Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a car for sale thread - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

An 05, I'd say that's about 50% of what it should be. Ad looks relatively legit though...

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Pops_20

A few people on YouTube are having a fit over the starting price of this.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202724068508

I don't know what these should be going for as I've never seen another one for sale, but it's not outrageous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭Technique

The guy that owns it does detailing videos on YouTube, he keeps it immaculate.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭theintern

Technique wrote: »
    The guy that owns it does detailing videos on YouTube, he keeps it immaculate.

I mean, not completely immaculate as the ad states...

• Some light to moderate kerbing to two of the wheels.
    • Touched-up light scuff on corner of the rear bumper that could likely be flatted and polished out.
    • Couple of rough edges of paintwork from a previous re-colour coding job could do with touching up.
    • Some bubbling of strut brace mounts.
    • Some rust on rear Bilstien strut, checked over and surface corrosion only with no leaks or impact on operation.
    • Some wear and tear to base of the front seats.
    • Hole in drivers floor mat (additional cheap eBay set supplied).
    • Scuff on top of drivers wing mirror cap.
    • Crack on bottom of rear cluster (no water ingress).
    • Scratch on lower section of turbo intake pipe from installation.
    • Lacquer lifting in a couple of places on carbon dipped engine plastics.
    • Some intermittent light noise/vibration from the front end at slow speeds, after an MOT plus bearings & driveshaft replacement, settled on it being creaky coilovers but hardly noticeable and no impact on handling or performance.

I wish every car for sale had that level of detail around the condition!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 GaryDublin

What do people think of this deal? Seems like a good price for the year, 152D reg.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-5-series-2015/21548565

Also, has anyone had any dealings with this garage, NG Motors in Rathcoole?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭noelf

19 year old Merc coupe less than 40000 miles £5795
    ..https://youtu.be/cJgDaOAAoHc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-m2-competition-package/22389524

ODZjYTBkYWZjYzYxMmU3NmU1ZTNiOGQxOWRiYmRmMWXgvjpqf0u7mz9rgzuh9pe2aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjgzOTIyNDh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

This is the M2 from the "BMW First" line up apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Colm Quinn have the x3 m40i that BMW had on the fleet too . 70k.
    Can’t imagine those cars were driven gently by people who hired them!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Is this not a AE92? Says AE96 in ad. Also is it actually the less desirable 1.5 and not 1.6 4AGE.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/corolla-ae96-fx/22126847

YWNmZGVkYjA3MTRmMTVkMzUwZTBkODlmYzMzZDNiZGMKNRuFEQJuFb6tO3hwPhCEaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjYzNTU2MzN8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Samuri Suicide

The dealer must be dumb and dumber

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

He's some comedian alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭digiman

carsfan2 wrote: »
    Colm Quinn have the x3 m40i that BMW had on the fleet too . 70k.
    Can’t imagine those cars were driven gently by people who hired them!

The 440i seems to be in Bolands as well. At 60k is not a bad advertised price, could possibly be gotten for 50-55k I'd say especially if they can't shift it in a couple of months

Yes I spotted that after.
    Nice upgraded merino leather and adaptive suspension. Definitely a good buy at mid fifties if you could get it for that. Same money buys a 191 2.0d.
    I know which I’d rather.
    Shows again how crazy depreciation is on these cars.

I was going to rent that 440i for a weekend but they pulled the plug on the promotion when I rang them and it had already gone back to BMW Ireland. The M2 Competition definitely was the most popular choice on the fleet and was fully booked out right up to the end of May. It was costing them a fortune in tyres alone in the short period of time it was on hire from what I read on other forums.

bazz26 wrote: »
    I was going to rent that 440i for a weekend but they pulled the plug on the promotion when I rang them and it had already gone back to BMW Ireland. The M2 Competition definitely was the most popular choice on the fleet and was fully booked out right up to the end of May. It was costing them a fortune in tyres alone in the short period of time it was on hire from what I read on other forums.
    Now is your chance for a test drive. I don’t think it will hang around long although I could be wrong but for an enthusiast it’s a good buy.
    Edit
    Just spotted similar spec in Bavarian BMW in Belfast for 31k sterling,roughly 35k euro. VRT is approximately 12.5k according to VRT calculator.Say you have it for 48k.
    Makes the car for sale in Waterford look very dear.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

bazz26 wrote: »

Have they added chrome to the fuel filler cap and door handles?

PS: Nothing worse that donedeals 'zoom' button, which just pops out an image the exact same size as the one you're looking at...

And side steps too.

Anyone ever see this bug eye integra front end on Civic. Don't ask me what you would want a bug eye front on your car in the first place.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-civic-integra-front/22496017

NWEzN2ZiZjI3ZmNiYzMyOTlmNmNmNGVjYzE3NWU4ZjTD6j1XFC9GPRfVVjefgxvKaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjkwMTcwMzl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

I'm sure there will be some young lad out there getting a semi for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭selectamatic

057ef6dc10ff6fcab93ddeff36f31dd1.jpg

This one looks well.

But at this stage doing front end swaps on Honda's of that age is only devaluing them so a side from individual taste it's a pretty pointless modification.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Both of those look all wrong!

I don’t mind Silvia or skyline front ends being changed but teg fronts on civics just looks wrong, the angles are way off.

But that's not a bug eye. As I said in my post who would want arguably(personal opinion of course) the worst front end on their civic.

Someone who got the parts or donor car cheap.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭selectamatic

But that's not a bug eye. As I said in my post who would want arguably(personal opinion of course) the worst front end on their civic.

You'd have to ring and ask. There's no accounting for personal taste. The car itself isn't priced too badly considering it's tested and has a bit of spec though.

You're looking at near double that for a tested eg9.

Bora front on a mk4 golf estate is another swap that can look well.

Honda 3 Series or BMW Civic:

30537690011_large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭duffman3833

Not liking the headlights but gorgous car
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mazda-rx7/22388929
    MGE0ZWEwYzRkYTA3OGNlODE3NGU3MmVhZTczY2JlMmYxq6uX_LVg3zBK1v_BINOmaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjgyMjEwMjl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Too much crap on it but definitely a class car!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They’re €27k brand new (ex vat)

Advertisement