Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boyfriend issue regarding calls

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭skallywag

I can't understand how this is an issue for the OP. There must be a lot more going on in the background which we are not privy too which could somehow explain how anyone could possibly react like this to something which the far majority of folk would find so innocuous.

As for those using labels such as 'scary', 'unstable', 'controlling', this view of reality is certainly very much at odds with my own, and it genuinely dismays me to think that some may now hold such views over something like this.

He called the OP twice.

On a phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭cailin.

I don't agree with labelling the boyfriend as obsessive or needy. We don't know the context of the calls or the general communication pattern between the OP and her boyfriend. I do however see this as a non-issue which could have been easily resolved through open communication. Sometimes our partners will annoy us, and sometimes for no reason other than we are irritable but I get an undertone that there may be something else going on for the OP regarding the relationship.

How is the relationship after 22 months? You say there are no problems, but if you find yourself posting a relatively minor issue on an advice board then I'm wondering if there are things that you feel about your partner and bottle them up. Sometimes the extreme of not arguing at all is also a red flag imo, as generally a healthy relationships comes down to how you raise and respond to issues within the relationship.

Advertisement