Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could possess one historical and one mythical /fictional artifact

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

Hitler's Diaries would be a nice coffee table book.

Along with the Voynich manuscript

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Historical: The Bible, first ever tablet/written form.
    That would most likely be Ezra's personal copy produce at the rebuilt temple in the mid 450s BC with other members of the priestly cast. He had been order by Cyrus the Great of Persia to create a standard form of the Israelite religion.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,753 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Any, or all, of the Amber Room. Looted at the end of WW2, no trace since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

A tie fighter for going to town
    &
    A tiger tank.

For going to town

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Historical : I'd like the private luxury steam train the Tzar and Tzarina of Russia used travel in complete with gold cutlery and Fabarge knicknacks. Woukd be lovely in the garden as a retreat. If things got bad and I had to sell the house I just could just endlessly travel around the country in it and want for nothing.

Fictional. The salmon of knowledge. Then I would posess all knowledge could get a job as anything (QC, neurosurgeon,stockbroker, actuary) and make a fortune with no training,skill or effort.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Historical : I'd like the private luxury steam train the Tzar and Tzarina of Russia used travel in complete with gold cutlery and Fabarge knicknacks. Woukd be lovely in the garden as a retreat. If things got bad and I had to sell the house I just could just endlessly travel around the country in it and want for nothing.

Fictional. The salmon of knowledge. Then I would posess all knowledge could get a job as anything (QC, neurosurgeon,stockbroker, actuary) and make a fortune with no training,skill or effort.

To be honest you could get the baps out and go into "reality" TV and do that - but I would stick with the fish!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The One Ring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

tricky D wrote: »
    Any clock John Harrison made/designed.

" And the bid is at 3 and a half MILLION pounds"

(Rodney faints) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Real (picked for conversation value and love of subject):
    Miamioto Mushashi's sword (greatest swordman ever)
    Steve McQueen's bike from The Great Escape (stil think he might make it over the wire)
    Jesus Christ's foreskin (He went bodily to heaven, but His fs is surely around somewhere as it was cut off years before)
    Lee Harvey Oswolds rifle (cause, y'know...JFK is cool)
    The Irish flag from GPO 1916

Fantasy -
    The One Ring (drat - beaten to it!)
    Light Saber from Star Wars
    My own hour-glass from Deaths great library
    The time tunnel from the tv show The Time Tunnel
    A knife-missile (from Ian M Banks "Culture" novels)

Advertisement