Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness Pro14 Season 2018-2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Scarlets make a balls of a drop goal attempt. 30 metres from the posts but Dragons weren't threatening at the ruck for fear of giving away a penalty. Rushed it far too much.

Funny moment when the commentator thought Patchell made the kick and Scarlets won.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Fair play to Dragons

• Registered Users Posts: 17,749 ✭✭✭✭bilston

My bad, the Scarlets can still squeeze through if both Benetton get nothing from their game and Edinburgh lose

bilston wrote: »
    Tight finish.

Well done to the Dragons. They deserved that.

But now confirmed, no Welsh team in the Play Offs. That's a disgrace when you consider their national team won the Grand Slam this season.
    Actually they're in 3rd as we speak, but even a losing bonus point for Benetton will move them from that spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Dragons not exactly helping out their compatriots there.. Though if Treviso win it's probably all the one, unless Edinburgh win too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Jewelers

Is there any legal way of watching Treviso vs Zebre??

Be a brilliant achievement by Benetton to make playoffs and reach Heineken Cup next year.

freesports

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

bilston wrote: »
    Tight finish.

Well done to the Dragons. They deserved that.

But now confirmed, no Welsh team in the Play Offs. That's a disgrace when you consider their national team won the Grand Slam this season.

Cardiff or Ospreys will be in the play off from Conference A.

Cardiff or Ospreys will be in the play off from Conference A.
    I think he was talking about Pro14 playoffs (knock outs)

Benetton with 2 tries and a 12-6 lead at half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Treviso get the TBP so Scarlets are out.

Barring a miraculous comeback from Zebre, Treviso should get the 3rd spot in conference B.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Benetton are on 57 points, so guaranteed third I think. I say I think, because the official website has them on 56 which would mean Edinburgh could still catch them?

Benetton are on 57 points, so guaranteed third I think. I say I think, because the official website has them on 56 which would mean Edinburgh could still catch them?
    Site is wrong, Benetton started the day in 52 points and should now be on 57 if they got the try bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Site is wrong, Benetton started the day in 52 points and should now be on 57

That's poor really.

A 4-2 or 5-2 to Glasgow in match points in the Glasgow v Edinburgh game would now do the job for both teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,582 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

is that the first time an Italian team has qualified ??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

For the knock outs? Yeah - also first qualification for Europe "on merit" also.

I was actually quite surprised Treviso lost at home to Munster. Don't think they have much of a hope away but great to see them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,335 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

thebaz wrote: »
    is that the first time an Italian team has qualified ??

Yep, sure is! Delighted for them.

https://twitter.com/ianmck7/status/1122263013644435456?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 13,582 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Yep, sure is! Delighted for them.

me too, as a long time critic of Italian rugby , delighted for them , and McKinley especially, hopefully they push on like Connacht did a few years ago - be good for overall tournament.

Kings letting go of 20 players. Presume they will have to take a similar number in but still not sure how that's sustainable long term

Eod100 wrote: »
    Kings letting go of 20 players. Presume they will have to take a similar number in but still not sure how that's sustainable long term

New owners with money behind them. They've obviously got players lined up to improve the squad (and possibly players on loan from Toulon). I doubt it's something they plan to do every season, so it doesn't need to be long term sustainable if it's a once off.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I'm kinda surprised to hear they're letting so many go, I mean they did have a 100% improvement on their win rate from last season

• Advertisement

New owners with money behind them. They've obviously got players lined up to improve the squad (and possibly players on loan from Toulon). I doubt it's something they plan to do every season, so it doesn't need to be long term sustainable if it's a once off.

Has happened last few years too it looks like. https://twitter.com/rpetty80/status/1122827979602763776?s=19

• Subscribers Posts: 41,045 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

catrakilis would be great signing if they can get him..... and hopeful this toulon deal will give them some better quality players too... but in teh main it appears they are to be a nursery club

Has happened last few years too it looks like. https://twitter.com/rpetty80/status/1122827979602763776?s=19

Again. They are now under new ownership and finally have a bit of money (and hopefully stability) behind them. The signing of Jerry Sexton on a 3 year deal tells you that they're no longer planning season to season after a few years of chaos.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

SA Rugby announced that the provinces' squads would be capped at 45 players. This mass release is related to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,746 ✭✭✭✭phog

https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/status/1123159224366829569

D5ZC4k4W0AAzMOk.png

No Joy Neville and we have Ben Whitehouse - I suppose the knock out games being stacked with Irish Teams leads to neutral rather than good refs being appointed

Silly q, why does Pro14 publish that list? To show who was eligible to be picked? Presumably someone else will get the final then?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,045 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

i didnt realise Andrew Brace was IRFU.

i rate him as an up and coming.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    i didnt realise Andrew Brace was IRFU.

i rate him as an up and coming.

He's Limerick based. Played for Old Crescent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Silly q, why does Pro14 publish that list? To show who was eligible to be picked? Presumably someone else will get the final then?

These are the referee's for the 'final series'
    so one of them will get the final

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,746 ✭✭✭✭phog

bennyl10 wrote: »
    These are the referee's for the 'final series'
    so one of them will get the final

That would be my understanding too

Advertisement