Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Suckit wrote: »
    I've not used one, but that and the pocophone F1 seem to be on offer in many places at the minute. Just a heads up if buying.

It was €159 on German amazon before I left my house earlier. I just checked it now and it has gone back up again, but may be worth watching. (2.3 inch :D)
    https://www.amazon.de/Xiaomi-Lite-32gb-Dual-Sim-Gold/dp/B07FYN3DV1/

I think €180 is the normal Amazon price.

Ah cool and its just the fact the a2 lite caught my eye , nice design and decent specs for the price and cheers for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 coolbeanz93

Hey lads I lost my Redmi note 4 and am torn between going for the Meizu 15 lite and the Mi a2 lite. Meizu have opened a new shop on Aliexpress which gives about 20% off, bringing it down to 190 including vat free postage. That's about 20 more than the mi a2 lite. I was just wondering is that a bargain and is it a better overall phone than the mi a2 lite because I really do like the look and screen size of it. here's the link - https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Global-Version-Meizu-15-Lite-M15-4GB-32GB-M871H-Smartphone-Snapdragon-626-Octa-Core-5-46/4424199_32912042959.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Hey lads I lost my Redmi note 4 and am torn between going for the Meizu 15 lite and the Mi a2 lite. Meizu have opened a new shop on Aliexpress which gives about 20% off, bringing it down to 190 including vat free postage. That's about 20 more than the mi a2 lite. I was just wondering is that a bargain and is it a better overall phone than the mi a2 lite because I really do like the look and screen size of it. here's the link - https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Global-Version-Meizu-15-Lite-M15-4GB-32GB-M871H-Smartphone-Snapdragon-626-Octa-Core-5-46/4424199_32912042959.html

The mi a2 lite has a higher res screen and more storage because the a2 has got 64gb as standard on them from the ones i have saw on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

The battery alone would make me buy the MI-A2 Lite

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

30421602738_3abe086745_b.jpg
    MI- Cloud are looking for money off me - anyone ever get this message ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

30421602738_3abe086745_b.jpg
    MI- Cloud are looking for money off me - anyone ever get this message ?
    Yes,to buy more storage

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭hooplah

could anyone reccommend a phone for the missus?

I'm looking for something ideally sub €300 with NFC. Ideally it will ship from within the EU. I've had a look aroudn but I'm new to Chinese phones and am having a hard time navigating the similar model names.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

hooplah wrote: »

I'm looking for something ideally sub €300 with NFC. Ideally it will ship from within the EU. I've had a look aroudn but I'm new to Chinese phones and am having a hard time navigating the similar model names.

www.kimovil.com and you can pick what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

What size screen are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭GBX

https://www.honorbuy.com/28-eu-direct Check on here. Plenty of options and direct from EU so no customs. Couple of days delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,055 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones/f_max_d+eurPrice.290,f_min_dr+value.3072,f_min_ds+value.32768,fe_storage-external-storage,i_fp+slug.front:side,fe_bands-lte-b3-1800,fe_bands-lte-b20-800,fe_conectivity-nfc,f_min_d+batteryMah.3000,f_doba+slug.android,f_min_dobr+value.15

ive put in some more filters for you and came up with 9 phones

min 32 GB memory, 4 GB ram
    SD card expandable
    min 3000 mah battery
    fingerprint scanner
    android 8 or above
    Bands 3 and 20 for irish use

sub €300
    NFC included

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

sydthebeat wrote: »
    https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones/f_max_d+eurPrice.290,f_min_dr+value.3072,f_min_ds+value.32768,fe_storage-external-storage,i_fp+slug.front:side,fe_bands-lte-b3-1800,fe_bands-lte-b20-800,fe_conectivity-nfc,f_min_d+batteryMah.3000,f_doba+slug.android,f_min_dobr+value.15

ive put in some more filters for you and came up with 9 phones

min 32 GB memory, 4 GB ram
    SD card expandable
    min 3000 mah battery
    fingerprint scanner
    android 8 or above
    Bands 3 and 20 for irish use

sub €300
    NFC included

If op adds 20 to his budget and foregoes the SD card slot, then the Mi8 looks like a serious option, from Hong Kong Goldway on AliExpress.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭hooplah

That's great - thanks for all the help folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭corkie

Bad News: - Xiaomi Bootloader unlock now 1440 Hours (/60 Days)

012419q377537z7aeq5v3p.png.thumb.jpg
    http://en.miui.com/thread-3696038-1-1.html

yobeprgdzaj11.png
    xiaomi in a nutshell

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Can anyone help? Looking to buy a Doogee S60 Lite from an EU warehouse, but seems to be a real lack of stock everywhere apart from China/HK. Tried the usual suspects. Anybody have any tips or know any EU stores I might be missing?

Tazz T wrote: »
    Can anyone help? Looking to buy a Doogee S60 Lite from an EU warehouse, but seems to be a real lack of stock everywhere apart from China/HK. Tried the usual suspects. Anybody have any tips or know any EU stores I might be missing?
    https://www.amazon.es/DOOGEE-S60-lite-impermeable-inal%C3%A1mbrica/dp/B07BFQ7XY4/
    https://www.amazon.de/DOOGEE-S60-lite-Wasserdicht-Metallrahmen-Black/dp/B07BFPMDPZ/

Not EU but fast shipping + if it gets stopped for VAT, have €40 handy + €15 handling, bringing the total to a possible (with vat €205) €220.
    https://www.lightinthebox.com/en/p/doogee-s60-lite-5-2-4g-smartphone-4gb-32gb-16mp-mediatek-mt6750t-5580mah_p6566979.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Thanks, but already seen the Lightinthebox one. Was hoping to get it well under 200, as I can get the s60 pro model for 225 from an eu store.

It's on sale on Banggood. If shipping to UK they often offer tariff insurance. Not sure if they still do to Ireland.
    https://www.banggood.com/DOOGEE-S60-Lite-5_2-Inch-IP68-NFC-Wireless-Charging-5580mAh-4GB-RAM-32GB-ROM-MT6750T-4G-Smartphone-p-1273372.html

• Registered Users Posts: 17,877 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I would seriously recommend people looking in the €300 range have a look at the Mi MaX 3, its an insanely good piece of kit.

Thargor wrote: »
    I would seriously recommend people looking in the €300 range have a look at the Mi MaX 3, its an insanely good piece of kit.

Even by modern phablet standards, it's big. How do you find it, handling wise?

• Advertisement

corwill wrote: »
    Even by modern phablet standards, it's big. How do you find it, handling wise?
    Its slippy without a case like other metal phones but its a lot lighter than you expect and you get used to it after a day or two, I barely notice the size now, except when Im browsing/gaming/reading comics, the screen makes it a joy to use, its nearly distracting how good it makes media look, people at work keep taking it off me to look at. Calls/texts/messaging you dont even notice the size compared to a smaller device. Heres a camera test I did today from the Mi Max 3 thread:

FhPEppq.jpg

RFVYy63.jpg

eLN2k2s.jpg

Zdu8HQ0.jpg

4DGwkHN.jpg

cJJkf6W.jpg

JZrNzqj.jpg

epaGJmO.jpg

EWp8aou.jpg

qNuTnVK.jpg

UoQHzOy.jpg

jvZrjVD.jpg

kdrS0vg.jpg

oGdWVEa.jpg

NlK1Afp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭dougm1970

great photos them. but how is she at night ?

What I'd love it, or something close to that size, for is as a dedicated work phone, instead of the excremental iPhone 6S my current paymasters saddled me with a couple of years ago. Squinting at documents on the tiny screen while away from the desk is infuriating. Nevermind how much I dislike iOS, and the way our IT and security policies have ruined it even further...

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shamrock 64

Interested in a Huawei Honor Note 10 from dhgate.com ,good price and great specs for the global version also great you tube reviews, anyone know them,also they say it ship's via DHL,I presume I'd have to pay customs duty on it.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Hi has anyone any experience on sending a mi a1 back to honorbuy italy. As my loudspeaker is fecked up.do I have to pay postage.i remember reading something about if I paid through PayPal I don't

dougm1970 wrote: »
    great photos them. but how is she at night ?
    Definitely in need of improvement in night shots according to various Youtube reviews, lots of that static/noise you get on some phones. Apparently installing the Google Camera apk completely cures that though so hopefully just a software issue...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭corkie

massy086 wrote: »
    Hi has anyone any experience on sending a mi a1 back to honorbuy italy. As my loudspeaker is fecked up.do I have to pay postage.i remember reading something about if I paid through PayPal I don't
    Suckit wrote: »
    Did you pay with Paypal?

https://www.paypal.com/ie/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

I returned an Item last week, cost me €18.44 tracked.
    Paypal refunded it in full.

Unlikely they will refund the whole lot whatever you get charged in the end, but it will soften the blow.

Why are you returning? If you don't mind me asking.
    Is it under Warranty?
    You could also remove the battery and ship without it.

You have to pay for postage but paypal will refund some of the costs.

Good luck getting somewhere to ship an item with battery etc.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

corkie wrote: »
    You have to pay for postage but paypal will refund some of the costs.

Good luck getting somewhere to ship an item with battery etc.
    Do I have to tell them it's a phone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭dougm1970

Thargor wrote: »
    Definitely in need of improvement in night shots according to various Youtube reviews, lots of that static/noise you get on some phones. Apparently installing the Google Camera apk completely cures that though so hopefully just a software issue...

yea. it transformed the camera on my wifes mi a1.
    but on the mi max 3 you have to root. giving up OTA updates etc....and messing about getting apps like snapchat..banking apps etc to work.

• Advertisement

massy086 wrote: »

I think the other poster was returning to China.
    The paypal returns are handy for returning items that aren't faulty or within the EU.
    If the item is faulty and is still under warranty and was purchased within the EU, then they have to cover the shipping expenses etc. So you needn't have to use paypal.

It doesn't matter what they say. Honorbuy 'Warranty'
    How do I make a return or exchange ?
    Simply include in your package, along with the defective unit, our warranty card for items
    one paper write detailed description of the problem your e-mail address.
    Securely pack and seal the return merchandise in an appropriate box or envelope, and send it back to us using a safe shipping method.
    PLEASE NOTE: honorbuy.com does not assume return shipping costs.

If they sold it within the EU and you purchased it within the EU then they must follow this:
    https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/index_en.htm
    Free of charge, 2-year guarantee (legal guarantee) for all goods

Under EU rules you always have the right to a minimum 2-year guarantee at no cost, regardless of whether you bought your goods online, in a shop or by mail order.
    This 2-year guarantee is your minimum right. National rules in your country may give you extra protection: however, any deviation from EU rules must always be in the consumer's best interest.
    If goods you bought anywhere in the EU turn out to be faulty or do not look or work as advertised, the seller must repair or replace them free of charge or give you a price reduction or a full refund.
    As a general rule, you will only be able to ask for a partial or full refund when it is not possible to repair or replace the goods.

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/faq/index_en.htm
    • The trader in Spain is ready to repair my faulty camera, but who has to pay for shipping back and forth?

Under EU law, within the legal guarantee period of two years, defective products must be repaired or replaced without any cost to the consumer. This includes shipping costs. So, in principle, the seller should cover all shipping costs (your sending the faulty camera to the seller; the trader's returning the repaired camera to you).
      However, the trader may wish to examine the camera to check whether it was defective when you bought it. In this case, you may have to pay to return the camera and ask to be refunded the shipping costs if the trader agrees that it was defective.

Advertisement