Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Extreme Rules 2018 (Spoilers)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,780 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

KO is insane

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

God just give Braun the title now.

Big Dog ala Batista to beat up Brock tomorrow night, Lesnar badly hurt...

BRAAAAAAUUUUUNNNNN!

Done deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Madness from Owens, that was a serious fall! Looked awesome, but the guy must be insane. Hopefully WWE give him sustained push for sacrificing himself to make Braun look awesome

Surly there not going to have the hulkster replace Kane here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Reigns vs. Lashley isn’t main eventing after all it seems, that’s a welcome surprise.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

No Big Dog main event? Colour me surprised.

This might... MIGHT actually be ok now it's not main eventing tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Necrominus wrote: »
    No Big Dog main event? Colour me surprised.

This might... MIGHT actually be ok now it's not main eventing tbh.

Until you realise Bliss vs. Jax is the actual main event because Ronda. Would they go there? I think they might. :(

Cant stay awake I'll watch the rest in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Crowd definately being muted for Reign's entrance there

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Wah? Wow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Natalya screws Nia here I assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,073 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Lashley wins. Who cares? The crowd were so meh. And why did it not go on last? Because Roman was losing. Shock, horror.

The B Team win. Who really cares? They're entertaining, but it's meaningless. And now we're going to have to put up with Bray v Matt. Christ, just end this nonsense of having them around each other. it's so fúcking hokey.

Fair play KO. talk about sacrifice for the sake of getting someone over. Braun looked badass. it could be the key to rehabbing Braun's aura, which has taken a hit recently.

Alexa wins. Who cares? it's boring now. and it was shít because Nia is shít. Ronda being associated with that garbage is of no benefit to anyone.

Carmella wins again. Fúck off. Asuka being destroyed for no good reason. and a babyface looking like a complete fúcking idiot for forgetting about the opponent and losing. Why would I want to cheer an idiot?

Nakamura wins. I didn't like it. Jeff, a babyface, looking like a tool turning his back on a known low blow merchant. Fúcking moron. Why would I want to cheer an idiot?

Bludgeon Brothers beat Hell No. WWE booking in 2018 is so fúcking stupid it makes the eyes water and the ears bleed. Bryan is being buried in front of our eyes. Someone who should've been the hottest thing in the company has been routinely beaten. Why? Because they think it's what got him over in the first place.

AJ wins. It was fine. A routine title defence. it's a testament to AJ and Rusev that they got anything out of the crowd after the amount of shít they got served before it. it did Rusev no harm at all. it'll mean nothing trough as he no doubt journeys on back down the midcard.

This fúcking company.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Lashley wins. Who cares? The crowd were so meh. And why did it not go on last? Because Roman was losing. Shock, horror.

The B Team win. Who really cares? They're entertaining, but it's meaningless. And now we're going to have to put up with Bray v Matt. Christ, just end this nonsense of having them around each other. it's so fúcking hokey.

Fair play KO. talk about sacrifice for the sake of getting someone over. Braun looked badass. it could be the key to rehabbing Braun's aura, which has taken a hit recently.

Alexa wins. Who cares? it's boring now. and it was sh because Nia is sh Ronda being associated with that garbage is of no benefit to anyone.

Carmella wins again. Fúck off. Asuka being destroyed for no good reason. and a babyface looking like a complete fúcking idiot for forgetting about the opponent and losing. Why would I want to cheer an idiot?

Nakamura wins. I didn't like it. Jeff, a babyface, looking like a tool turning his back on a known low blow merchant. Fúcking moron. Why would I want to cheer an idiot?

Bludgeon Brothers beat Hell No. WWE booking in 2018 is so fúcking stupid it makes the eyes water and the ears bleed. Bryan is being buried in front of our eyes. Someone who should've been the hottest thing in the company has been routinely beaten. Why? Because they think it's what got him over in the first place.

AJ wins. It was fine. A routine title defence. it's a testament to AJ and Rusev that they got anything out of the crowd after the amount of sh they got served before it. it did Rusev no harm at all. it'll mean nothing through as he no doubt journeys on back down the midcard.

This fúcking company.

decent PPV but nothing that goes down in the ages

Reigns will still end up being involved in the Universal title picture still and at SS will prob end up being a triple threat with Lesner/Lashley and Reigns with maybe a Braun cash in at the end

you forgot Orton returned too and is now doing sneaky low blows to taunt Nakamura. Poor Jeff is being made a tool of. Opponents of Nakamura know hes going to give low blows WEAR A DAMN CUP

What now for Woken Matt/Wyatt ???. Hopefully not a rilvary between the 2 yet again

I wonder will we see AOP going after the B team now for the titles ???

PTH2009 wrote: »
    decent PPV but nothing that goes down in the ages

this is the thing.

our standards for a 'decent PPV' have gone down the tubes, and I include myself in that.

if i get decent wrestling, i usually end up going - 'that was fine'.

but in reality, the vast majority of it is actually quite bad, because everything is meaningless. wins don't matter. so many stories are hokey and insulting to our intelligence.

i just want my wrestling to mean something every so often.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Never seen a crowd react that way to an Iron Man match before. I know I should feel bad for the duo involved but thought it was hilarious, especially when the clock vanished. Could easily visualise Vince going nuts backstage.

I'm hoping we might get some Deletion between Matt/Bray/B-Team. Pleased for the two lads though; both have been stalwarts for so long, and I think they deserve some sort of short title run.

Heh, I'm actually fine with Hell No losing in the way they did tbh. I don't see it as Bryan being buried - I see it as putting over the Bludgeon Brothers as a formidable team, something lacking in this day age re: Tag Teams.

I see a rematch at Summerslam (I know people want AJ/Bryan, but I don't think it happens yet), with Team Hell No going over. Reasonable cause for a rematch and I thought Bryan looked pretty strong even in defeat.

Braun/KO ending definitely the standout though. Just put the title on him now and Lesnar can fcuk off to UFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I hated that Nakamura Hardy match, as Ric said above, why would Jeff turn his back on a guy whose been using a low blow most of the year and then they bring Blandy out, and hes a heel again, or was he already a heel before or was he a face, i dont know or care anymore because his mannerisms never change either way.

Necrominus wrote: »
    Heh, I'm actually fine with Hell No losing in the way they did tbh. I don't see it as Bryan being buried - I see it as putting over the Bludgeon Brothers as a formidable team, something lacking in this day age re: Tag Teams.

I see a rematch at Summerslam (I know people want AJ/Bryan, but I don't think it happens yet), with Team Hell No going over. Reasonable cause for a rematch and I thought Bryan looked pretty strong even in defeat.

in a vacuum, yes, I agree with you.

but the booking of Bryan has been ridiculous, and any normal promoter would've tried to capitalise fully on Bryan's return, rather than trying to tell a convoluted story of him slowly coming back from being out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I hated that Nakamura Hardy match, as Ric said above, why would Jeff turn his back on a guy whose been using a low blow most of the year.

I was reading quotes from Jeff earlier in the week that he's stopped doing the Swanton at house shows cause his back is in bad shape. At the time, some on Reddit discussed him dropping the belt and then taking a break, to rest up.

Given how the match went, I wouldn't be shocked if he is hurt and couldn't do a proper match, hence the booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I really cannot stand Orton. Man hasn't been entertaining in a decade.

He is WWE's "I didn't do it!" kid but with a wrestling move.

"Do the move, Randy!" Now fúck off because you have nothing else even slightly interesting about you.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I was reading quotes from Jeff earlier in the week that he's stopped doing the Swanton at house shows cause his back is in bad shape. At the time, some on Reddit discussed him dropping the belt and then taking a break, to rest up.

Given how the match went, I wouldn't be shocked if he is hurt and couldn't do a proper match, hence the booking.

Fair enough but do it another way, dont make him look stupid by having him turn his back on a low blow artist, have blandy "attack" him backstage, and do everything they did in the ring, except the low blow, have him stagger out to the ring, ref asks if hes good to go, ring the bell, bang, Nakamura wins.

Fair enough but do it another way, dont make him look stupid by having him turn his back on a low blow artist, have blandy "attack" him backstage, and do everything they did in the ring, except the low blow, have him stagger out to the ring, ref asks if hes good to go, ring the bell, bang, Nakamura wins.

I think that'd make him look even more stupid tbh

I think that'd make him look even more stupid tbh

Fair enough, but i dont see it to be honest, he wanted to compete, nothing was gonna stop him competing, he didnt want to let his fans down.

It wouldnt have been the 1st time we seen something like that happen.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

That already happened in TNA but he was out of his head, they would probably not want such speculation about him again.

SlickRic wrote: »
    in a vacuum, yes, I agree with you.

but the booking of Bryan has been ridiculous, and any normal promoter would've tried to capitalise fully on Bryan's return, rather than trying to tell a convoluted story of him slowly coming back from being out.

That's fair. He hasn't been handled well, the feud with Big Lass (not a typo) a real stinker that benefitted nobody from the get go.

Interesting to see where this goes as I'm a big fan of the Bludgeon Brothers recently, I think they've actually bucked the trend in booking re: teams and look like stars since even before winning the belts.

Team Hell No beating them at Summerslam would be a perfect moment, although maybe not exactly what people want for DB right now (AJ match)

I just don't see this feud ending given the circumstances of the outcome last night.

Re: Shinsuke/Jeff, is it possible he wasn't fully clear of his injury and it was a way to heel him up more and put the belt on him? I know he fought AJ last week but...

Meh, probably not. It was daft regardless.

Orton back to sound of crickets. Stomps Jeff to the sound of crickets... typical Blandy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I can suspend my disbelief for a lot of things but Bliss getting offence in on Ronda will be hilarious.

Stephanie from what I remember hit her with cheap shots from behind at Mania. Nia, the size difference made it some bit believable but Bliss in a 1-on-1 match? Should be a 10-20 second demolition job.

DM_7 wrote: »
    That already happened in TNA but he was out of his head, they would probably not want such speculation about him again.

We'd have already seen that he was attacked, so fairly sure the crowd would be wise to his condition.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I can suspend my disbelief for a lot of things but Bliss getting offence in on Ronda will be hilarious.

Stephanie from what I remember hit her with cheap shots from behind at Mania. Nia, the size difference made it some bit believable but Bliss in a 1-on-1 match? Should be a 10-20 second demolition job.

With an arm snapping finale to save face for Bliss? :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

I dunno, the build for the ppv was probably worse than the show itself.
    Some people will never be happy with the booking. It's getting a bit ridiculous. For a throw away show with an awful build it had some surprises at least. It was an easy enough watch. It's literally a B ppv.
    The majority of the matches were entertaining.

Sanity and New Day was pretty good for what it was.

B-team winning the tag titles was unexpected, seeing them celebrate on the post show was worth watching. Bray and now a potentially Broken instead of Woken Matt will get their rematch. This feud is screaming out for the lake of reincarnation.

Lashley winning was mental, didn't see it coming at all. Thought that match was good too. Two power guys going at it, nothing spectacular but I never expected it to be. Also Lashley's post show interview was interesting, said several times he's the big dog now. Maybe they are trying to take that moniker off Roman or maybe he messed up his lines?! Says he wants Lesnar and the title, but doesn't care if Lesnar is striped of the title. He'll go for either or both.

Was really pissed off when Nakamura beat Hardy so fast, but jesus was that not the point? Screwing over a top babyface like Jeff is a massive heat builder. Confused about Randy coming out, but again a surprise of sorts. Basically a battle of the pr*cks on the cards.

Carmella won in a comedy spot with Ellsworth, it was entertaining. Asuka shouldn't be anywhere near this kinda crap. I was glad he got out of the cage straight away, at least it wasn't dragged out.

Bryan and Kane vs BB was short and sweet, there's no way they are finished with this one. BB looked great, Bryan against the odds again, and a tidy little match. Hopefully Bryan has signed that new contract so they can let him loose then.

Aj vs Rusev was pretty decent. Building towards English and Rusev split maybe? Aj always puts on a good match, Rusev sold the leg well. The ref actually pushed Rusev away at one point by shoving his injured leg! Ha!

Nia vs Bliss was a bit of a clusterf*ck, them passing weapons to Nia was brutal. Rhonda was sloppy for me, but super aggressive, she was the only one who came out of if looking somewhat decent.

The Ironman match did not live up to expectations. It's was boring. Nothing else to say about it really.

B- for me anyway.

Left out the Owens spot... that was cool. Match itself was rubbish. Handcuffs? You'd need 6 or 7 sets either arm for that spot to work with Braun! Haha

Advertisement