Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Received a warning for saying exactly the same thing as another user who did not.

Options
  • 28-03-2018 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi, can you confirm when you sent the PM to the mod? Please allow the mod some time to reply before we proceed with this process

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Thanks for confirming. I'd like to give the mod some more time to respond. However, I will also alert the CMods to this DRP.

This thread is to discuss your card ONLY. The actions of others are not for discussion here.

If you want to have a discussion on general moderation, please contact the relevant mods, CMods or open a thread in the Help Desk.

• Advertisement

The CMods have been notified and they will take the next step in the process.

Note - making insinuations like the post above do you no favours. Please make your case civilly and without recourse to allegations.

We simply ask that people make their case civilly. We have closed DRPs in the past because the poster was more intent on soapboxing to the public, or insulting mods, rather than engaging in the process.

Engage in the process, and all is fine.

• Advertisement

The CMod will review and provide a response to you.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Hi ......., I'll look into this for you. I'm really sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

My role here though is to just review whether the mod action was justified in a specific case or not, but doubt I can be much help on the general site queries you have referred to. Where I can help though, I will.
    ....... wrote: »

Not a fan of grovelling myself so I think we are grand on that score. :)

Can you link me to the part of the thread/ posts that are relevant here, and forward on anything that is relevant via pm or by posting here, which ever you prefer and I'll take a look today & this evening.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Thanks, that's very helpful.

It's quite a long thread, but I will do my very best to resolve this either today or tomorrow all going well.

Trying to get my head around the cards you mentioned took a while!

From what I can see, they are as follows - please let me know if I'm wrong:

1: Yellow card for Post 2854 Towards Nick, not appealed
    2: Yellow card for Post 3373 Towards JC, appealed and reversed in a previous DRP
    3: Red card for Post 3489 Towards Nick, downgraded from a red to a yellow upon discussion with mod.
    4: Yellow card for Post 3895 Towards EOTR, which is the subject of this current appeal.

You accused the poster of soapboxing /trolling on 8 different occasions: 1139, 1360, 1440, 3026, 3831, 3886, 3892, and finally 3895 which resulted in a yellow card.

I can see you genuinely feel the poster is soapboxing, however mods don't share that view. At this point anyway.

I feel that you are saying that because mods did not specifically use the word "soap boxing" in their mod thread notes and in their pm messages you feel that you were not sufficiently warned prior to getting the card.

However when you feel someone is soap boxing on a thread the procedure is to notify the mods and let them review it. There are in the region of 40+ mod warnings in that thread but the absence of a specific phrase does not mean that a poster is free to engage in that behaviour on thread instead of reporting it.

In this instance the mods did address it, on thread, in post 3835, one of their 40+ mod notes on that thread. They did not specifically say "soap boxing" because they do not feel the poster is soap-boxing but they did acknowledge there was an issue with the posting style and asked the poster to engage in debate properly. You continued with the accusations three more times after this mod warning dealing with the poster. Therefore I'm upholding the yellow card.

I can't see any evidence of special allowances or leeway given to any posters behind the scenes. And the day that I'm told to treat one poster differently from another doing the same thing will be the day that I step down as a c-mod and mod.

Having said that, I'm not a regular in the religious fora so I'd be happy to have an admin review my decision for you, if you feel that I'm missing some nuances?

We crossed posts - yep, I'll give an admin a nudge now for you.

• Advertisement

The behaviour of another poster has ZERO to do with this DRP. This DRP deals only with your posts and how you choose to post.

You were carded by mods in response to your behaviour. This was behaviour you chose. I can see how you were frustrated by the other poster, but you chose to respond to him. You could have ignored them, you could have reported them, you could have placed them on ignore, but you responded despite the mod warnings.

Card upheld.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement