Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The All Ireland Senior Football Quarter Final Group Stages

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67,490 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

megadodge wrote: »
    I agree it was a red card, but YET AGAIN, no mention on the Sunday Game of an almost identical incident involving Kieran Donaghy, who absolutely 100% should have been red carded. It was straight in front of the ref. Strking action. OFF!!

Instead we have a Kerryman making none too veiled criticism of the ref who didn't send Donaghy off.

I thought Donaghy was a non event today. He spent most of his time being an annoying twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,006 ✭✭✭threeball

elefant wrote: »
    Amazing that almost every single thing Joe Brolly comes out with in analysing a game can be total nonsense.

'You wouldn't see that red card in hurling'. Wtf?

Even more amazing is the fact that everyone knows they talk scutter yet parrot it later on as if it's true. Galway have gained an undeserved reputation for being a defensive one trick pony for example which is completely untrue. But joe and his ilk rabbit on about it and others repeat it.

Plenty of other examples too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭munster87

I thought Donaghy was a non event today. He spent most of his time being an annoying twat.

He set up a goal there at the end! But yeah, didn’t do much in the 74 mins or so beforehand

• Registered Users Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Yeah it's Dose Cahill.

I know it is typo as I did not correct it before I posted,but at least I admit to making a mistake unlike the "experts' on the panel who get the fixture dates wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭megadodge

Agree, but he did set up the equalising goal, when he should NOT have been on the pitch.

• Advertisement

munster87 wrote: »
    He set up a goal there at the end! But yeah, didn’t do much in the 74 mins or so beforehand

Donaghys a passenger unless there's a small full back line to exploit like Galway last year. This year they didn't bother because O Ceallaigh is in there now so would physically match him. I presume they thought Wylie could be got at.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

I know it is typo as I did not correct it before I posted,but at least I admit to making a mistake unlike the "experts' on the panel who get the fixture dates wrong.

They obviously don't follow the hurling either given Cork Limerick is likely to be close to a sell out next Sunday.

threeball wrote: »
    Donaghys a passenger unless there's a small full back line to exploit like Galway last year. This year they didn't bother because O Ceallaigh is in there now so would physically match him. I presume they thought Wylie could be got at.

To be fair I am not Donaghy's greatest fan with his antics but he is some player under a high ball on the edge of a square. Kerry didn't give him the right ball today but he would cause chaos if they did with the likes of Clifford about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭munster87

Donaghy did nothing for almost the whole game. Sick of seeing him drifting out towards the middle when he’s playing as who needs a statue around the middle. But...he does take opportunities when they come his way

munster87 wrote: »

Kieran Hughes did as much to get the ball to Clifford (who he should have been watching) as Donaghy did. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭elefant

Even more amazing is the fact that everyone knows they talk scutter yet parrot it later on as if it's true. Galway have gained an undeserved reputation for being a defensive one trick pony for example which is completely untrue. But joe and his ilk rabbit on about it and others repeat it.

Plenty of other examples too.

Incredible that, after months of slating Galway for being too defensive, his entire segment was on Galway's poor defensive system. How many more division 1 teams do Galway have to beat before the tune changes? Dublin still the highest scorers this year against the bad system, with 18 points.

It's frustrating that he's taking up time that could be put to relevant, interesting analysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Kerry are done for.

Galway will run out the B team and save themselves for the semi final. Monaghan to give them a thumping and March into the semis alongside them

elefant wrote: »
    Incredible that, after months of slating Galway for being to defensive, his entire segment was on Galway's poor defensive system. How many more division 1 teams do Galway have to beat before the tune changes? Dublin still the highest scorers this year against the bad system, with 18 points.

It's frustrating that he's taking up time that could be put to relevant, interesting analysis.

He's a spoofer. If we somehow managed to win the all Ireland in a 8 points to 7 stinker he'd claim that we threw the shackles off and that's what was needed all year.

Kerry are done for.

Galway will run out the B team and save themselves for the semi final. Monaghan to give them a thumping and March into the semis alongside them

Not a chance. Galway will go balls out to top the group. No way they want to head to the semis off the back of a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Agree, but he did set up the equalising goal, when he should NOT have been on the pitch.

He was being pulled dragged and manhandled all day long and got nothing from Deegan so maybe he deserved a break. I think a yellow card was adequate for that incident personally, he was on the turn and didn’t make contact. Monaghan got away with a similar one on O’Shea in the first half.

He set up 1-1 in the dying minutes of a tight game despite 2-3 lads hanging off him btw. That’s hardly a non event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

I agree it was a red card, but YET AGAIN, no mention on the Sunday Game of an almost identical incident involving Kieran Donaghy, who absolutely 100% should have been red carded. It was straight in front of the ref. Strking action. OFF!!

Instead we have a Kerryman making none too veiled criticism of the ref who didn't send Donaghy off.

Nothing new there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭omega man

Not a chance. Galway will go balls out to top the group. No way they want to head to the semis off the back of a loss.

And risk injuries / suspensions? I’m not so sure about that but I imagine momentum and avoiding dubs will be a motivating factor too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

omega man wrote: »
    And risk injuries / suspensions? I’m not so sure about that but I imagine momentum and avoiding dubs will be a motivating factor too.

My guess is that they wont risk anybody who might be carrying a knock. But it will be a reasonably strong team otherwise.

mickeyk wrote: »
    He was being pulled dragged and manhandled all day long and got nothing from Deegan so maybe he deserved a break. I think a yellow card was adequate for that incident personally, he was on the turn and didn’t make contact. Monaghan got away with a similar one on O’Shea in the first half.

He set up 1-1 in the dying minutes of a tight game despite 2-3 lads hanging off him btw. That’s hardly a non event.

Definitely deserved the line. No contact need be made, intent is as good a reason and he certainly intended to forearm smash the tackler.

mickeyk wrote: »

He has a way of backing very aggressively into the defender and trying to buy a free, surprised he isn't penalised more for it. I didn't think he got any more attention today than most forwards get in the modern game.

• Advertisement

He's a spoofer. If we somehow managed to win the all Ireland in a 8 points to 7 stinker he'd claim that we threw the shackles off and that's what was needed all year.

I thought Micheal Meehan would have been on tonight.He was excellent on the live games last weekend,also Tom Parsons who is recovering from that awful knee injury,has been also excellent when on the panel recently.Great to see some good new faces.

omega man wrote: »

Maybe anyone on two black cards might be rested but I doubt it. Momentum and only losing one game all year are reason enough. It's not in the DNA to take a fall as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭xECompanyx

Kerry are done for.

Uve it all worked out there sham. Ciarrai ABU

• Site Banned Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭DONTMATTER

Brolly just confirming that Roscommon are to be thrown into the B championship. A division one team.

My guess is that they wont risk anybody who might be carrying a knock. But it will be a reasonably strong team otherwise.

Plenty of good options on the bench for the first time in a long time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

DONTMATTER wrote: »
    Brolly just confirming that Roscommon are to be thrown into the B championship. A division one team.

Joe makes all the decisions now. Thanks for that.

Hyde Park has great potential to be a top stadium.Two new stands would look great there.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Joe makes all the decisions now. Thanks for that.

Donegal were beaten out the gate not so long ago by Galway. Teams can make a lot of progress in a short space of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

I thought Micheal Meehan would have been on tonight.He was excellent on the live games last weekend,also Tom Parsons who is recovering from that awful knee injury,has been also excellent when on the panel recently.Great to see some good new faces.

The new faces are not before time. The 'analysis' had long descended into into drivel.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭DONTMATTER

Another B championship promotion on The Sunday Game, still no talk of the financial inequalities which is causing the huge chasm in standards.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement