Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How appellants are treated in DR

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Beasty wrote: »
    No I'm saying the threads are still there plastered with posts from you stating this post has been deleted

Hence I stated the underlying details are no longer available

"Plastered with posts" from me? Interesting turn of phrase eh? How exactly would you expect a user to have a thread in the DRP if not to post in it?

You reply above is a prime example of how a mod treats a poster in the DRP - a classic "headmaster speaking down" to a user. Well done on your perfect illustration.

However, I must reveal, I was in fact referring to earlier accounts with my comment - of course, boards.ie no longer knows which earlier accounts were mine - or at least that is what they told me when I requested the posts from them were also deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

No I'm saying the threads are still there plastered with posts from you stating this post has been deleted

Hence I stated the underlying details are no longer available

:D

Don't even attempt to post in DRP, lest you be accused of "plastering" the place with comment.

Still though, the point remains. It's ok for Admin etc to drag up previous, but it's "unreasonable" to dispute historic sanctions.

It was ever thus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

If they have ongoing relevance they can be considered at mod level when issuing the initial sanction

So here's a contradiction. Historic cards have "ongoing relevence" in bans as a result of a "totting up" process.

So what you are saying here is that Admin etc may reference them, but the appellant may not refer to them, nor appeal them, if Admin etc deem that to be "unreasonable".

That is pretty stacked against users, if you'd be honest about it for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭droidman123

....... wrote: »
    +1

Having been the subject of treatment that amounted to someone trying to humiliate me and force me to grovel I would no longer ever consider it an honest and usable feature of the site.

This is a regular feature in the drp.i often wondered why anyone would put hours of work in for a private profit making company for no pay.over the years it has become clear that the "payment" is their little control panel and the free reign to belittle people in the drp.this is not my opinion,its a fact,its there for everyone to see.the prison forum used to be a free for all for them until we got that stopped.the last (and only) feedback thread i started warning them about their behaviour was abruptly closed with some tinpot excuse.i really dont understand why anyone would use the drp at all

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Over the years it has become clear that the "payment" is their little control panel and the free reign to belittle people in the drp.this is not my opinion,its a fact

This statement is quite personally insulting. I’m sure many other Admins & CMods also feel the same.

How do you honestly expect to have a reasonable discussion when you insult people like this? I genuinely have no interest in engaging with you because you clearly do not accept that I am coming from a place of genuine intent.

• Advertisement

dudara wrote: »
    This statement is quite personally insulting. I’m sure many other Admins & CMods also feel the same.

How do you honestly expect to have a reasonable discussion when you insult people like this? I genuinely have no interest in engaging with you because you clearly do not accept that I am coming from a place of genuine intent.
    I,d like to know where the insults are? What part of what i said is not true and why? I simply pointed out facts.

The fact that you can’t see how it is insulting is frankly amazing. You’ve questioned the personal integrity of every admin and CMod and yet you don’t see how that’s offensive?

The fact that you can’t see how it is insulting is frankly amazing. You’ve questioned the personal integrity of every admin and CMod and yet you don’t see how that’s offensive?

Now you are making things up and totally exaggerating,i ask again,what part of what i said do you not agree with and why?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

"Plastered with posts" from me? Interesting turn of phrase eh? How exactly would you expect a user to have a thread in the DRP if not to post in it?

You reply above is a prime example of how a mod treats a poster in the DRP - a classic "headmaster speaking down" to a user. Well done on your perfect illustration.

How the hell can you look to take offence at such comments?

Really??

I guess that's the nature of some posters around here, including the OP who is frankly like a dog with a bone in this thread. "Oh look! another chance to feign offence"

If you have a look at the threads yourself you will see exactly what I mean, but that really does not suit your agenda, does it?

• Administrators Posts: 13,772 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

..... free reign to belittle people in the drp.this is not my opinion,its a fact,its there for everyone to see......

I really dont understand why anyone would use the drp at all

I don't believe I have ever belittled anyone in the DRP forum, and I think I have overturned as many cards as I've upheld.

That's a fact.

• Advertisement

I don't believe I have ever belittled anyone in the DRP forum, and I think I have overturned as many cards as I've upheld.

That's a fact.

I was generalising and didnt pinpoint anyone in particular,the people that do it know who they are,and so do i

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Now you are making things up and totally exaggerating,i ask again,what part of what i said do you not agree with and why?

What's true for you, using your life experience and judgement, doesn't make it a universal truth.

What's true for you, using your life experience and judgement, doesn't make it a universal truth.

But its there in black and white for everyone to see.a question for you,do you with all honesty see nothing at all wrong with the way some people in the drp are spoken to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

But its there in black and white for everyone to see.a question for you,do you with all honesty see nothing at all wrong with the way some people in the drp are spoken to?

Frankly, no, having seen some of the prolonged behaviour of some posters that ended up there for.

DRP wouldn't be the first occasion that most there would have come to the attention of moderators on the site, there's normally a prolonged attempt to steer those posters back inside the rather broad parameters for posting on the site.

• Administrators Posts: 13,772 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I,d like to know where the insults are? What part of what i said is not true and why? I simply pointed out facts.

I was generalising and didnt pinpoint anyone in particular,the people that do it know who they are,and so do i

Don't generalise.. As dudara said, it's insulting. And it weakens your point.

The onus is on you. You framed your statement as a fact.

Please provide proof that "that the "payment" is their little control panel and the free reign to belittle people in the drp".

Frankly, no, having seen some of the prolonged behaviour of some posters that ended up there for.

DRP wouldn't be the first occasion that most there would have come to the attention of moderators on the site, there's normally a prolonged attempt to steer those posters back inside the rather broad parameters for posting on the site.

I think the problem is the admins behaviour has become indoctrined over the years and has become the "norm". Of course it will never be the norm and will always be unacceptable. As i have said umpteen times before,the reason why a poster is on the drp or their behaviour is completely irrelevant.lift the ban or dont lift the ban(neither is my concern) but its the way some people are spoken down to that makes the problem.i dont know if you have read a lot of the drps over the last few years,but it is clear that a lot of people have been ridiculed,belitted,and humiliated

Don't generalise.. As dudara said, it's insulting. And it weakens your point.

So are you saying i should name the mian culprits?

The onus is on you. You framed your statement as a fact.

Please provide proof that "that the "payment" is their little control panel and the free reign to belittle people in the drp".

Do you get paid for the hours of work you do for this private company?

How the hell can you look to take offence at such comments?

Really??

I guess that's the nature of some posters around here, including the OP who is frankly like a dog with a bone in this thread. "Oh look! another chance to feign offence"

If you have a look at the threads yourself you will see exactly what I mean, but that really does not suit your agenda, does it?

You expect me not to take offence when you reference a past DRP from me as being "plastered with posts"?

You cannot see how that is condescending? Really?

Then there is something very very wrong with your understanding of how to address people civilly.

As for the rest - I dont know what imaginary agenda you are talking about but I do know that if you had some basic manners and civility when interacting with posters then perhaps people would not take offence.

• Advertisement

Do you get paid for the hours of work you do for this private company?

That's not the point here, so stop diverting. You stated that payment was " their little control panel and the free reign to belittle people in the drp".

That's not the point here, so stop diverting. You stated that payment was " their little control panel and the free reign to belittle people in the drp".

You are the one constantly diverting from the previous questions i have asked.anyway,if you dont get paid the only logical reason i can see for anyone doing what you and others do is because it gives you the options to put down posters in the drp and prison forums and to have your wisecracks at other peoples expense.(when i say "you" i,m talking about the admins in general

• Registered Users Posts: 25,409 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

You are the one constantly diverting from the previous questions i have asked.anyway,if you dont get paid the only logical reason i can see for anyone doing what you and others do is because it gives you the options to put down posters in the drp and prison forums and to have your wisecracks at other peoples expense.(when i say "you" i,m talking about the admins in general

Or maybe they volunteer simply because they like the site and wish to keep it running smoothly?

As you are not willing to offer proof and substantiate your statement of fact, I am going to ask you not to post on this topic again. At this point you are spinning the same line continuously and not offering anything new.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You expect me not to take offence when you reference a past DRP from me as being "plastered with posts"?

You cannot see how that is condescending? Really?

Then there is something very very wrong with your understanding of how to address people civilly.

As for the rest - I dont know what imaginary agenda you are talking about but I do know that if you had some basic manners and civility when interacting with posters then perhaps people would not take offence.
    Again you choose to have a dig

Your appeal threads have numerous posts which simply state "this post has been deleted". All your posts in the relevant threads say that. Plastered is a figure of speech highlighting the fact those posts say nothing else. But again, go ahead and take offence, as you seem very keen to do whenever providing "feedback".

And yes I will be civil when appropriate, but when I see the likes as yourself in threads like this, I occasionally decide to post in a way that highlights the absurdity of positions you may look to take.

Your agenda is quite clear, and indeed quite blatantly put within feedback threads. You do not like the way the site is run, and you look to take whatever opportunities you can to display your discontent. I often wonder why some of you bother posting in feedback, unless you get some kind of kick out of having your little digs

And yes, I'm having a dig, because it seems to be a way of life for some posters so I feel on occasion I am entitled to give as good as I get

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭KyussB

In fairness, Boards has a widely held public perception, of mods being 'overly fond of their control panel' - as it was put.

It seems a bit silly getting offended by it and debating over it - it's a reputation the site has well earned - making an argument over it and restricting someone from the thread over it, creates a perception of proving the posters point tbh - a perception which would easily be avoided by *shock* less use of mod powers...

If someone's not being overly constructive on the thread, there's no need to try to pick at something to skewer them on a technicality - it looks less bad to just let the strand of the conversation end naturally, or just tell them to knock it off without thread banning.

In one strand of discussion, a poster taking offence with that dismissed by admins/cmods, in another strand of discussion, an admin taking offence with a poster threadban in place...perhaps thicker skins would help...

Here you go

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057897868 - 8 posts in one page - apologies a 9th post said "bump"

and here

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057856610

11 posts all saying "this post has been deleted"

Yes I know you exercised your right at the time to have those post deleted, but I was highlighting the irony that despite saying you won't use the process, you have successfully done so on 2 occasions. As I mentioned above, "plastered" is an entirely appropriate description given the underlying posts are no longer available

I don't know what your prior account(s) was(were) so obviously cannot comment on those, but as this account has been active for over 2 years I suspect they were some time ago

Again you choose to have a dig

Please point out what dig I made?
    Your appeal threads have numerous posts which simply state "this post has been deleted". All your posts in the relevant threads say that. Plastered is a figure of speech highlighting the fact those posts say nothing else. But again, go ahead and take offence, as you seem very keen to do whenever providing "feedback".

You do understand that the posts once had content yes?
    And yes I will be civil when appropriate,

Shame that you do not realise that in a professional capacity one should always be civil.
    ...when I see the likes as yourself in threads like this...

The likes of myself? Do elucidate?
    Your agenda is quite clear..

Well your imagination certainly is.
    And yes, I'm having a dig....

Dig away if it makes you feel good. Your posts only reflect on yourself.

Its funny, because another poster has made the point on this thread that the DRP is used for mods here to wield their power and try to belittle people.

Unfortunately Beasty. your posts over the past day or so towards me do little to disprove that point.

From incivility to a chip on your shoulder to an imaginary agenda - its pretty telling stuff.

Unfortunately Beasty. your posts over the past day or so towards me do little to disprove that point.

From incivility to a chip on your shoulder to an imaginary agenda - its pretty telling stuff.
    I am happy to stand behind every post I have ever made on this site. I think anyone reading this thread (and my posts) can make up their own minds

• Advertisement

I am happy to stand behind every post I have ever made on this site. I think anyone reading this thread (and my posts) can make up their own minds

I 100% agree with you.

Advertisement