Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oldesters - What are you wearing?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭twignme

I'm 62, and while I am very happy to don a smart suit for work or the little black dress and heels when required, more often than not in my down time the clothes are skinny jeans, converse or ankle boots, biker jacket or washed out denim shirt and my trusty arab shemag.
    Oh, and a little dab of Chanel No5 behind the ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Embossy

twignme wrote: »
    I'm 62, and while I am very happy to don a smart suit for work or the little black dress and heels when required, more often than not in my down time the clothes are skinny jeans, converse or ankle boots, biker jacket or washed out denim shirt and my trusty arab shemag.
    Oh, and a little dab of Chanel No5 behind the ears.

You sound like a real cool 62 year old twignme! I notice that mature ladies are more likely to wear trendier clothes than men of a similar age. I also wear skinny jeans and biker jackets, but I have seldom seen males of my age dressing like I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭twignme

Embossy wrote: »
    You sound like a real cool 62 year old twignme! I notice that mature ladies are more likely to wear trendier clothes than men of a similar age. I also wear skinny jeans and biker jackets, but I have seldom seen males of my age dressing like I do.

Thanks Embossy. I recall my late mother many many years ago, refusing to go into what she called a ‘cardigan shop’ for clothes. I didn’t understand then, but I do now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 cavu

Embossy wrote: »
    It's the non-conformity of a middle aged male wearing skinny jeans! I have never seen a man in my age group wearing the skin tight jeans that I wear.

There's good reason for it. ;)

Some fashions are best outgrown :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Embossy

For me, clothes are how I express myself and stand out from the crowd. My look could be described as Biker/Rocker - long shoulder length hair, earrings, denim, black leather and boots. I have no intention of changing my look just because I have reached a certain age. So, it's a case of Rock On!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,491 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

finla wrote: »
    I've been wearing shorts for the last two months. I find the older I get the less I care about what anyone thinks about my clothes. I wear what I feel comfortable in!

Me too.
    Love my shorts and polo shirts. Might wear a body warmer over the polo when it gets cool. Dress for comfort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

So tweeds are out then for all of us? Not the merest hint of twin set and pearls for any of the ladies here? Thought not.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    I think we have been asked to post photos of ourselves a long time back and I believe only two here have ever done so, not me. Today I was.......adorable! ;)
    There are probably dozens of photos of me scattered throughout Boards. I've never been one to shy from a camera lens nor to hide my light behind a bushel. :D
    Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    So tweeds are out then for all of us? Not the merest hint of twin set and pearls for any of the ladies here? Thought not.
    Love a good tweed. Have plans to go island hopping in Scotland later this year in search of some nice whiskys and hopefully picking up a couple of bolts of tweed for a new suit.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

You always were one of a kind OG! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I'd blush but no-one would be fooled by that. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

cavu wrote: »
    There's good reason for it. ;)

Some fashions are best outgrown :pac:

People say that because they have literally outgrown them and skinny jeans are never sexy with a beer belly hanging over them.
    If I didn't have one, I'd wear them too...

Advertisement