Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Extreme Rules 2018 (Spoilers)

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Bliss will do her double jointed thing and have Mickie as backup but yeah it will be a spotty way to make Ronda the champ.

Speaking of spots, fair play Owens! Hope they find a good role for him going forward cos he deserves it even if I don't expect him in the title picture soon and Zayn being gone may have put him into Limbo

Positive: We probably won't get Reigns vs Lesnar again at Summerslam
    Negative: It will probably just be a Reigns vs Lesnar vs Lashley triple threat.

unless they want Lesnar walking into his UFC bout as the Universal champion I'd still expect Braun to be the one walking out as champion but perhaps thats wishful thinking.

With regards Bray/Matt & The B Team, is it wrong that I kinda want some sort of ultimate deletion match for them at Summerslam with the ending being a visit to the lake of re-incarnation for who would then become known as Bo Wyatt or Brother Bo?

For the Sake of the Bludgeon Bros im happy they didn't lose. I could understand the feud going till Summerslam but with Kane maybe not sticking around and Bryan perhaps being destined to stay a singles star I dunno if the result will be any different. Maybe the Miz will get involved to see to this

Finally 1 big positive (trying to focus on them) was that Rusev was made look strong. It was not a fully clean loss to AJ with English and the turnbuckle spot being blamed and he did actually kick out of a 450 splash directly after ramming his head into "the exposed steel". Considering how things went down and AJ being portrayed as the honorable heel maybe Rusev gets another title shot at Summerslam.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

The above was my mostly positive post now to go the other way with a look at how SD was represented:

Smackdown may be heading to Fox but it's not there yet and does seem to still be treated as the B show going by PPVs

Sanity vs New Day (Tables match) - Put on the pre-show
    Bryan/Kane vs BB - Short match with an injury angle on the pre-show
    Jeff vs Naka - Barely a match
    Carmella vs Asuka - another one that was more a spot/angle than a match
    AJ vs Rusev - Actually quite good but once again the WWE title does not main event a PPV with no universal title on it

still the show will probably be better than Raw

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i takes some doing from wwe to shove reigns down our throats as much they do while also simultaneously making him lose the big matches to lesnar or guys that are being built for lesnar

hard to believe he hasn't been champion in slightly over 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Going by only the 2 pages worth of posts, I think I definitely made the right choice going to the cinema last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,803 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Anyone else find it strange that if Dolph and Seth had a normal match that it would've gone about 20-30 minutes with only 1 victory, yet their Iron Man match had 9 wins in ~33 mins? I always find that with iron man matches. moves they usually kick out of are enough to score a fall.

Happy to see the B Team win.
    The Team Hell No outcome might have changed if Bryan signed a new contract.
    They really have ruined Asuka at this point. As Ric said she looked like an idiot. And this is the second time with how she spent ages looking at Ellsworth in costume last time.

So my understanding of the ultimatum is that Brock doesn't have to show for raw tonight as long as he agrees to a match?

I figured it out. This is all a long planned story where they hold a press conference where they strip Brock of the title, Brock turns up with a load of others as they're leaving after the conference and Brock throws a trolley at their bus.

Oh and I know they wanted to show the spot as much as possible and fair play to Kevin for taking it, but unless they could've hidden the stunt cushion better they shouldn't have shown it so much. It was pretty obvious in the second or third angle and then repeatedly after that.
    Did see one comment on twitter saying Owens was like a one man Attitude Era tribute with a stunner, "suck it" and Mankind off the cage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement