - very bad cap position, aging team, GM looking like he could be in trouble, QB room mess, locker room issues, demanding fan base...

Yera there's 32 teams in the league you can do better than adam gase

brinty wrote: »

Much like the nomadic steppe people's there only an issue when they unite against a common foe

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Funny.

If josh McDaniels hadn’t shafted the Colts than frank reich would have still been in philly and it’s hard to predict what would have happened but it was clear reich and wentz had a connection. In my years supporting the eagles this may be the most challenging off season they’ll have. More than one issue to solve. Howie roseman should have been fired with Doug but Jeff Lurie likes him it seems.

Itssoeasy wrote:
    In my years supporting the eagles this may be the most challenging off season they’ll have. More than one issue to solve. Howie roseman should have been fired with Doug but Jeff Lurie likes him it seems.

I have to agree with this. Eagles are in cap hell, with very few realistic options to get out. They're hugely over the reduced cap already. There's barely anyone they can cut that gives them enough cash saving. Wentz is decision that has to be made. They're in the place to get a QB in this draft to replace Wentz and Hurts but who's going to take wentz and his contract. Reich might but the Eagles would have to send high picks with Wentz for colts to take his contract.

It's glorious to see this all crumble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

It looks like the Eagles want to tank for the next 4/5 seasons if they are remotely considering McDisaster or the noxious windbag.

Seriously - how badly do you really want to wreck a franchise?

It looks like the Eagles want to tank for the next 4/5 seasons if they are remotely considering McDisaster or the noxious windbag.

As a Cowboys fans I've no complaints about this

• Registered Users Posts: 37,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Seriously - how badly do you really want to wreck a franchise?
    Who's McDisaster, if you are referring to McDanield it's be nice if you used his proper name instead of a childish nickname so we could all be certain who you are talking about.
    I've no clue who 'the noxious windbag' is.

phatkev wrote:
    Amazing how people pick on the coaches.
    How do you rate Rex Ryan and Todd Bowles? I personally think they are two excellent coaches but chose the wrong job because the owner is bad.
    I think Saleh is going to find that out very shortly.
    Gase has a bad rep because of some of the things he did but he was with the Jets so it's hard to really know.
    I'd be willing to risk taking on a former Jets head coach than somebody who didn't do well at any other franchise.

As a Cowboys fans I've no complaints about this

Yeah because the cowboys are overflowing with success. I’ll admit it’s gone to **** and I’m not happy about it but the eagles have been in two Super Bowls(should have been more) in the last 20 years and won one and have been to at least five NFC championship games in that time period. The cowboys have only won four playoff games total in 25 years. It’s a bit ridiculous at this stage.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Yeah because the cowboys are overflowing with success. I’ll admit it’s gone to **** and I’m not happy about it but the eagles have been in two Super Bowls(should have been more) in the last 20 years and won one and have been to at least five NFC championship games in that time period. The cowboys have only won four playoff games total in 25 years. It’s a bit ridiculous at this stage.

:D:D

tenor.gif?itemid=5577709

Itssoeasy wrote:

That's how poor that cowboys have been and yet the Eagles are still in our shadows

adrian522 wrote: »
    :D:D

tenor.gif?itemid=5577709

You may have got the popcorn out unnecessarily Adrian. I hate the cowboys and cowboys fans hate the eagles. That’s no big secret.

brinty wrote:
    That's how poor that cowboys have been and yet the Eagles are still in our shadows
    Lol, a recent Superbowl winner in your shadow?
    I think you need to wake up and stop dreaming.

In your shadows ? The only shadows the eagles have ever been in with Dallas was playing in that stupid stadium with the hole in the roof(to let god in or whatever stupid phrase they used) and that field that when it rained looked worse than the field in the silverdome in Detroit after it was abandoned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

This is gas, funniest thing I've read on here in a while and I have no strong feelings about either team - you'd be the same fool taking the piss out of Liverpool fans a few years back if they said the same thing about Man Utd.

Dww4pptUUAA2xnZ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

eagle eye wrote: »
    Amazing how people pick on the coaches.
    How do you rate Rex Ryan and Todd Bowles? I personally think they are two excellent coaches but chose the wrong job because the owner is bad.
    I think Saleh is going to find that out very shortly.
    Gase has a bad rep because of some of the things he did but he was with the Jets so it's hard to really know.
    I'd be willing to risk taking on a former Jets head coach than somebody who didn't do well at any other franchise.

Gase is a horrible head coach, he's showed that with the Dolphins and the Jets!

Rex was a decent coach and provided some of my fondest memories as a Jets fan, but ultimately his ego ended up getting in the way. By the end of his tenure with the Jets the locker room was completing split in two, cant have that with a HC. He went on to do sweet fcuk all with the Bills and hasnt had a coaching job since!

Bowles is a superb DC, no doubt and he may be an excellent HC in time. But he showed many reasons why he was not up to a HC standard when with the Jets. His first downfall was his absolutely horrid game management, this could be expected with the majority of first time HCs but Bowles seemed to get worse as time went on. He also continually had one of the most undisciplined teams in the NFL.
    As I said, Bowles will get another crack at a HC job and I'd wish him all the best at it

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

It was reported earlier today that the new Lions head coach is going to be Dan Campbell, who is the assistant HC & Tight ends coach at the Saints, but it can't be officially announced until they are eliminated (or win the superbowl) this postseason.

Dont know much about him so hard to know how to feel about the hire, however one thing that does stick out is that he looks exactly like PC principal from South Park:pac:

sbs.jpg?w=640

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Lionbacker wrote: »
    It was reported earlier today that the new Lions head coach is going to be Dan Campbell, who is the assistant HC & Tight ends coach at the Saints, but it can't be officially announced until they are eliminated (or win the superbowl) this postseason.

Dont know much about him so hard to know how to feel about the hire, however one thing that does stick out is that he looks exactly like PC principal from South Park:pac:

sbs.jpg?w=640

Can't wait to see him check the NFCN's privilege.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Another late night of NFL followed by a days work with too many coffees had me thinking, EU is due to abolish daylight savings this year (as things stand*, we're not going to change our clocks in October 2021).

Am I right in thinking that will be even worse for us next year? If US go with daylight savings we'll be 6 hours behind won't we? So Sunday NFL for the second half of the season will be from 7pm to 1:30am.

* I say as things stand as I think there will be fuss kicked up if UK don't do it and we end up with a time zone difference to the north

😂 That's gold.

On the subject brady's played one year in the nfc and he has more nfc championship appearances than the cowboys since the mid to late 90s

�� That's gold.

On the subject brady's played one year in the nfc and he has more nfc championship appearances than the cowboys since the mid to late 90s

It’s funny alright. I mean the battle lines are well established. Eagles fans don’t like the Dallas cowboys and cowboys fans aren’t very fond of the eagles. They are living off that America’s team thing a lot. I’ve never understood why the team gets the excessive attention beyond what they should get. They’ve not won anything is years yet by right they should have. They last won a super bowl the year I turned ten for jaysus sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Here's a fun question... When was the last time anyone thought cowboys had a genuine shot at a superbowl

• Advertisement

Here's a fun question... When was the last time anyone thought cowboys had a genuine shot at a superbowl

I would have thought this year at the start of the season.

Advertisement