Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dating Foreigners

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,204 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Well, it is fairly established that the majority of migrants to Europe tend to be male. Ireland did have an influx of non-EU females prior to 2004, but many of those were literally landing off the boat and ready to give birth.

I'd reckon that those would contribute to skewing the relative figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I am long off the market but when I look back to my teenage years and then early 20s, I found alot of irish girls to be stuck up. Of course it has to be said that these were all girls and not women. So a young person being stuck up is not unhead of.

Then again I remember when I was 25 and I went out for a friend's birthday. I was like a fly on the wall with her mates at one point (all Irish) All being catty and slagging each other when a person was away from the group. Turned around to the b-day girl in question and asked is this how women are in groups? She slowly nodded yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

It’s a buyers market at that age, though as a poster above said it can be too late to suddenly change your type in your thirties when you burned your bridges already.

The cattiness is not just an Irish thing, the term frenemy, came from women. Men generally don’t tolerate that. We have our own bullsh*t though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

keep the family line pure , like the lads in x files that kept the mother under the bed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Haha come on.

..well there’s continentals in the billions; that appear closer relations than many of even our closest siblings yet they’re not concerned with diversity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭BaywatchHQ

In this 21st century dating climate men need to take any pussy they can get. This is why all types of women can get boyfriends, even obese women. It doesn't work the other way around, ugly fat men can't get girlfriends so easily.

Men are more likely to be simps nowadays, being white knights if any one says anything against women or feminism. They think women will respect them more for this but they will still date misogynist Chad over ugly male feminist. Chad can get away with being a misogynist.

I mean...I'd argue that referring to women as simply "pussy" may go some way to explaining why the men you're talking about aren't 'getting any'.

To address what Baracus said about the younger women being stuck up, I find that to be the case myself. I live in the family home, don't drive, not working etc. Hardly quite the high flyer that I'd hoped. However, I've only ever gotten **** for those things from younger women. Shortly after my 19th I started using Tinder and Bumble with very limited success at the age range I set. 18-25. Did get a few dates out of it, but when it became obvious I wasn't on brain surgeon bucks, conversations fizzled out.

Since then I've been punching above my age range and have had far more success. Mostly women in their thirties. The vast majority seem to know what they want by that stage, and I'm infinitely more comfortable in the company of someone like that.

Oh and since this thread is titled "dating foreigners", yeah I've had far more luck with non Irish ladies. They don't seem to have the same outlandish expectations for a 20 year old that most of the Irish ladies do. In my experience anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

All women are materialistic unless you can offer them something like a big dick or status then they can forego materialism for a while to boost their ego. But on an individual level women are fine and I have no issue with them, like quite a few but I keep my distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭WillmaDickfit

the Africans put in hard graft in the hospitality industry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

There are absolute stunners of both genders in Ireland. Quite a few of them, in fact. However, they stand out so strongly because the contrast is so big.

There would have been a much bigger contrast years ago when going to the gym was very much a fringe activity. That's not the case now. I work in Maynooth which granted is a college town, but I'd very rarely see any overweight people.

fat Africans are very rare, mostly taxi drivers are obese but it's common in that line of work no matter what race, colour or creed you are. a very unhealthy profession

Who brought Africans into this?

Serious question. For the country, “at large”

Portuguese are another gang that wouldn't be fond of the graft. taxi and delliveroo drivers, I worked with a few on sites around the city pouring cement but once the 8hrs are up they're gone.

Or Portuguise, as I call 'em sure they give the impression then done for the day.

any luck with the foreigners since folks? I've had a few tinder dates , coffees and lunch, casual dress, nothing fancy, managed a bit of foreplay with one lady from Eastern Europe (Moldova i think) and some frolicks with a Senegalese lady I work with. all on all 6/10 rating for the Eastern European lady and 9/10 for the Senegalese lady

• Registered Users Posts: 20,639 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I used to about 18/20 years ago lovely girl from South African

Just didn't work out not because she was foreign just because we where both young & relationship then didn't tend to last too long

I'm married now to an Irish girl

But anyone who's single go date anyone you find attractive, id actually try to date as many different nationality's or cultures as you can you learn loads about people & yourself before you settle down ,

Plus loads of beautiful women from all walks of life out there so go explore them all

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭al87987

OP here, not sure anybody cares but after a two year delayed wedding (originally April 2020), we got married in Mexico last year and just had our first baby last weekend.

Aside from some compromises over holidays (we invariably go to Mexico which is great but samey), I love the added historical/cultural aspects and I don't think I could ever go back to not eating Mexican food on the regular.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,999 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

I agree however it seems most of these couples funnily enough are actors...anytime I watch an add on TV it's of a an Irish/white guy with a black girlfriend/wife. They must be meeting at acting classes strangely enough

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭growleaves

There's a radio ad on Q102.2 FM for a dating service aimed at women which says something like "Get away from the average joe at the bar."

The implication is that the average Irish woman is better than, or deserves better than, the average Irish man.

If that is a reflection of people's attitudes then no wonder some ordinary blokes end up marrying Brazilian waitresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭techman1

The general consensus here is that irish men date and marry foreign women but it is much less common for irish women to marry foreign men. However there is one big exception to this , irish women have married men from the ME , North Africa and Turkey However it never happens in reverse that irish men marry women from these countries.

I remember the Nazarin Ratcliffe case where she was detained in an Iranian prison for 5 years. The one thing exceptional about this case is that she was an Iranian woman married to a white British man.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I can see the logic of it if you look at it from a social class perspective, girls from South America or poorer parts of eastern Europe can come here and reinvent themselves and be a bit more reasonable with their dating choices whereas a guy rocking in from wherever isnt exactly bringing a house from Dalkey with them.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Does anyone have any facts about this or it’s just assumptions?

In any case I am sure the numbers dating non Irish from ‘developed’ / ‘first world’ countries are the same. Women tend to prefer dating a guy that earns the same or more as them. Men don’t care so much so will happily dare a good looking woman with limited career prospects, but that doesn’t necessarily translate the other way around- though I have seen it where the woman is on welfare herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭dmakc

Noticed this too. No white couples allowed in Irish TV anymore

• Irish men can be flattered by the attention of “exotic” ladies with interesting accents. I suppose those women from poorer backgrounds/countries see most Irish men as wealthy in comparison to them, hence a big part of the initial attraction, as well as maybe the better potential for a visa, a residence to share etc, but if they then prove themselves to be less financially stable than first envisioned the ladies will likely move on to better prospects.

On the other hand Irish women might take a somewhat more cautious approach to foreign men, but of course it’s easier to check up on backgrounds these times. Still we might be better able to size up our local men and maybe get a better idea what we are getting into. Irish men could find Irish ladies a bit more “challenging” in ways than “exotic” ladies as we question things and that doesn’t always go down well.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Should be interesting to see how you kid identifies. My son describes himself as Irish with a Swiss passport, where as my daughter describes herself as Swiss with an Irish passport! It never struck me until I heard them explaining it to an Italian immigration officer on one occasion when they were 8 and 10!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Fat Africans are rare? Are you kidding me 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,929 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I remember when I was younger I found it easier to talk to foreign women and therefore thought Irish women were too judgmental, hard to talk to etc.

It was basically because I had all these insecurities around them, probably having gone to single sex schools, not having any female friends as a teenager, no sisters, so that they were pretty alien to me. My first proper gf was when I was 19 and she was a Canadian student in Dublin. After her I would always meet foreign women while out in Dublin or when abroad but never really Irish wans.

Once I got to my mid 30s or so, moved back home after years abroad and broke up with an Irish girl who I nearly married, all those shackles and prejudices I had were gone and the dating scene was great in Dublin. It's just so much easier to go on dates etc. with Irish women who get your humour and quirks and the idiosyncrasies of our language.

So it was just down to lack of confidence for me, wasn't anything to do with anyone's nationality. Anyway my current gf was in the same primary as me and grew up down the road, so that's where I'm at now.

Overall I find it way easier with a local gal, my brother got involved with a South American and there's a child involved and the whole thing is an absolute nightmare for him now.

Shop local!

Advertisement