Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Height means success, nothing else matters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Awesome story bro.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

meh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Move along Shorty......nothing to see (up) here!

Another tall tale....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Mrhuth

Ignore the facts if you want. Countless studies show otherwise

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

What a load of BS!

bazz26 wrote: »
    Another tall tale....

Spambot?

What a load of BS!

Do you want more studies?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭circadian

Telegraph. Aye, naw.

Cheers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mrhuth wrote: »

Yes, as many as you can find

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

It is very true in the building trade. Some small people end up in charge but mainly tall people. I think it’s to do with your leadership skills as well if you can boss people around all day without needing to use your size as a threat you can go up the ladder but it helps to be the biggest guy in the room when having a row.

I think what I’m trying to say is it’s easier to be the boss if it looks like you could bate everyone in the first few months establishing yourself over the team.

Marge Simpson says in an episode somewhere that Homer is Lenny and Carl’s boss because he is the taller of the three.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭seanrambo87

Do you, per chance work in Mr. Big N Tall? I'm 5'9 and I bet I'd run rings around ya. Feicin office workers, it's definitely a different mentality!

Spambot?

No need, your doing fine by yourself.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Never cared for what they know

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭AllForIt

It's about how you hold yourself.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Maybe if you want to plug into the cubicle jockey corporate world, but if you don't and want to strike out on your own(which I would suggest you should, at least once in your life), there are enough examples of men(and women) of shorter stature and other so called "disadvantages" that made a diff and had great lives.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Maybe in low skill jobs like management but in high skill jobs like research or biotechnology it's IQ that matters.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Maybe in low skill jobs like management but in high skill jobs like research or biotechnology it's IQ that matters.

Leadership qualities are far more important than how good you are at your job I’d say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

steddyeddy wrote: »

The best paid jobs are in finance and executive management. Not fluting about with test tubes or tapping away at a keyboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

In the company where my other half works, his boss is a short arse. His bosses boss is smaller again and there's no denying that both of them suffer from a severe case of short man syndrome.

In the company where my other half works, his boss is a short arse. His bosses boss is smaller again and there's no denying that both of them suffer from a severe case of short man syndrome.

Or maybe your husband isn’t hitting targets. Gets a telling off and blames the guy for being short.

My wife would have no idea how tall any people in my job are I’d say that’s your husbands perception of things more so than the fact the two fellas shorter than him managed to get to a better position in the company than him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

Seriously where do you work most people arnt that tall certainly not 6ft 3 and over.

Mutant z wrote: »
    Seriously where do you worked most people arnt that tall certainly not 6ft 3 and over.

In an office. Meetings of executive managers from multiple companies involve all of them being at least 6ft3. I feel like a dwarf and I am 6ft1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

The best paid jobs are in finance and executive management. Not fluting about with test tubes or tapping away at a keyboard.

Lp9MKii.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Ironically, you dont need to go up the ladder if you're tall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

In an office. Meetings of executive managers from multiple companies involve all of them being at least 6ft3. I feel like a dwarf and I am 6ft1

Is it an office in the Netherlands by any chance because the average height of an Irish man is only about 5ft 9/10 i just dont see that many tall people on a day to day basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

gctest50 wrote: »

Lp9MKii.jpg

How much coding do you reckon those two lads do on a daily basis?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I'm 6'5", one of the most intelligent people where I work (and that's not me just bragging, as people often in work often say it), but I'm extremely unambitious. I've a fine job, my mortgage for a modest house paid off when I was 44, but I'd hate to be in management.

Advertisement